• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Who are you to say that it takes a step backwards? Can you read towards the future or something? Instead of being a negative ***** like a lot of the community.. try to look at the positive aspects please. The trend of being negative is getting absurd in the community, really..
Your flaming is completely orange.

People saying it's goinb up and down will not mean anything for us unless nintendo says so.

Meta Knight is banned from the unity. It's a happy moment for all of us who has opposed to his frames and MUs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
another thing i have to get out of my chest is... okay 75% want him banned and 25% don't want mk banned. if we think this through, most of that 75% that wants him banned consist of wifi scrubs and people that just dont go out of state to nationals etc. and just plain don't contribute to the community while the 25% which is anti ban is majorly composed of those who do go to events and actually have made mk what it is today. why would i take in the opinion of those who havent done much for us? tell me please cause i can't understand.
This is point has been constantly proven wrong

Looking at the top 25, top 50, top 75, and top 100 players. Its consistent with a 3-1 ratio to ban MK

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what's more worse (or sad).

The fact that a character got banned or the realization that 10-13/41 stages are actually useable in the ruleset.

Putting the majority of the game being banned aside, this is looking a bit more like what happened to SCIV.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I seriously, seriously don't get anti-ban people. They either hate the idea of losing their (unfairly overpowered) main or they think "ban" is an evil, dirty word that is only okay when it comes to stages. Anti-ban people hate fairness and diversity, it's a scientific fact.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I seriously, seriously don't get anti-ban people. They either hate the idea of losing their (unfairly overpowered) main or they think "ban" is an evil, dirty word that is only okay when it comes to stages. Anti-ban people hate fairness and diversity, it's a scientific fact.
I think some of them just want something to complain about to rebel against the norm.

It's blatantly obvious that 95% of them don't even know what they are talking about, lol.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
another thing i have to get out of my chest is... okay 75% want him banned and 25% don't want mk banned. if we think this through, most of that 75% that wants him banned consist of wifi scrubs and people that just dont go out of state to nationals etc. and just plain don't contribute to the community while the 25% which is anti ban is majorly composed of those who do go to events and actually have made mk what it is today. why would i take in the opinion of those who havent done much for us? tell me please cause i can't understand.
Because you don't actually have any data? Because you just made up a convenient point to justify your own feelings? You're right about one thing though: you can't understand.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Lots of top players use MK themselves. Of course they don't want their money-making tool to go.
well yea, its their money making tool but why can't you think they just use mk cause they like the character and they play him cause of that. im talking about top players here like M2K, Anti etc. and they entertain your livestream monster *** so i dont know why people are fighting over this, because to be quite honest if from that 75% pro ban we took out the wifi scrubs and the no contributors, i believe we'd have an even playing field at 25% pro ban and 25% anti ban.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
@Gambe17 - stop acting like there aren't scrubby, sucky MKs. There are tons of them and they voted as well. Poll aside, MK is just unfair and it was about time he was banned. Why should he deserve his own rules just so he's "kinda fair"? Why can he influence the stage list so much? Why does he dominate tournamentes so much? Because he's unfair.

And lol if you think they play MK because they like the character. Just watch MK being completely neglected if he becomes mid/low tier in the next Smash game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Your flaming is completely orange.

People saying it's goinb up and down will not mean anything for us unless nintendo says so.

Meta Knight is banned from the unity. It's a happy moment for all of us who has opposed to his frames and MUs.
I am not flaming, I'm making an observation. Did you even read the thread? It's typical human behavior that when a change happens they go ape ****/complain instead of adapting to the change.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
@Gambe17 - stop acting like there aren't scrubby, sucky MKs. There are tons of them and they voted as well. Poll aside, MK is just unfair and it was about time he was banned. Why should he deserve his own rules just so he's "kinda fair"? Why can he influence the stage list so much? Why does he dominate tournamentes so much? Because he's unfair.

And lol if you think they play MK because they like the character. Just watch MK being completely neglected if he becomes mid/low tier in the next Smash game.
Not cause his unfair but because you lazy ***** can't learn the mu and just plain get better. Beating MK is not impossible and its being showned...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I have owned plenty of Snakes, Marths and Falcos with my Jiggs at tournament. I'm sorry but you can't tell me I'm too lazy to learn a MU - I don't main MK.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
M2K is NOT entertaining to watch anymore.

m2k doesn't even go for wins, he just tries not to lose

Plasma

Smash Cadet
Not cause his unfair but because you lazy ***** can't learn the mu and just plain get better. Beating MK is not impossible and its being showned...
If you want to be taken seriously, stop bringing up points that haven't been shot down 10 times in this thread alone. Oh, and stop the name calling.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
cause i've seen most of the top player's opinions on this thread and most are the top players themselves
...Sweet Jestus above, you really know absolutely nothing about statistics at all, do you?

...You know nothing about matchups and balance, and nothing shows this more than this post.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm not sure what's more worse (or sad).

The fact that a character got banned or the realization that 10-13/41 stages are actually useable in the ruleset.

Putting the majority of the game being banned aside, this is looking a bit more like what happened to SCIV.
Well sorry our developer doesn't design the game to be competitive. Gotta work with what we get

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
True fact: Snake is more difficult to my Jigglypuff with years of training and experience, than to my one-day pocket MetaKnight.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yep, that describes every single anti-ban player.
Grats on being smart.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
True fact: Snake is more difficult to my Jigglypuff with years of training and experience, than to my one-day pocket MetaKnight.
I can win more with may Day 1 Yun than my Hakan I've stuck with at release.

But then again you would have probably been one of the eventhubs posters in favour of banning Yun.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Who are you to say that it takes a step backwards? Can you read towards the future or something? Instead of being a negative ***** like a lot of the community.. try to look at the positive aspects please. The trend of being negative is getting absurd in the community, really..
What positive aspects. Other fighting game players hate you. Smash Brothers fans hate you. Even people unaffiliated with you think it's stupid. All the talk about this ban has been calling competitive Smash stupid. And where is the community going. It got kicked out of two major tournaments only to ban a character who is strong but beatable. You'll get only more backlash now.

I can write books on this stuff and maybe I will later on.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can win more with may Day 1 Yun than my Hakan I've stuck with at release.

But then again you would have probably been one of the eventhubs posters in favour of banning Yun.
Still.. at least it's not a Yun player who won EVO, Yun does have a lot of good matchups but it's hella hard to win huge tournaments with him. He's not that overpowered... then again I play Gief so it's not so bad for me. =P

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah you're right, the only character in the game who is BETTER than Yun won EVO.

I can agree with a lot of the 2012 changes but a lot stand out as Capcom-Unity complaints. There is literally no reason Akuma got nerfed so hard and sucky characters that are only good in lag got nerfed too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
izaw stop being a scrub

scrub

also europe doesnt have a big ego we just have a perfectly developed metagame, its not your fault the USA never had someone like willz or teluoborg to megacarry your metagame to victory

willz and teluoborg: never forget
If this is true, why have I heard little to nothing of Lucario over there, yet for some reason only the US, and I guess Japan if you count 9B, are the only places where he does anything?

:phone:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Whoever balanced Tekken 6 (Harada by himself?) should be in charge of balancing every fighter released.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
If tournaments get more fair and diverse, it was.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If this is true, why have I heard little to nothing of Lucario over there, yet for some reason only the US, and I guess Japan if you count 9B, are the only places where he does anything?

:phone:
Because Mario destroys Lucario, most prominent Lucario mains opted to quit during the Uprising of Mario during 2008-2009. Marth turning out to be a true Mario counter during 2010 didn't make it much easier for Lucario to return to former glory.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What positive aspects. Other fighting game players hate you. Smash Brothers fans hate you. Even people unaffiliated with you think it's stupid. All the talk about this ban has been calling competitive Smash stupid. And where is the community going. It got kicked out of two major tournaments only to ban a character who is strong but beatable. You'll get only more backlash now.

I can write books on this stuff and maybe I will later on.
Well there's lots of reason why that is.. because we dug ourselves our own holes especially with that whole Yellow card business.. it's only been the negative that got brought out to the other fighting community. The main fault for this is obviously the players. I mean sure it's fun to be an underground tournament scene and we can do whatever the hell we want.. but it's also a lot better to be able to grow as a person and as players to show that we can do more. That means putting yourself out there and show that you care about your game.. examples as a top player, helping lower skilled players with guides, making videos.. you know these kinds of things, make blogs.. etc. You name it.

I found it really stupid when I heard that top players do not have any responsibility whatsoever and all they need to do is play the game and not care about anyone else. And obviously there's some players like that... =/ When you are in the spotlight, then everyone wants to see you do good things like being a rolemodel for them, inspire them with stuff. =P I'm not sure what else to say as examples.. lol.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Those "LOL SNAKE/FALCO/DIDDY IS NEXT" posts, wow.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's worth noting that I will never play Brawl again regardless of character bans. Brawl is slow paced garbage (in my opinion), and I very much hate it. Also, the community is filled with a bunch of ******s and boring people. No thank you.
Can I have your stuff?
BAN SNAKE CAUSE OF HITBOXES, BAN DIDDY CAUSE OF BANANAS, BAN FALCO CAUSE OF LASERS/CHAINGRAB, BAN WARIO CAUSE OF AERIAL MOBILITY.

This is how pro-banners sound.
"BAN SNAKE CAUSE OF HITBOXES, BAN DIDDY CAUSE OF BANANAS, BAN FALCO CAUSE OF LASERS/CHAINGRAB, BAN WARIO CAUSE OF AERIAL MOBILITY.

This is how pro-banners sound."

And this is how anti-banners sound.

to all the haters out there near and far...

scoreboard
Swish.

This ban was not necessary.
Depends what your goals are

Anyway, Shuttle Loop isn't necessary either

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
gambe is seriously starting to get on jebus level of arguing

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Brawl is a slow game with no combos.

I loved Bushido Blade so much.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Debating about the ban at this point is more or less pointless.

Actually it was pointless a week ago, but that's besides the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom