• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
infract trolling please sold2 or delux

please, gambe should have been gone long ago for incompetence

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Same, I need a higher post count. I've been around for ages and can't even reach 1000. :p

Thino said:
granted its boring

but does that mean the ruleset is made for spectators?
The game revolving around one single character is bad. AND boring.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Iblis, I was JUST thinking earlier how much my post count is going up because of this XD

@Alien I guess it's human nature to want to express who is truly right. I'd prefer to watch the madness and chaos, and only pipe up when it's something that truly interests me.

This stuff's been going on for hours so it's kinda boring now, but I like talking ABOUT how boring it is XD!

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
People say Brawl wasn't meant to be played in a tournament scene...

But then I see

and wonder if that's true....

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@Alien I guess it's human nature to want to express who is truly right. I'd prefer to watch the madness and chaos, and only pipe up when it's something that truly interests me.

This stuff's been going on for hours so it's kinda boring now, but I like talking ABOUT how boring it is XD!
Yea, I agree. Sometimes the insignificant things in life draw us towards it. I don't know why, it's just so poorly interesting in a good way.

It's not like I have anything else to do--besides composing music-- but, meh.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Fun fact: Did you know Colombia already banned MK a couple of months ago?

I think it was Colombia. Or Venezuela. For some stupid reason I always get those countries mixed.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Iblis, I was JUST thinking earlier how much my post count is going up because of this XD
Soul brothers. Also I respond to them because it helps me with my writing skills haha.

Placed in the higher percentile of my grad class for writing because of this place.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I believe people not being in control with their own bias is what is hurting the community more than anything. Too many insults, groundless accusations, and empty claims raining down upon the this battle for order.
I can agree with this, one of the reasons why I left.

Our game will die if we don't stop being so negative.
Hard to stay positive with our chances after reading this thread.

Items are turnable on or off

They used to be on for melee but got turned off. (memory could be wrong) This just carried over from melee like the timer and stock.
Just because you have the option, doesn't mean it's the best course of action.

You are right about Melee, due to the explosive containers/capsules. However, this is a non-issue in Brawl since you can turn the capsules and containers off. Brawl is a new game and should have been treated as such, instead of trying to treat it like Melee. What worked for Melee doesn't mean it will work for the sequel. All-Brawl proved this perfectly.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'm surprised is how calmly people like gambe or jebus troll other users into a back and forth discussion that accomplishes nothing except getting people to post like 8 times a minute lmao wtf.
Lol. From what I see, Gambe's just giving us pointless reasons to continue giving him reason for posting.

Either that, or he's just really dense.

Thino

Smash Master
The game revolving around one single character is bad. AND boring.
alright, well I guess this is an opinion that seems to be shared by many people if it finally made it to URC

I still do hope the complaint came more from top players themselves rather than crowd boo'ing

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@EL: WITH THE DOUBLE PLAY. When I saw pause I thought of the Judo problem, and then I read the subscript....GOOD SHOW.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Even if the title screen said "THIS IS NOT A COMPETITIVE FIGHTER", I'd play it competitively, though. SSB is like a joke character in a fighting game. I love joke characters.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Even if the title screen said "THIS IS NOT A COMPETITIVE FIGHTER", I'd play it competitively, though. SSB is like a joke character in a fighting game. I love joke characters.
I was referring to Sakurai's intentions.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
My post count saw a similar growth.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I lol'd at aggressive zss. The only player to ever get away with that was Dazwa because he's a god damn genius, zss is campy as ****.
We agree on something
yoshi can be pretty damn aggro
Every successful yoshi ive ever seen plays like a ****** tho :glare:

his mobility // egg lay mixups // solid dash grab give him approaches and bait but i dont think it's solid enough to be called "aggro"

I lol'd at people claiming MK was aggressive. MK ****ing loves aircamping.
He can be aggressive if he wants to be.

I can make money off this game now
XD
I want to see that wario!

Did Izaw seriously say that EU MKs are way better than USA ones? Who, exactly?
I'm actually curious about this one to. Please don't include me in this **** LOOOL
Like. Don't get me wrong I can name people I'm better than or whatever but like, US has M2K. Homie is on a different level
>_>
/broken

Peach has to be played partly aggressively :D.

So does ganon... because he get's camped :awesome:

The self-righteousness and ego levels in this thread are astonishingly high.

Put up or shut up at Apex, guys (both the Europeans and my fellow Americans).
This
to be perfectly clear, I wanted MK banned in doubles only
I would compromise to this actually. Doubles is always fun anyway
M2K is NOT entertaining to watch anymore.

m2k doesn't even go for wins, he just tries not to lose
Mostly yes. He still does have his days where he's on fire tho haha

If this is true, why have I heard little to nothing of Lucario over there, yet for some reason only the US, and I guess Japan if you count 9B, are the only places where he does anything?

:phone:
Like really? Lucario is not even important though. Just because you main him doesn't mean that *****'s special. I'm not hearing you ask about falcon or w/e

Well there's lots of reason why that is.. because we dug ourselves our own holes especially with that whole Yellow card business.. it's only been the negative that got brought out to the other fighting community. The main fault for this is obviously the players. I mean sure it's fun to be an underground tournament scene and we can do whatever the hell we want.. but it's also a lot better to be able to grow as a person and as players to show that we can do more. That means putting yourself out there and show that you care about your game.. examples as a top player, helping lower skilled players with guides, making videos.. you know these kinds of things, make blogs.. etc. You name it.

I found it really stupid when I heard that top players do not have any responsibility whatsoever and all they need to do is play the game and not care about anyone else. And obviously there's some players like that... =/ When you are in the spotlight, then everyone wants to see you do good things like being a rolemodel for them, inspire them with stuff. =P I'm not sure what else to say as examples.. lol.
^^^This

gambe is seriously starting to get on jebus level of arguing
LOOOOOOOOOL

I guess Smashboards should remove the Meta Knight option for your Brawl main :awesome:
XDD

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well if i were to be a MK main and i got my character banned after all my work on that character to get good , how would I feel?
L2readresultsthreads.

Outside of like Shadow and Nairo (only examples I can use at the moment), most top level MKs have secondaries and tertiaries that are up to par with their main or dangerously close. So the MK mains that still want to compete will just break out their 2nds and 3rds and polish them up for tournament play. Especially in areas where there are thriving scenes, you can't expect them to not get match-ups down. I feel like your butthurt is just lol. Do you even go to tournaments?

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was apparently made to be somewhat serious. The only good reason pause would be off would be exactly for that, and that's why they gave us the option which we are now actually implementing....

Maybe Sakurai doesn't hate us as much as we think....

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Well, it was apparently made to be somewhat serious. The only good reason pause would be off would be exactly for that, and that's why they gave us the option which we are now actually implementing....

Maybe Sakurai doesn't hate us as much as we think....
Good point. I'm just under this incredibly heavy impression that Sakurai specifically did not intend Brawl to be a competitive game at all. So I tend to be skeptic about things like that, but who knows.

Because things like MK's godlyness, and tripping come to mind..

I mean.. ANYTHING can be competitive if we wanted it to be. Even eating food can be competitive. I'm just saying, by one's intentions, you tend to question the nature of the overall aspect.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
L2readresultsthreads.

Outside of like Shadow and Nairo (only examples I can use at the moment), most top level MKs have secondaries and tertiaries that are up to par with their main or dangerously close. So the MK mains that still want to compete will just break out their 2nds and 3rds and polish them up for tournament play. Especially in areas where there are thriving scenes, you can't expect them to not get match-ups down. I feel like your butthurt is just lol. Do you even go to tournaments?
Shadow has a really solid wario actually

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Guys, this is serious. Look how serious I am. I know you can't actually see my face being serious as this is only a post on this thing called the internet, but simply try to feel the seriousness of this post irradiate from the screen.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
People take All-Brawl seriously?
Yes. In fact there was an article about it a while back.

Due to the majority of the people in this community's behavior towards the idea of items in tournament play (You should all knows how this subject goes down), the people who thought of the idea left it alone and went to better games. Since nobody is willing to pick it up whether out of fear of the item haters flaming and harassing them or just not want to deal with that drama altogether, it slowly died down.

Well anyway, I wonder where all the MK mains will flock to?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Guys, this is serious. Look how serious I am. I know you can't actually see my face being serious as this is only a post on this thing called the internet, but simply try to feel the seriousness of this post irradiate from the screen.

Define ''serious''.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
If you're going to post something this ludicrous, make sure you double check your proper troll face placement.
I just have a hard time taking this seriously. It's supposed to be the most important and controversial alteration in the Smash community, yet the original statement has an elementary school grammar error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom