• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

C.J.

Smash Master
Marth isn't that great against MK imo.... If you get him in the air and get under him, you win. The only thing he can try to do is use a Dair, which he won't cuz if he misses he'll be in for a huge punishment.
He can also Breverse/wavebounce Shieldbreakers and since MKs air movement is trash escape them that way. Although, Marth will take a ton of damage trying to get out of juggles and it might be better to retreat to the ledge and try to get past MKs ledge traps, idk for sure though.

Also gimping Marth is fairly easy, obviously don't be going for gimps when he is about to Upb to the ledge, but if you hit him far away and he isn't within range to upB to the ledge try to hit with a Dair or two and make it so he can't recover.
Marth isn't that easy to gimp if he saves his jump... at all ._.
If you want to do it, invincinair when he upBs. It's the easiest thing MK has that I've seen

Also I have a question about this as well.... If you get Marth in a nado and he pops out, is there anything he can really do to punish nado? For instance, in MK dittos, if you ever get nadoed by the other MK and you pop out you can instantly dair them out of it, which kinda makes nado horrible in that MU, because you usually take more damage nadoing then you give. So is there anything that Marth can instantly do if he pops out of nado? Can he counter? and do any of his aerials flat out beat nado? (not talking about if they hit you dead center in the eye of nado)
He can counter, although most people panic and AD back into the nado instead, lol. But if he's popping out, you're nadoing badly anyways.

EDIT:

Along the lines of frame data:
-MK's Dtilt on shield is safe unless Marth predicts it and grabs before he even sees the dtilt.
Just don't dtilt Marth's shield more than once in a row. It's easy enough to drop shield->powershield->dsmash since if your dtilt is spaced, it spaces our dsmash for us. Granted that's true for every character that has a frame 8 or faster move so w/e.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
1. How should I play vs sonic?

2. How can play better under pressure?

Iunno :S
I tend to choke

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth's pivot grab is only amazing if you run straight at him a lot

idk about sonic, I just camp really hard and it seems to usually work out

pulse131

Smash Ace
what do you guys feel about mk/pika in dubs?
maybe a list of people who team the best with him?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Idk who the best is but I like teaming with G&W, MK, Kirby, Snake, DK

Tesh

Smash Hero
Whats the "longest" way to plank to conserve ledge grabs? I heard MK can fly around near the ledge for up to 11 seconds before he must regrab, but assuming I'm not being pressured from someone standing close enough to steal the ledge, what can I do to conserve ledge grabs?

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Whats the "longest" way to plank to conserve ledge grabs? I heard MK can fly around near the ledge for up to 11 seconds before he must regrab, but assuming I'm not being pressured from someone standing close enough to steal the ledge, what can I do to conserve ledge grabs?
If your opponent isn't directly pressuring you on the ledge you can probably get away with a short 2-5 second glide if you really wanna conserve ledge grabs for a time out. My advice: use every reliable option you have. Ceiling the ledge with Uairs to prevent them from dashing off the ledge at you first of all. Second, use all your jumps unless you plan on airdodging>option back onto the stage. Third, always either shuttle loop or shuttle loop onto the ledge(Dimensional Cape is generally more reliable, but sweetspoting SL wastes more time offstage). Remember that you can completely avoid re-grabbing the ledge by reverse SLing back onto the stage as a mix up.

do any of his aerials actually make him float longer like fox and snake?
lolno :p

What is the best way to approach Diddy? What ways are good to come in and kill him without dealing with Bananas? Thankkss.
GSL if you can get close enough. O_o Otherwise you can just SH over his naners.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
is double mk or mk/snake a better team?
It really depends on the players. Both teams can have a stock tank, although snake can in some cases make a better stock tank than mk.

mk/snake:
Pro's: Easier stage control with snake, slightly better stock tank, silly c4 team combos
Con's: Snake can be gimped more easily, his grenades will get in the way if the mk partner is inexperienced with dealing with them

mk/mk
Pro's: No one ever gets gimped, continuous nado cannot be punished if the other mk reacts, can easily save each other from the others mistakes
Con's: Not as great of a stock tank as snake, same con as for every mk main: PEOPLE WILL KNOW THE MU INSIDE AND OUT

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is a better stock tank than snake, snake is a fatty and can get double team ***** pretty bad. edge guarding situations also seem to go bad a lot more in doubles which is always GREAT news for snake</sarcasm>. at least MK can just go "lol I grab the ledge" any time he doesn't want to die

depends on chemistry and proficiency getting omnigays really

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
MK is a better stock tank than snake, snake is a fatty and can get double team ***** pretty bad. edge guarding situations also seem to go bad a lot more in doubles which is always GREAT news for snake</sarcasm>. at least MK can just go "lol I grab the ledge" any time he doesn't want to die

depends on chemistry and proficiency getting omnigays really
Thats why I said "IN SOME CASES SNAKE IS A BETTER STOCK TANK". Because with the ledge, mk is a way better stock tank, but if we're talking about being on stage, than the snake is a better stock tank, because he is a fatty as you stated. ^_^ DUH!

When it comes to which is more difficult to kill on stage, it's snake, offstage/ledge its mk. Durp de durp.

earla

Smash Lord
where is the main thread for metaknights new matchup thread?

looking for updated info on diddy, snake, zss, gaw, wario. mk ditto.

links?

Master Raven

Smash Master
What are some fundamentals to know about the Pikachu MU? I'm going to a tourney this Saturday and ESAM is definitely my biggest threat. I've watched some vids but reading some actual advice would be useful too.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Then why was me pretty much the only one dumping stuff in the Pika MU thread? ):

Master Raven

Smash Master
Uh, there was that one guy from socal. That like studied ESAM. I forgot his name though.
At the risk of breaking my sarcasm detector, that was Havok, but it's been quite a while since they've played. ESAM most likely has fixed up certain habits, and obviously has gotten better.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
where is the main thread for metaknights new matchup thread?

looking for updated info on diddy, snake, zss, gaw, wario. mk ditto.

links?
There's a master thread stickied on the front page of the MK boards with all the current MUs threads going on

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279647

Does ANYONE know how to fight pika?

**** if I know...
seriously...
Pika is pretty easy if you play gay, you know they want the grab at low percents so just Dair camp him and bait and punish him going for grabs and make him put damage on you another way by not letting him grab you. Then when you're out of grab percent just poke him to death with tilts. You can Nado both his Up-B and Side-B recoveries, save your Dsmash for the kill, and just play smart and out space him. Slow things down to your pace.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But Pika can just run and punish ending lag of nado pretty easily. =P

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
30 frames of ending lag everytime.
Pika is short, so being high to autocancel won't help at all.
Pika's runspeed, Quick Attack and... more jolts...
Nado won't damage Pika too much because he's light.

There's not really too much advantages for Nado in the MU....
it's still anoying enough to worth the hit. =P

Boofy!

Smash Champion
ok so this mainly happens when I play MK or Marth, so i'm assuming it has something to do with disjointed hitboxes.. but why is it when I play a Snake and I catch their nades, they seem to blow up everytime I try and do something? Like I'll catch it with MK, then go to throw it and he'll just jab and it'll explode LOL am I retarted?

don't answer that last part =p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnCcHhoQ6U&feature=related

EDIT: also how did seibrik do that f-smash at 8:48? Was it just a pivot f-smash?

Top Bottom