• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
If you can't tech in brawl, you should probably try playing a different game. :p
I've been wanting to play around with mks froll. <_<

Here's a question that's probably been answered before, but oh well. How do you guys deal with someone who throws their controller after you beat them? Do you say sorry? Walk away before they hit you? What?

I had this happen at the last tourny I was at, and it made me feel terrible...
D:
Our old best player used to do this after every game he lost. He still does, but he's not our best player anymore :)

Not gonna lie, I hate it. He doesn't just throw his controller, he runs up to it and throws it a few times or slams it by the cord. Usually the room just goes silent when it happens. It's a really cool way to ruin the fun. And no matter what he's going to do it. Even in friendlies.

I think what I'm going to do is yell, "You're a giant ******" every time he does it. I don't know, anything is better than that cold silence when he's raging and comforting him doesn't work, so the best thing to do is probably let them know how much they're ruining the fun.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Some people take this game waaayyy too seriously. I ****ed up recent tourney really bad with my cool sefldestruction tricks. I was really mad, but I didn't go around throwing stuff.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Twas a sonic main who prided himself in the mu. But I've beaten lots of sonics in my area, so I don't take ****..
I just hate it when people do that stuff, like they're so angry to the point where its not even fun to troll them, but scary! D:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I feel more sorry for the controller than the person who threw it. Cmon.. Good controllers are hard to come by.

Idk about you guys but I treat my controller like my partner lolz.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
If you can't tech in brawl, you should probably try playing a different game. :p
I've been wanting to play around with mks froll. <_<

Here's a question that's probably been answered before, but oh well. How do you guys deal with someone who throws their controller after you beat them? Do you say sorry? Walk away before they hit you? What?

I had this happen at the last tourny I was at, and it made me feel terrible...
D:
Ragejohns are the worse. I'm on the same boat with Kaffei though, good controllers are a ***** to get these days.

At most I'd bite my lip from shouting "BROOKLYN RAGE", say gg, shrug it off and go get an energy drink or something. I actually learn **** when I lose and get better from it.

I feel more sorry for the controller than the person who threw it. Cmon.. Good controllers are hard to come by.

Idk about you guys but I treat my controller like my partner lolz.
This a million times. I hate it if people(few exceptions) even touch my controller. >.>

Hey, do you guys have a Xat chat, msn, or anything? Just curious. ><

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That rage topic is random...

Most people just ignore when someone gets like that. You should do as well, he should be the one that should feel bad.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If you press A you will glide attack.
If you press B you'll just free fall.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you do glideattack, you can't do anything for about a second and keep your momentum. It's easy to miss the ledge this way.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah if you press A you'll have momentum that will carry you farther then you'll want to go after you attack, but if you press B you'll stop immediately after you press it and won't attack.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Did you know that you can glide attack by pressing A while in a glide? If you want to cancel it normally, press B!!

Staco

Smash Champion
When I once played a good friend of me (he quitted melee some time ago) in melee, I once gimped him 3 times with Marth vs. Falcon, DTilt FSmash stuff, he then raged out and threw his controller with fullpower against the wall 2 times, LOL.
The controller got destroyed, his mother woke up from this, came over to our room and threw us out, LOL.
He also once damaged a light switcher, cause he got 4 stocked by someones jiggs in friendlys, lmao!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Albert wtf D: I didn't do anything wrong!

Anyways, what are all the safe moves to do against a grounded Dedede? I usually dair but they can easily read it and punish. It's damn annoying to lose in such MU.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Anyways, what are all the safe moves to do against a grounded Dedede? I usually dair but they can easily read it and punish. It's damn annoying to lose in such MU.
don't try to attack DDD too directly IMO, I walk up and dtilt just outside of his range sometimes so that if he runs forward he'll get hit before he can shield, full hop dair, retreat fair, just try walking and jumping around and waiting for him to do something...mostly zoning and baiting, really a MU that requires a lot of patience

what are some good strategies against IC's blizzard wall? I used to SDI into it and dair/nair to separate them but lately I just get grabbed trying to do that, dunno if I've gotten worse at it or if he's somehow just using one climber so the other can wait to grab immediately...I can just avoid it if I have the lead but idk how to get in on it when you actually need to confront it

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
In the MK ditto, what moves are punishable on shield?
Suttle Loop beats almost everything non-properly spaced.

Albert wtf D: I didn't do anything wrong!

Match Tornado, land far from him, or a little behind (few DDDs actually remember they can Bair OOS XD)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well that Dedede really knows all the things like bair OOS and if I land behind him, he does a turnaround grab. I have noticed that careful dair spacing that just barely hits him is pretty safe, but it gets predictable and soon punished.

Staco

Smash Champion
In the MK ditto, what moves are punishable on shield?
In theory everything is punishable on shield, except in specific situations like pushing your enemy offstage.
I also don´t know if a proper spaced fsmash on shield is punishable.

In praxis nobody will be able to punish everything on shield on reaction.

vs. DDD, just get him off from the ground and **** him.
I also don´t see why you want to approach DDD with Dairs, since U want to get him in the air, you don´t want to be above him.

vs. Blizzard Wall
DI it and punish ICs for using it.
You can also just space around it and punish.
If you get hit, DI upwards to hit the upper climber, so that there is no possibility for the lower climber to grab you.

etecoon

Smash Hero
fsmash is one of those things I believe that is technically punishable on shield but it isn't realistic, you have to be completely frame perfect. you can do a few things with it if you get closer like if you dash shield it and he releases it too late because jump OOS is 2 frames faster than dropping it

etecoon

Smash Hero
vs. Blizzard Wall
DI it and punish ICs for using it.
You can also just space around it and punish.
If you get hit, DI upwards to hit the upper climber, so that there is no possibility for the lower climber to grab you.
mmm, I suppose I've probably just gotten worse at this. probably shouldn't surprise me, I practice less lately and I've switched between the wiichuk/GCN controller a lot, but I could've sworn I was getting grabbed like the instant I got hit...

what would you use to punish it? AFAIK it outranges all of MK's ground moves and if you try to fly above them they can uair you

edit: oops didn't mean to double post that

Staco

Smash Champion
Since ICs airspeed is slow dair is pretty good against it.
The range of dair outspaces it, if you use it properly.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@lzr: Imo playing grounded vs D3 is great. He might win, spacing-wise, at the neutral position, but from a grab, for instance, your followups vs D3 are just insane. So while he might be able to win at the neutral position more often, when you win at the neutral position, he loses his stock lol.

Learn how to gimp D3, it's soooo helpful. Practice against level 9 CPUs. They basically recover like humans do lol (stupider, of course, but his recovery is really linear, so playing against CPUs can help with that). You can cover like all of his recovery and ledge options with good spacing. Pressure the **** out of him on the ledge.

Imo it's not really about being as safe as possible. It's my favorite matchup because I can be risky as ****.

I mean don't do dumb stuff like attacking his shield with stuff like fair. Stay relatively safe, but DON'T be afraid to take risks. You can do MUCH more with stage control than D3 can. He can't trap you on the ledge very hard at all; because your air game is still pretty good, and can get you back to the ground. And you can work with little stage control, whereas when D3 gets hit while having no stage control, he's off stage. And offstage is HORRIBLE for him.

You gain a lot more for getting a hit than he does, so don't be afraid to take a risk and go for something that sets up a lot (fair is good for setting stuff up at certain percentages, nair, grabs).

And learn to juggle him HARD. His aerial mobility is worse than yours, take advantage of that, it's like the only matchup where you can. There's an angle where you're kind of diagonally below him, and his dair can't hit you. Stay at that angle and he doesn't really have many options.

Imo playing smart and mostly grounded is the best way to go against D3. Just don't be really stupid, and capitilize HARD on his mistakes.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I can gimp Dedede, it's so fun, they always save their jumps so I SL their UpB many times until they just die. It's so fun to do. I have noticed that grabbing Dedede is ****, but it's risky as he can grab me out of it before I can grab him so it needs a good read. In this MU both chars **** with their dthrows and usually do at least 20-30% per every grab. I still underrate his dairs range as it's a lot bigger than the hammer itself, so I kinda get hit by it often >_>
But yeah it's awesome to actually have better mobility than my opponent.

Top Bottom