• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
YI is probably the gayest nuetral for gaw imo outside of his little gimmick on the left side if they ban FD

Didn't vinnie JUST take m2k to game 3?
last stock m2ks 100% game 3 and vinnie decided to nair offstage instead of fair, and then got shuttle looped is what i was told >_>

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Ban SV vs Pokemon Trainer
? Why do you say that? SV has always been a reliable pick for me against most everybody... Second only to Delphino Plaza (and that's only if I can get away with excessive sharking).

theunabletable

Smash Lord
PT is able to switch out of their Pokemon laglessly, so no need to go Ivysaur.

I actually have some experience vs typh there, but I didn't notice it being any more difficult than like... FD or BF.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Because he can transform on the platform and just fall off, so he's not vulnerable while transforming.

idrc if it's anymore difficult or not i would rather take him to a place where he has a harder time transforming

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Meh, that can be adapted to. Smart discovery on their part, but I don't see that changing the MU much >.> I could be wrong though? As much as I hate the downB, could you not do this as a surprise counter to hit them on the change as you swoop down to the lower level, assuming there is some slight delay between the change and when they can shield?
Theoretically, I would think the invincibility/invisibility frames would protect you if they countered in an obsurdly fast manner.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
it's a legit strategy!!!!!

but if you want me to leave, i will.

how do you unsubscribe from threads?

Grump

Smash Apprentice
@BSL: Say WHA?! Pardon, but my troll detectors may be slightly twingling >.< If it's a false-positive....
Just pressing B wouldn't take us DOWN through the platform, which is where the falling Pokemon would have landed.

@Kaffei: Can I safely assume this was not directed at me? I'm only asking because of the close post-times >.<

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Does razor leaf go throught nado? It's like Rob's laser and goes throught stuff and still continues to go on.

Staco

Smash Champion
No its not.

Cant PT just transform at the start of his stock and stay invulnerable during transforming?
I know when Shiek/Zelda transform during invulnerability, they get more invulnerability frames.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It is, but dair is safer, but a fresh nair OoS is pretty much a guaranteed kill when you want to get rid of someone.

Also PT can't use DownB during invincibility.

Staco

Smash Champion
Oh, okay. Oo
Fair/Bair and UAirs OoS are also better sometimes.
It depends on the situation.
If you expect an attack while juggling and you shield it, Nair often will not connect, if its spaced properly; Fair and Bair will.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think I use too much nair, it has so much killing potential and has the least range of MK's aerials so I should save it a little more.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I use bair to edgeguard DK, longlasting, large hitbox with some knockback and is usually fresh is just too good to ignore againt DK and his stupid upB.

Exdeath

Smash Master
No its not.
19% damage, comes out on frame 8, has decent range, and has decent kill power. What a horrible OoS option.

Just goes to show how little I know about the MU :c

What are some bad stages for her?
Rainbow Cruise and Frigate are very good. If it's legal and you have practiced on the stage before, Green Greens is good. I actually don't recommend Brinstar unless you're well-versed on the match-up there. If you are versed on the match-up there (there's so many important gimmicks and one of ZSS' problems against MK is killing, which is mostly non-existent on Brinstar), then that is one of the best stages to take her to.

I use bair to edgeguard DK, longlasting, large hitbox with some knockback and is usually fresh is just too good to ignore againt DK and his stupid upB.
Compared with Meta Knight's other options, Bair isn't that good for edge guarding DK on-stage or off-stage; Up-B and Dair are better off-stage and there's a lot of ways to trap DK on the ledge (B is easy-mode, but Dtilt and shielding are more effective and actually keep DK off-stage IMO).

Player-4

See you in 25 years
ZSS always ban Frigate against me, GGs was legal for MLG and I used it and did well but choked because it was MLG lol, and I tried Rainbow before, but the ZSS just outran me.

So all of those stages are out, anything else? I'm thinking of just going to my fav CP and just trying to outplay them instead of going with a character hindering stage

Exdeath

Smash Master
ZSS always ban Frigate against me, GGs was legal for MLG and I used it and did well but choked because it was MLG lol, and I tried Rainbow before, but the ZSS just outran me.

So all of those stages are out, anything else? I'm thinking of just going to my fav CP and just trying to outplay them instead of going with a character hindering stage
You should always play to learn/out-play your opponent unless it's for money. If ZSS out-ran you on Rainbow Cruise, you didn't play it properly. Even if ZSS gets ahead of Meta Knight, he can still catch-up/shark. Green Greens is probably Meta Knight's safest keep-away stage against ZSS. She isn't good at getting through/around the blocks, being safe, and chasing Meta Knight on that stage. She can certainly win there, but it's very difficult for her to re-take the lead once Meta Knight has it.

Also, don't disregard a stage because you performed poorly on it. Practice on it instead. Weakness into strength and what not.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I see what you're saying, I just don't know RC enough atm, but seeing as it's one of MK's best stages I guess I should take the time to learn it

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
guys

tell me how to **** lucario and g&w
like what stages should i ban.
what stages should i go to.
things they can't punish or is generally safe.
and videos showing good examples of the matchup

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You can Dtilt GW's Bair as he's coming toward you. Abuse tilts mainly.

You gotta gimp Lucario, just wait for him to use his second jump then **** him. And if your PSing is on point then you can punish a lot of what Lucario does

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No you read it right, trust me, I've done this before. It works. You can poke his feet with your Dtilt before the turtle head hits you, it has to be spaced though.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
I'd use Ftilt as BPC stated. It does more reliable damage (dtilt's is higher max, but also more spread out) and you can attack twice with the Ftilt. I mean the frame turnout is identical, so the damage and how fresh you want your dtilt/ftilt to stay is all it comes down to. Though I think the ftilt is slightly more forgiving as far as spacing errors go.

Nevermind. Looks like I'll be practicing the dtilt ----v

Kaffei

Smash Hero
guys

tell me how to **** lucario and g&w
like what stages should i ban.
what stages should i go to.
things they can't punish or is generally safe.
and videos showing good examples of the matchup
Just don't fair a lot trying to "zone" them cus they can shoot uncharged auras at you. junebug taught me that. Dont drop gimps because you never wanna let him live high.
As for stages I would personally avoid smashville because the platform can help him recover. I don't really know what stages are good for MK vs Lucario, I guess Battlefield since the platforms can help MK juggle and Lucario can't juggle MK at all.

M2K is very very good vs Lucario. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcafdKQ5C_k

G&W uhhh.. Play campy. If you see them about to bair do GSL. learn to tech dthrow cus that is gay. I think you can tech it left/right and dsmash them before they can u smash you out of a tech chase. Don't be above GW because of his stupid uair but Im sure you already know that. Being below GW is also not that good because if you try to juggle him he can dair you. maybe you can bait this and utilt or something which is usually what i do. When you are recovering dont glide. see what he tries to do and recover smart. I think nado or dimension cape work the best from my experience. Don't nado on stage because g&w can up b right after the nado animation ends even if he's sucked in and that puts you in a terrrrrrribbbllleee free fall position.
Stages.... Don't take him to RC because a lot of the time you will be in the air above or below GW. It's better to take him to a flat stage like FD because you always wanna camp him and punish him with stuff like ftilt dtilt up b. dtilt is really good. i havent found a way to edge guard gw unless they recover stupidly sooo idk. watch out for gw's who dash attack at the ledge while you're on the ledge because that stage spikes you and puts you in a ****ty *** position. I don't think G&W is free idk why people keep saying that lol.

Havok is very good vs G&W: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzexdyBAIBQ

and about dtilt beating bair.. just up b, don't dtilt. That spacing is stupid how consistently are you gonna pull that off, it's easier to up b. I mean I guess if you can pull dtilt off to beat gw's bair consistently then go for it because you can follow up with grabs and stuff.. but yea dtilt is really **** lol

19% damage, comes out on frame 8, has decent range, and has decent kill power. What a horrible OoS option.
Idk if you guys realize this but nair doing 19% is TWO seperate hits. The reason it does 19% at low %s is because low % = less kb so both hits can connect. at higher %s it's harder to connect both hits. Nair is frame 3, btw.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
thanks kaffei

@P4: G&W's usually' b-air from above with a full hop. idk about d-tilt...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Compared with Meta Knight's other options, Bair isn't that good for edge guarding DK on-stage or off-stage; Up-B and Dair are better off-stage and there's a lot of ways to trap DK on the ledge (B is easy-mode, but Dtilt and shielding are more effective and actually keep DK off-stage IMO).
How the hell do I edgeguard DK with a SHIELD?
I want to keep him off the stage and keep him there, not trap him in the ledge.
Trapping him in the ledge is what I resort to when I fail to keep him offstage. And for dair to work, you gotta carefully space it from above, in the case of bair, just sit on the ledge, DK uses upB, you do bair and it pushes him back. Rinse and repeat. NO SHIELD REQUIRED.

Staco

Smash Champion
Yes, your enemy is obviously just jumping into your shield and not spacing a ranged aerial, so that the Nair wont hit, true story, U should always nair oos, lmao ...

How the hell do I edgeguard DK with a SHIELD?
Trapping him in the ledge is what I resort to when I fail to keep him offstage. And for dair to work, you gotta carefully space it from above, in the case of bair, just sit on the ledge, DK uses upB, you do bair and it pushes him back. Rinse and repeat. NO SHIELD REQUIRED.
If he goes above the stage you can shield his up b and do anything out of it.

fast fall UAir beats GaW Dair

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He won't go onstage, he goes to the ledge and edgehogging has small room for error.

Exdeath

Smash Master
ZSS can Dsmash G&W when he's at full-hop height. G&W's feet dip very low.

Nair is frame 3, btw.
Not OoS.

Yes, your enemy is obviously just jumping into your shield and not spacing a ranged aerial, so that the Nair wont hit, true story, U should always nair oos, lmao ...
I didn't say to always use it or even that it's Meta Knight's best option. I said that it's a good option. You're being foolish.

Top Bottom