• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
gotta be honest ics are probably olis worst mu ._.

or at least hardest

idk anything about peach oli other than olimar mains hate it
kinda dont care either

mu probably never happens XD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I've never had anyone ragepick Olimar against me before wtf usually it's mk lmao

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sometimes people pick MK against me just for the ditto.
With the ragepick I mean them picking Oli because they know I hate Olimar.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If you can get a dtilt lock started, you can use jab instead, since it does more damage.
Other than that, I haven't really found any uses for it.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I ***** Zeton's recovery with it in friendlies at MLG.

Since Fox's side B hurtbox is way out in front of him, jab will sometimes beat it, and then because of his fall speed, he'll end up at a very bad angle really quickly. Really easy to gimp after the jab.

It's good after a weak hit dash attack against some characters for the same reason. It can't be PS'd if they're offstage lol.

So say that you're standing at the ledge, and the Fox decides to Side B, you can just jab, and **** him.

Be careful with the jablock, though. It can be SDI'd. But I find it really good for starting up Dtilt locks, since sometimes when the opponent hits the ground, their body bounces up and their hurtbox will sometimes be too high to get hit by Dtilt.

It's somewhat rare, but it's annoying as **** when it happens.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
IIRC Falco's hurtbox on phantasm is like kinda behind the hitbox, so, from what I've noticed, it doesn't really work THAT well on Falco, no. Stopping side-b-wise, anyways. If you catch Falco with it while he's offstage, his fallspeed'll still hurt him, though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you use jab like Zard or Bowser breath edgeguard, it might work.
Just roll to the ledge, use jab and a characters just might get in. He has to DI out of it just to go offstage in a very bad position of DI throught the attack causing some damage.

It still sucks thought.

C.J.

Smash Master
IIRC Falco's hurtbox on phantasm is like kinda behind the hitbox, so, from what I've noticed, it doesn't really work THAT well on Falco, no. Stopping side-b-wise, anyways. If you catch Falco with it while he's offstage, his fallspeed'll still hurt him, though.
Falco's hurtbox is in front of the hitbox. It's why Marth can SB behind him and trade hits, or why MK's nair can hit him out of phantasm w/o trading hits.

Staco

Smash Champion
Thats all wrong.
Falcos hitbox got 3 points, where you are able to hit him (the full Side B, I don´t know about the shorter versions).
You have to hit him out of this 3 small points, to get him.
So it would be all about spacing the Jab at one of this points.

If you don´t believe me:
Go training mode, roll to the edge with Falco, throw a smart bomb in front of you and then Side B into it.
You will always get hit at the same spot, even if you time your side b more or less earlier, so that the Smart Bombs hitboxs is further than the Falco side b hitspot.

Example:

Falco: X
Falco gets hit here: o
Left Hitbox ending of the Smartbomb (different timings = smartbomb hitbox gets bigger, if you time the side B later): |

X______|_O

X_____|__O

X____|___O

x____________________________________< end of side B

You will always get hit at this same spot.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
etecoon is correct. SL also must be grounded. Aerial SL doesn't have any invincibility frames.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
And aerial SL only has speed, it sucks when it comes to priority. Kinda funny how grounded it suddenly got like the most priority of all the moves in the game.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Grounded also has **** priority, -LzR-. I don't know what you are talking about.
The only reason it seems like it has a lot of priority is BECAUSE of those invincibility frames.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You know that is exactly why it has priority... >_>
Marth's upB got **** priority, it only beats stuff because it's invincible, not good logic.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I wouldn't consider that priority.. I'd just say you're invincible, lol. Whatever @ wording

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
In that case, priority doesn't even exist.
Actually, it doesn't...
When two non-trascendant hitboxes collide, they'll clash.
If one of them reaches a hurtbox while the other one doesn't, the attack animation of the hitted one is cancelled, thus its Hitbox is.

I'm not sure what happens if both hits a hurtbox at the same time, tho...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know that, there is no true priority. Spacing is more important. But but aerial SL will almost always trade hits while GSL will beat anything with it's invincibility.

You know that priority is the relation between hitbox and hurtbox. Falcon has his hurtbox pretty much where his hitbox is so he has low priority. GSL doesn't even have a hurtbox and that's why it has incredible priority...

YOU GOTS DAT KAFFEI?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
TheTantalus said:
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone had some videos to ledge canceling tricks with forward b. I can do it somewhat well from on stage, but off stage and at angles i'm having a lot of trouble. I looked around the board here and couldn't find anything. Youtube search is useless relating to brawl.

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCG6NF10oU

This vid shows a bunch of angles and off stage things. Idk if that's what you're looking for though. Sorry Tant.

etecoon

Smash Hero
LOL I was going to recommend that vid but thought better of it, I still remember praxis trying to argue that this was going to be the new planking, drill rushing around BF is unstoppable!

Grump

Smash Apprentice
So what is the likelihood of MK actually being banned from tournie's? My year+ hiatus has left me out of the loop on many things.

NNID
Budget_Player
So what is the likelihood of MK actually being banned from tournie's? My year+ hiatus has left me out of the loop on many things.
About 0. Unless you live in Nova Scotia. The MK ban movement is dead, and with good reason-have you SEEN the latest tournament results? APEX 2010 and MLG DC/Dallas... All 3 major nationals won by Falco or Diddy; lousy MK placement (there were as many Sonics in MLG Dallas top-8 as MKs!).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nova Scotia just happened to have one of the few TOs in that actually makes Tournaments for test some things (like rulesets or stages).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
3%
You should check out the MLG and Apex results. They are quite healthy.

Staco

Smash Champion
Yeah, instead of banning characters they started banning players from tourneys (ADHD, M2K), because it´s all about the players skill. :awesome:

Top Bottom