• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I noticed when mk down b's off the stage to recovery and someone is on the ledge he always goes over them meaning he cant get edge hog with down b? right?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's ungimpable when spaced properly. You were saying like nado sucks because you will die if you use it under the stage.

Staco

Smash Champion
When I played Orion in MK dittos once, he used down b diagonaly to go over the edge (I grabbed the edge), I let go off the edge in the moment he used it, naired and he got stage spiked (appearing at the edge).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
that does work, but its also risky because all i have to do is wait for your invince frames to die, and then i can shuttle loop you for just standing there. hence knowing when to use shuttle ;)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Would you think it's a good idea to only use dsmash to kill?
There are usually moves that fill dsmash's place like tilts or GSL.
Saving dsmash would allow you to kill opponents very early in case you won't gimp them.

Staco

Smash Champion
Saving dsmash would allow you to kill opponents very early in case you won't gimp them.
Depends on situation, enemy etc.
If you expect your enemy to have bad DI and you get him offstage through DSmash, then it´s a pretty good pick, because it can lead to a gimp.
I would actually also use dsmash not to kill in certain situations.
It won´t hurt you too much, if it´s stale a bit, also because U are not killing with DSmash.
Often grounded GSL is a pretty good killmove.

FTilt can also be DIed, if you are almost out of range.
For example, if you play against Snake and he does some laggy move, but you are almost out of range, so that just FTilt, DTilt and DSmash are a legit option.
If you hit him offstage with DSmash he has to recover and you can try to juggle him and deal even more damage.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Actually, I get pretty annoyed because it looks like I don't spam Dmash enough lol
Other players here throw half-brained Dsmashes that somehow are really useful for them, like they don't use Ftilt in exchange of this, which deals more damage, and somehow kills at relatively low %, considering how stalled it might be....

I think I'm just too used to BBrawl's MK, where Dsmash is kills at VERY high %s, so I save it until 120% at least. =P

I think I play better than those other local MKs, but they seems to be more successful because they spam GSL > Glide Attack > BDsmash way too much (and most people try to shieldgrab after the GA, which is silly).
I haven't played those MKs enough, tho.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
dsmash is a good punish, i really like that it cant be sdi'd
high level players constantly di my ftilt so itll be like the same damage anyway, and if they are di'ing away for the ftilt then they can potentially die from the dsmash

also if something laggy hits my shield and i can shield drop punish
most of mks moves arent that great as far as punish goes, and fsmash is way to slow, so i charge dsmash to keep my nair fresh, which is a MUCH better kill and damage move imo. its a awkward example, and in that situation many times i grab because mks dash grab is soooo gay but yeah lol.

but i wouldnt worry about staling to much anyway in game
Most characters CAN grab after the glide attack hits their shield if the spacing is close enough.
wut

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right, I keep using dsmash like I used to. I gotta practice sweetspotting SL too. **** it's just awesome.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
sweetspot being the reverse hitbox? O.o

glide attack is really just a reading game. you can cancel the glide, you can delay the glide as well and hit them if they hold/drop shield or cancel behind them and grab. the thing is, glide has startup lag so dont do it Super often but i like it the more i use it

Exdeath

Smash Master
This isn't rly a mk specific question but,
What does "JV" three-stock mean?
Also, what does it mean when someone says "I call shenanigans"
An alternative way to word "I call shenanigans!" is "that's crazy!"

When a victory is achieved with 0% remaining, the title of the victory is a JV [Insert Number of Stocks Remaining + 1] Stock victory.

For example, winning with 1 stock and 1% damage is a one stock victory, while winning with 1 stock and 0% damage is a JV two stock.

tl;dr: A JV three stock is two stocks remaining with 0% damage.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I personally love being camped. I love to have to get around them and everything. Maybe it has to do that my most played MU is against Falco.

Albert.

Smash Master
yeah dude lol of all the lower-tiered spammy characters you could mention you chose samus? the b**** cant do s*** lol.

If anything just switch to marth LOL and just fair.

You know who's worse than samus, but is in that league?

YOSHI.

F***

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol Yoshi is better than Samus, what the hell?

I wouldn't even go Marth against Samus if you wanted to CP her, MK does a better job than Marth imo.

On another note, I actually wanna pick up Peach for Olimar ;_;

Orion*

Smash Researcher
just tornado samus and yoshi ._. real talk

kaffei dont pick up falco you arent black. just play marth if you want someone for oli/TL

its a very similar tech skill so its easier to pick up imo

my marth got good really fast once i put tech skill into him

Kaffei

Smash Hero
LOOOL I forgot that 99% of Falcos are black.
There was this one casual melee player at my old school and he's black. I asked him what character he liked to use and when he responded with Falco I died inside laughing.

I don't want to use Marth though.. Cus he's a sword guy with no projectile like MK
Falco has a projectile AND a reflector how sexy is dat yayuhz

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh yeah I forgot Marth is really good against Olimar too

Peach ***** Olimar though, her Dair beats everything he has except for Up-B I think. I don't really remember all the reasons, I just know it's probably his hardest MU

etecoon

Smash Hero
just tornado samus and yoshi ._. real talk
doesn't yoshi's grab and egg toss both beat nado? like obviously you can stay above his grab or any ground moves that would beat it but he can just egg you if you go high can't he?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Marth is def Oli's worst. Peach just out prioritizes all his ******** moves (u smash) and Up B beats Peach because it has transcending priority. Dair really does **** him hard though.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
if you only need it for oli peach is a good choice, or ics if you can do the cgs like me :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMf_b4gsmX8

edit:

dont nado until you are in his face above pivot grab range and all he can really do is jump away, attempt to usmash it (super obvious) or egg lay (best option). if he shields autocancel it behind him and just gay him for being silly lmao

double edit:

ito this has been discussed a lot already, we should probably sticky something like this XD

but generally

dtilt > ground approaches
ftilt > air approaches

Top Bottom