• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol wtf? He said that last part was for comic relief. This has got to be one of the most idiotic comments I've ever seen. Did you even watch the video or did your salty boner just make you run over here and post a mindless comment. Would you mind passing the salt, my fries are a little bland.
I actually didn't notice he said comic relief either. Still alot of people are meat riding this vid cause of that part.

You didn't have to respond so roughly.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
It's not banned in the US, is only banned in the stupid Unity Ruleset.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
That's not true. Diddy Kong, Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, King Dedede, Lucario, and Zero Suit can play pretty aggressively in Brawl.
dude. please like. you picked the gayest characters in the game. i can't tell if you're trolling
these characters can be aggressive in mu's they already massively win... maybe... that is about it.

you will not see olimars rushing you down now that the ban is over. he will still be a ****** character.

Whether MK is broken or not, a lot of people would just rather play the game without him.

A sad truth.
This

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Aggressive ZSS?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow, there is literally nothing in her moveset that supports aggression. She is by far one of the worst "viable" characters at taking back the lead from somebody who refuses to approach.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hello everyone, if you haven't seen it yet, i made this video just to share some information with everybody.

I hit a few different points in the video that show how biased we the URC are overall, and i'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

I'm going to be pushing all sorts of content on this channel in the future, so subscribe to keep updated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG1t1DExXc

Thanks and Enjoy. PM's are welcome!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hello everyone, if you haven't seen it yet, i made this video just to share some information with everybody.

I hit a few different points in the video that show how biased we the URC are overall, and i'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

I'm going to be pushing all sorts of content on this channel in the future, so subscribe to keep updated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG1t1DExXc

Thanks and Enjoy. PM's are welcome!
This video is pretty bad

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Aggressive ZSS?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow, there is literally nothing in her moveset that supports aggression. She is by far one of the worst "viable" characters at taking back the lead from somebody who refuses to approach.
Well theres dash attack :p LOOOOL jk

Dude all of her best moves and specials are midrange spacing moves and slow ones, i dont know where this guy came up with that

leffen

Smash Champion
Did Izaw seriously say that EU MKs are way better than USA ones? Who, exactly?

LOOLOLOLOLOLOL.

And obviously top players are gonna whine about this change.

What defines them as "top players" today is decided by how well they can fight metaknight. Now that he isnt allowed anymore many top players will fall imho.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Akuma was also made to be broken, and he was like 10 times better than Old Sagat, you can't compare.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Okay, then SCIV Hilde.
And... Akamaru from one of the Naruto games he was playable in, although I'm not sure if that counts.

What's The Point

Smash Master
In most 2D fighters, characters were only banned only if they were console exclusive. For a long time the arcade machine was considered the standard, so if something couldn't be played in the arcade it wasn't allowed. This was because it meant console players could pick characters that arcade players never see. Same reasoning why Kratos is banned in MK9, since he doesn't exist on the 360 version. Though now in the US everything is console, though nothing has been banned yet. Games that had natural characters that were broken ended up not being played in tournament.

Some exceptions like Akuma, who was simply to good, and everyone loved SF2.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Akuma was basically a boss character in Super Turbo, so it really doesn't count.

Banning Meta Knight is the equivalent of banning Old Sagat in Super Turbo (aka SF2)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The self-righteousness and ego levels in this thread are astonishingly high.

Put up or shut up at Apex, guys (both the Europeans and my fellow Americans).

Player-1

Smash Legend
By the way, our straw poll on MK ban (a poll to find out each member's stance on MK's legality before any discussion took place) was 11 wanting to ban him, 3 against the ban, and 1 being neutral. About 73% for the ban, and 20% against it which is in the general area of what the community poll was. T1mmy is a member of the URC and you kind of see where he voted/didn't vote from the categories: for banning, against banning, abstaining from voting, and abstaining from voting due to inactivity. http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=125097.

So it was only after a lot of discussion of the subject did it turn into 14-0-1-2

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
LOL@ Brawl being aggressive though.
If only....

I play aggressively with ZSS and I try to make it work. I love playing rushdown due to my history with the vs. Capcom series of games and SFA3. More often than not, I have to tone down and start playing "Brawl" to be successful though but that's what the game is.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
In my honest opinion, banning mk is an error that will come back to haunt you, when you see all the top pro players leaving the game cause of this poor biased decision. Afterall if the pro players don't want him banned its cause of something, they know better than the 75% scrub community whats good for us. And what we need is to have MK back. Basically, how I see this, what you (URC) guys are saying is that either you come with us or we ditch you along the road; with the "follow my urc ruleset or your tournaments don't get advertised on smashboards/AiB".

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
In my honest opinion, banning mk is an error that will come back to haunt you, when you see all the top pro players leaving the game cause of this poor biased decision. Afterall if the pro players don't want him banned its cause of something, they know better than the 75% scrub community whats good for us. And what we need is to have MK back. Basically, how I see this, what you (URC) guys are saying is that either you come with us or we ditch you along the road; with the "follow my urc ruleset or your tournaments don't get advertised on smashboards/AiB".
Derp. Keeping 75% sounds better than 25% and new top player arise if your doomsday prophecy your preaching in this post happens.

There are pros who do want him banned just like there are ones that don't.

Smh at some of these posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom