• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

NNID
Budget_Player
So I found that by buffering uair, I could at lower procents hit falco's grab armor with uair (doing at least some damage) and at higher %s into the CG, actually knock him out of it (and potentially defend against dair). Does this work, or did my opponent do it wrong?

Exdeath

Smash Master
So I found that by buffering uair, I could at lower procents hit falco's grab armor with uair (doing at least some damage) and at higher %s into the CG, actually knock him out of it (and potentially defend against dair). Does this work, or did my opponent do it wrong?
MK shouldn't be able to escape the chain grab if it's being buffered.

RMelee

Smash Rookie
Hello again Smashboards! Recently i've been having trouble with the D3 and G&W MUs.

Vs. D3: 1) what stages besides FD should i ban on stage strike and CP?
2) how should i approach D3 in general?
3) what do i do out of D3's throws?(i mean what DI and air dodge or attacks)

Vs. Dubs: 1) what are some SAFE ways to space G Dubs?
2) How do i edgeguard him when he is: high above stage?
level with stage?
below the stage?
3) who has a better MU vs Dubs; Meta or Marth?

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me on these MUs. =)

O_O Didn't even notice. I thought it had something to do with the 4% that Ike's jab gave MK.

NNID
Budget_Player
Can't help much with D3, but with Gdubs, you want to stay grounded as much as possible. If he's throwing out random bairs (a lot of G&Ws do this), punish with upB OOS. Try to ftilt him if he's zoning you on the ground. Basically stay grounded a lot and just bait and punish his every move. If he starts pulling out chef, tornado the *******. Any committing aerial approach? UpBOOS. Dairing you? Get out of the way and punish the landing lag. Just zone the **** out of the *******.
MK is G&W's hardest MU.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Can't help much with D3, but with Gdubs, you want to stay grounded as much as possible. If he's throwing out random bairs (a lot of G&Ws do this), punish with upB OOS. Try to ftilt him if he's zoning you on the ground. Basically stay grounded a lot and just bait and punish his every move. If he starts pulling out chef, tornado the *******. Any committing aerial approach? UpBOOS. Dairing you? Get out of the way and punish the landing lag. Just zone the **** out of the *******.
MK is G&W's hardest MU.
I think Snake and Marth are harder for GW, and also don't Nado the **** outta GW. Good ones will Up-B out of it and put you in a free fall, then you either get Smashed or possibly 9'd. Tornado should actually be used sparingly. Never approach with it either, because it can also be Uair'd and you're in a free fall again.

NNID
Budget_Player
I think Snake and Marth are harder for GW, and also don't Nado the **** outta GW. Good ones will Up-B out of it and put you in a free fall, then you either get Smashed or possibly 9'd. Tornado should actually be used sparingly. Never approach with it either, because it can also be Uair'd and you're in a free fall again.
I mean against chef. What beats it better?

Exdeath

Smash Master
MK is G&W's hardest MU.
That is pretty bland advice and I doubt that you understand what you're talking about. Up-B OoS is good, but it isn't always the best option. Nair, grabs, Fsmash, etc. are all better options that are available in the situations that you mentioned. Tornado should be used very sparingly, as G&W can punish it on hit at most percents. If G&W uses B, it should be a free hit for MK unless MK is too far away (which he shouldn't be).

C.J.

Smash Master
Hello again Smashboards! Recently i've been having trouble with the D3 and G&W MUs.

Vs. D3: 1) what stages besides FD should i ban on stage strike and CP?
2) how should i approach D3 in general?
3) what do i do out of D3's throws?(i mean what DI and air dodge or attacks)

2) How do i edgeguard him when he is: high above stage?
level with stage?
below the stage?

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me on these MUs. =)
vs DDD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=-8bVjiJEaxM&feature=related
Essentially just get him in the air and either tornado or grab his landing and hit him out of his upB.

vs G&W:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzexdyBAIBQ
He really plays the MU perfectly. Just be careful of the fact G&W's dair hits twice. As for Marth or MK beating him worse, they're about the same, imo.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I actually wanted to ask about that-how does that work, exactly? Any good MK/Gdubs vids?
Havok vs UTD Zac from ActiveGamers is good. He plays the matchup really well; that's mostly where I learned it.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hi guys, I'm new to these boards and MK.

I came here because I thought this would be a good place to clear some confusion up about the character in a whole so, be nice lol.

Also, Player4. You're a Ness main just like me. I need you're help in this the most. lol

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Hi guys, I'm new to these boards and MK.

I came here because I thought this would be a good place to clear some confusion up about the character in a whole so, be nice lol.

Also, Player4. You're a Ness main just like me. I need you're help in this the most. lol
I main MK, second Ness :p

But I'll help you :)

NNID
Budget_Player
All of MK's aerials have transcendent priority; in other words, they can't clash. You want the aerial with the most range, but this is tricky because most of them have similar range. Dair and fair are usually good choices.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
^Um...i would say just don't get grabbed, cuz i really can't find anyway to escape it. If u do get grabbed, i sometimes get out with a quick Dair.

Other than that, just try not to get grabbed :/

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Which 1 of his aerials has the most priority and will punish over anther MK?
Never be above MK, and if you're underneath just Uair the **** outta him. Fair is good for approach as well.

Thanks.

Also I need help w/ the Falco CG
which way do I DI?
Like people have said, if done right you can't get out. Best thing to do is DI away and Uair in case he messes up.

Top Bottom