• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's what I was more wondering, I know that if they know you're gonna AD in the ground anyone will wait and grab, I guess I was just wondering if someone could react to it if they weren't really expecting it, I guess I could also just make sure to space the AD buffered Dtilt out of their grab range to avoid being grabbed as well. Just thinking to myself....

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
All right, last Question for a while, I promise.

So I just recently learned/discovered how useful and awesome using Nair after grabbing the ledge is as a way to gimp/get free damage. My question is more just wanting to know more about using this option. Is there any way to quickly grab, let go, regrab the ledge to refresh invincibility frames? I also wanna know more about what situations to use it in or possibly more importantly when not to use it, as I don't want to be setting my self up for stage spikes or anything like that.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's called invincinair.
It's incredibly useful and a very important part of your ledgegame.
Just grab the ledge, wait 25 frames, press away from the ledge and nair.
It's ridiculous when done correctly.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't anyone mix up Dthrow into regrab mixups? Instill a fear of being SL'd or Fair'd out of Dthrow to condition an airdodge and then grab/tornado the airdodge. >__>

Tyler_ACE

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I just started to pick up meta knight yesterday, and I'm wondering if u guys have any tips for a beginner or maybe know a thread I should read that can help me out :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A well-spaced any aerial move (but nair?).
Fair is the easiest and simplest solution.

fflower

Smash Rookie
posting order

I don't know new question topics do keep the forum active. I haven't seen many bad questions. But I see this topics use.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
If another MK is trying to DR to the edge just SL his ***. You'll take damage but he will be sent closer to blast zone and chances are he'll have to DR again to try to get the ledge and guess what.... you can SL his *** again and again and again until he dies.... seriously.... if MK ever uses all his jumps and is too far away to DC or SL back on stage it should always be a stock. All he can do is nado and DR, both can be punished by a SL.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Got over my G&W problem this weekend!

Now gotta' figure out how to beat Lucario.

earla

Smash Lord
yo. watched seibrik vs vinnie gaw.

whats best way to get back onto stage vs gaw from the ledge?

whats best option if gaw is spamming dairs near the edge?

how do you punish mk dimensional cape recovery to edge best?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Couldn't you let go of the ledge and immediately Shuttle Loop him? I mean, he has to be within hitbox range, if he's gonna try to key an MK. I also imagine Shuttle Loop being fast enough to punish the key after G&W lands. I could be wrong, seeing as I've pretty much just picked up Meta Knight and have zero G&W experience. Anyone care to correct me or add anything to what I said if I'm wrong?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ledgedrop > insta Uair
If he goes down to chase you, gimp him. If not, maybe a well spaced DC (so you snap the ledge during invinvibility) could make you return safely, IDK really...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
What moves da bess to approach G&W and Kirby?
Lol, don't approach G&W or Kirby. But if you're in range G&W has no response to d-tilt. Against Kirby you can kinda' do the same thing, but if he rushes in with a shield don't take the bait.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
help fighting snake, I can't stop the nades from blowin up >.<''
Get into the mindset of not fearing the nades, if you get scared of them and always stay away from them you are gonna lose, Nades blow up on the count of 4 (1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi BOOOOM), and never attack a snake when he has a nade and is shielding, he wants you to hit him then, grab instead. but..... if ya wanna get a little ballsy I believe Ftilt has just enough distance that if you space it correctly you can hit his nade he is holding and make it blow up without hitting you.

Other than that, get snake in the air, enjoy the 80% you do to him and repeat until desired kill percentage is achieved.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What moves da bess to approach G&W and Kirby?
Don't approach lol. Every Kirby I've played wants that stupid grab combo **** to start the match, just use this to your advantage and Dair him a bunch if you're afraid to get grabbed (which is why you go aerial), but if you're not scared then just walk and Tilt him, he can't do anything about Tilts. Also mix in some dash grabs against Kirby, it'll catch them off guard if you're playing slow and walking using Tilts.

Against GW, do the same thing, there's no reason to approach or rush him down, just Tilt him if he comes towards you then grounded Up-B his Bair and Dair. He really has no approach against MK, as long as you move second and make him move first you'll be fine. Just watch his down throw and his smashes, his smashes kill you super early. In this MU just stay mostly grounded and you'll be good. Also, save your Dsmash for to kill with, you can usually catch lower level GWs with Dsmash on their Dair when they hit the ground and kill them early due to poor DI from holding down on the control stick.

yo. watched seibrik vs vinnie gaw.

how do you punish mk dimensional cape recovery to edge best?
You could just scrooge to the other side and catch GW off guard.

If he's spamming Dair by ledge just falling Uair from the ledge, you could also falling Uair > Shuttle then get on stage, but don't always do it, you need to mix it up.

How do you punish MK's DC recovery? Just grab the ledge lol, if he goes for the ledge then he's going to die from free fall and if he lands above the stage and barely on it you can just jump Nair/Fair/Shuttle/Uair him.

help fighting snake, I can't stop the nades from blowin up >.<''
Jump over them or shield them lol, you have like 6 jumps then specials.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
here's how u fight falco

spam dair and nado until u're like 40%
then PS/shad lasers grab them and throw em off stage and **** their recovery

bye

Top Bottom