• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Away, as in away from Falco lol. If you're getting CG'd to the right, then hold right and if to the left, then to the left.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That's glide tossing. To glide toss, first shield, then simultaneously press a direction on the control stick and the C-stick.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Froll what do you mean by Froll?
I glide toss all the time w/ Marth and I don't know the difference between a Froll and Broll Glide toss

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Except with MK, it only really works with his Froll, not Broll (afaik, I'll check later to be 100% sure, but right now I'm like 98% positive).

To elaborate, glide tossing is essentially cancelling a roll with an item throw. This causes you to slide while throwing it. MK's Froll glide toss is the only one that makes him slide anywhere.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Froll = forward roll.
Broll = backwards roll.

relative to the direction you're facing when you shield before the glide toss.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I'm a decent player learning the game. I first picked up Marth and I'm decent at best, but getting beat in tournaments. Tried other char but none fit my aggressive play style. Everyone knows this match up, na d I'm still learning. Should I pick up MK?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Do you think MK is fun? Do you think you will have fun playing MK?
Then pick him up.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Basically what Kaffei said

Keep in mind though, people have more MK experience then any other character in the game

Knew this going in. My MK is pretty legit. I don't have tourney results to prove it yet but, I will soon enough I promise.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hello MK boards! I really wasn't sure where else to post this because I didn't want to mess up your new match up discussion threads :S

I would greatly appreciate if any of you could give some input for the Peach vs MK match up
Heres the link:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282062

I know a couple of you MK's have fought some of our good Peach players before and getting to see the view from the other side would be nice :) Thanks in advance

Metro_Knight

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this question has been posted already, but I didn't feel like sifting through 100 pages of thread.

In many MK videos, I see the ability to tornado upward a bit. I have not been able to accomplish this at all. Is it a situation where you must be hitting an opponent to raise it?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Just wondering, how many frames of shield hitlag do the little hits of Mach Tornado have and how many frames are there before the last hit between hits?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
My MK keeps improving. I've gotten to 1430 on the AiB ladder. I was only able to get to 1200 before w/ Ness. I think I got to 1300 once. But then the good people on the ladders started picking on me lol.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I haven't actually seen the matches so I could be wrong, but I imagine it's to get more damage out of his nair.

Here's a good way to test it yourself. Face the enemy and be right next to him, and nair, and he'll just get hit by one hit and only take 12% usually, and get sent flying immediately. Now try facing away, while still right next to him. It should hit twice for like 18%.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
For ditto, try to get the other MK above you and uair juggle him. Also don't nado much, it's not very useful in the ditto, I find it to be a crappy move in that MU. Those 2 are big for this MU IMO.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I care to disagree with tornado being bad in the ditto,no move besides jab is bad, as Mk vs any char imo everything has a time and place sir

Enzo

Smash Lord
thanks ill make sure to look out for that and try not to be above myself, i also struggle with IC's and honestly i feel stuck when they walking blizzard camp to bait to a grab, the ic in my region rarely messes up his grabs, an tips.?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
vs IC be really patient. When you get an opening **** nana. Dair camping is really good just dont land like a *******

theunabletable

Smash Lord
About tornado in the ditto: It has really good uses, though. You don't want to approach with it, but it can be really good for recovery. Like if you're recovering, and the opponent is staying low to SL you, you can tornado to the stage, and if he SLs he'll just go right into the nado.

Or if the opponent is recovering low, you can tornado at the ledge, and if he tried to SL, he'll get hit by it.

One thing you have to learn in the ditto is to recovery well. Good MKs can put so much ****ing damage on you if you're predictable with your recovery.

DC is good for recovery in the ditto. Like if you're diagonally down and away from the ledge (but semi close to it), you can jump and uair until there's an opening, and then DC onto the ledge. If you space it correctly, it's ridiculously safe; because it'll auto snap the ledge, and if he grabs the ledge, you'll go past the ledge if you space it right and land on the stage. It works really well for recovery.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
vs IC you just have to separate them, i know the way i put that it makes it sound easy but its not at all. It takes a lot of practice and patience. When separated go for nana and try and gimp her. Keep in mind that in some situations its better to go for popo instead, you have to have a feel for it.

dair camping is good and if you EVER tornado and you miss or they shield or if you dont hit them in any way then land a platform, IC uair is good BUT its better then getting grabbed.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
About tornado in the ditto: It has really good uses, though. You don't want to approach with it, but it can be really good for recovery. Like if you're recovering, and the opponent is staying low to SL you, you can tornado to the stage, and if he SLs he'll just go right into the nado.

Or if the opponent is recovering low, you can tornado at the ledge, and if he tried to SL, he'll get hit by it.

One thing you have to learn in the ditto is to recovery well. Good MKs can put so much ****ing damage on you if you're predictable with your recovery.

DC is good for recovery in the ditto. Like if you're diagonally down and away from the ledge (but semi close to it), you can jump and uair until there's an opening, and then DC onto the ledge. If you space it correctly, it's ridiculously safe; because it'll auto snap the ledge, and if he grabs the ledge, you'll go past the ledge if you space it right and land on the stage. It works really well for recovery.
SL can actually beat Nado, you need to hit the nado with the beginning frames of SL (the huge hit bubbles)
other than that it's really safe

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah if you aim nado high, I mean, it's really safe.

Oh and one little thing (there's a ****load of little things in the ditto... I played M2K in friendlies for a good hour at bio, and the amount of tricksies he has in this matchup is ****ing ******** lol), if the other MK begins to glide at you, if you tornado, he has like no options if you do it right.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I haven't found a reliable guide on planking. I want to learn to do it well, it might save my *** some day.
Help appreciated.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Yeah if you aim nado high, I mean, it's really safe.

Oh and one little thing (there's a ****load of little things in the ditto... I played M2K in friendlies for a good hour at bio, and the amount of tricksies he has in this matchup is ****ing ******** lol), if the other MK begins to glide at you, if you tornado, he has like no options if you do it right.
yeah this is true lmao. I just watch 5 billion dittos of M2K and i learn soo much

Top Bottom