• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So how do I beat Ness? We have a damn good Ness player here. He is very hard to gimp, he gets around it, he plays really smart.
His fair walls me like nobody's business and it combos into other stuff too. We were so even, but I don't think it should be like that, Ness is an easy MU. He was also hard to grab and everything.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
so why dont i ever see a metaknight use tornado out of shield? like do what you would do for shuttle loop but instead just use tornado.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Because Tornado out of shield is way too slow compared to GSL/Nair/Dair

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think it still would be a good OoS option if the opponent couldn't do anything for a long period of frames. Like say you power shield Ike's Fsmash or something and then you can nado to juggle him and stuff.

*shrug*.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would say because there are way better options at that given situation than tornado. Also, you have to drop your shield first. And the startup sucks so you gotta use it against laggy moves, where you could actually punish them with something better.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hit the Jump and the Special Attack buttons at the same time.
Voila!

Exdeath

Smash Master
That's basically what I said right above.
You said "Way too slow," but if 11 vs. 9 frames is way too slow then so is Dair vs. Uair. I like to B OoS when I power shield certain things (e.g. Dedede's Side-B).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Are you really gonna bring semantics in... lol. You know what I meant.
Yea I like to Up B oos a lot too

iRJi

Smash Champion
I like you guys. You guys actually talk productively. Just wanted to share my likings. lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just asking, why would you want to nado OoS? Unlike our other options... That one is risky. If we don't do it right, we get punished badly. And nados properties which make is useful like priority and shieldpoking don't matter since it's OoS. Also, you want to set up a juggle, uair and Shuttle Loop do that a lot better.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nado OOS is mostly not useful and it's far too slow to be a guaranteed punish on like...anything, but I like doing it sometimes just because it is ANNOYING

like really

who the **** nado's out of shield?

Albert.

Smash Master
So how do I beat Ness? We have a damn good Ness player here. He is very hard to gimp, he gets around it, he plays really smart.
His fair walls me like nobody's business and it combos into other stuff too. We were so even, but I don't think it should be like that, Ness is an easy MU. He was also hard to grab and everything.
You **** yourself with this mentality by underestimating Ness.

If he's an easy match up then why have a bunch of top MKs lost to Ness players like FOW and shaky?

It's a "hard" match up because Ness DOESNT get completely ***** by MK like a lot of characters above him.

Anyway, watch Seibrik vs Shaky where Seibrik wins

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well the thing is I used to beat Ness easily, but this one was of a totally different level than anything I had seen before.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know, Albert's post was the truth. I just simply told why the effect was multiplied, I had always beat Ness's before.

Exdeath

Smash Master
nado OOS is mostly not useful and it's far too slow to be a guaranteed punish on like...anything, but I like doing it sometimes just because it is ANNOYING

like really

who the **** nado's out of shield?
I like using it against Diddy when I PS his bananas. It's actually pretty safe and gives a lot of implied pressure on Diddy because you can just eat his shield, safely run away, and then you can shield poke him.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
question about planking: Is planking to stall out a match to win by time out common among MK pros in the community?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
question about planking: Is planking to stall out a match to win by time out common among MK pros in the community?
Mew2King is the only MK who really does it, and many tournies ban stalling anyways so don't worry about it.
this is probably the dumbest question you guys can get but will someone explain to me what the omnigay is? is it a joke i don't get or a technique or what? >.<
This is the Omnigay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmRoAz_4CQ
Just remember that whoever has the higher port number will die. So, try your best to get port 4.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm basically new to the MK boards, normally I'm in the Pika boards but I've been picking up MK and loving it. >.>

I just have a couple of questions...

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9SSS0Kknk At 4:00 after Khaos took a stock off of MrR he dtilted left and right, I'm just wondering how do you do that and how useful is it?

2. While at PolyBrawl5 I saw M2K on battlefield fly below the stage, chill at the bottom pillar, stretch his arms then come back. He was pretty much down there for 5-8 seconds, I was just wondering if that was considered planking or if I'm totally allowed to do that at a tournament? =P

3. Normally I have tap jump off considering I was new to brawl and there were hardly any perks for Pika to have tap jump on(except QAC but those were easy with it off anyway), I'm just wondering what're some pros to MK having tap jump on?

4. What stages should I take my opponent for Neutrals, CP's, and what stages should I ban?

5. I've seen players from above the stage dimensional cape downward towards the stage and catch the ledge, I'm just wondering if it's a sweet spot that I need to get close to perfect for or if grabbing the ledge with dimensional cape is pretty simple?

6. Is there anything else I need to learn to do with MK?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
1. Just turn around, not useful.

2. Not stalling, just collected some speed and spent it under there, effective scrooging.

3. Shuttle Loop OoS. I love tapjump.

4. SV and BF are our best neutrals. Strike FD.
CP stages for me are RC, Brinstar, Delfino and Frigate. Ban your opponents best stage.

5. It's simple when you know the range. Just practice up so you won't miss.

6. How to cut the lag of all of his B moves. It is really useful.
And learn to abuse all of your recovery options. It saddens me to see so many MK players who only recover with upB >_>

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
6. How to cut the lag of all of his B moves. It is really useful.
And learn to abuse all of your recovery options. It saddens me to see so many MK players who only recover with upB >_>
How do I do that? O.O

-LzR-

Smash Hero
End nado from a certain height and you have no lag. Use shuttle loop under the stage or a platform so it has zero lag too. SideB can be canceled when you end it right as you leave a platform or the stage, but it's tricky.
And downB I think has less lag when it's aerial.

Staco

Smash Champion
If you just press down lightly you will grab the edge instead of missing it.
If you press it full you wont grab the edge. (is the same as in normal falling animation)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Not true, the timing is what affects it.
Uh, it is port.

Who said they tested it?

The entire concept of the Omnigay is to abuse that controller port advantage.

Having the same timing with different controller ports leads to MK killing himself each time, or MK killing the Snake.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure you said it yourself that you tested the ports and got inconsistent results or something. Well I may have been wrong, it's a long time.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
SORRY I meant that the lower port number dies. You always want higher port lol

Top Bottom