• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Boofy!

Smash Champion
There's so much to learn it would be nearly impossible to try and list it all, everything has a use, some things more situational then others.. just practice, watch videos, go to tourneys/smashfests, practice, read the boards for AT's/MU's, practice AT's and MU's.. just gotta put in the work.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for putting in the work, just wondering what're the primary things I should keep in mind, what techniques would some of the people here think are important to know for any MK, etc. =P

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Hmm.. I don't main MK but off the top of my head, learn to cancel the glide of GSL, lagless tornado, drill rush ledge cancels, Infinite Dimensional cape.. uhmmm idk help me out here people lol

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Glide attack cancel is a maybe.
Lagless tornado is always useful.
The other ones are unnecessary...

Ranges (Aerials, Tilts, Down and Forward Smashes mainly) and stuff that can be buffered.
And practice all of his recovery options.
That's the forst ones that poped out on my mind =P

-LzR-

Smash Hero
^^Correct, every MK I have played have just did the ftilt as fast as possible, losing the potential of the move. It cannot be spotdodged or anything if you mix it up. It's awesome.

Practice stuff like lagless nado, it is to important, I sometimes mess it up and I will 90% of the time get SEVERELY punished, for like 30% or so lol.

And learn to not to SL by habit, this is the biggest mistake noob MK's do, because the move is beaten by anything if a good player knows you are going to do it. Just don't.

Learn some nice frame traps.
Against many character, uair, they dodge and then dair is legit.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
How do u cancel tornado so theres no lag?
LOL u mad
There's so much to learn it would be nearly impossible to try and list it all, everything has a use, some things more situational then others.. just practice, watch videos, go to tourneys/smashfests, practice, read the boards for AT's/MU's, practice AT's and MU's.. just gotta put in the work.
this

im debating switching to kaffeis avi also but

mines to awesome

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
How do I beat MK?
Shield. The one time I played you a long time ago, I noticed you were terrible against tornado. When you go to MMM's, have someone tornado you for 2 hours and figure out ways you can punish it. You're pretty good against other characters. Some tips or things to work on could be learning to tilt your shield up (play with tap jump off), shield drop into DACUS, DIing out of tornado and air dodging through the corners or n-airing on top, pivot grabbing nado, smashing when they tornado low, aerials on the corners, etc.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't think this avatar stuff is very funny at all. Knock it off.
It is really frustrating to find/make a good avatar and when people steal it that is super annoying.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
So I found out a trick whilst practicing against CPU's and was just wondering how many of you found it useful in tournament play. When the opponent is recovering, timing the R-get up (when on a ledge) to use the extended invincibility frames to edge-hog without getting hurt. I used it in particular against Ike's Up B, Marth's Up B, Kirby, Fox, and a few others. Does this only work on CPU's or does it work against players too?

With further experimentation (against a human player), I found out it also places you in perfect position to dsmash (with the stronger back half of the attack facing the opponent) in case the opponent happens to land on the platform during your roll.

What's the chance that this can be pulled off successfully against a human player during an actual match, as opposed to experimentation?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well the over 100% roll is really good vs Ike when he uses Aether. That's basically edge hogging. As far as the delayed get up to d-smash it does work on people like fox if you time it right. It can work. Just need to know when to use it. I'd rather get up attack people like marth, falco, fox, and pit. It puts them in a bad position.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's so easy in melee, in Brawl it requires some timing. CAN'T HAZ TECH SKILL ON BRAWLZ

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
The timing between those 2 is so different. I awlays fail@teching when I switch from Brawl to Melee >_<

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think it's because in Melee you have more hitstun so you can just hold it earlier where in brawl if you try it the same way you air dodge instead

idk

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I wanna play mind games with MK and lure more mistakes. I hold down forward smash on spots I know my opponent would try to roll to or keep dsmash as an option but I'd like to throw some more creative stuff like using my dimensional cape.

So what are some things I could do to get my opponent to make a mistake and I could capitalize on punishing it?

For example, with Pikachu I could use QA for mind games, mix up my landings, retreat with tjolting out of a QAC or even go for it an aerial if I feel safe being aggressive.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Idk
try ftilt1 them once, then walk away. LOL.

froll then froll back to dsmash < lololololOLolol MK's froll is so amazing

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think it's because in Melee you have more hitstun so you can just hold it earlier where in brawl if you try it the same way you air dodge instead

idk
It's because in Brawl you gotta tech just before you hit a wall. If you press it too early, you can't tech anymore for 40 frames.

In melee it's 30 frames before touching the wall. So if you were to be hit by knee, you can press L BEFORE getting hit and then tech as long as you hit a wall in 30 frames. The catch is that you can't tech during hitlag. And melee***s can't tech after hitlag as they suck.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
If you can't tech in brawl, you should probably try playing a different game. :p
I've been wanting to play around with mks froll. <_<

Here's a question that's probably been answered before, but oh well. How do you guys deal with someone who throws their controller after you beat them? Do you say sorry? Walk away before they hit you? What?

I had this happen at the last tourny I was at, and it made me feel terrible...
D:

Staco

Smash Champion
If you can't tech in brawl, you should probably try playing a different game. :p

Here's a question that's probably been answered before, but oh well. How do you guys deal with someone who throws their controller after you beat them? Do you say sorry? Walk away before they hit you? What?

D:
Last time this happened to me in Melee.
Dunno, I just sat there doing nothing, beeing happy about my win. xD

Player-4

See you in 25 years

D:
Tell my friends I made someone rage hard enough to throw their controller after a loss :awesome:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
But you see Teching is useless for some character's like Pit. I have that mentality that if I get hit and stage spike I don't tech. Once Pit's hit out of his up-b if you do manage to wall tech you'd have to wall jump tech to pivot arrow to even make it back to the stage. So I kinda gave up hope for wall teching in Brawl in general.

Top Bottom