• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's worth noting that I will never play Brawl again regardless of character bans. Brawl is slow paced garbage (in my opinion), and I very much hate it. Also, the community is filled with a bunch of ******s and boring people. No thank you.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
BAN SNAKE CAUSE OF HITBOXES, BAN DIDDY CAUSE OF BANANAS, BAN FALCO CAUSE OF LASERS/CHAINGRAB, BAN WARIO CAUSE OF AERIAL MOBILITY.

This is how pro-banners sound.

In my honest opinion, banning mk is an error that will come back to haunt you, when you see all the top pro players leaving the game cause of this poor biased decision. Afterall if the pro players don't want him banned its cause of something, they know better than the 75% scrub community whats good for us. And what we need is to have MK back. Basically, how I see this, what you (URC) guys are saying is that either you come with us or we ditch you along the road; with the "follow my urc ruleset or your tournaments don't get advertised on smashboards/AiB".
It's like I said before: We'll lose some pros, but we'll get new ones. This has already happened throughout Brawl's 3 and a half years of life in many instances, the lack of Metaknight won't really make much of a difference, other than cause a larger bump in the road.

D

Deleted member

It's worth noting that I will never play Brawl again regardless of character bans. Brawl is slow paced garbage (in my opinion), and I very much hate it. Also, the community is filled with a bunch of ******s and boring people. No thank you.
You really didn't need to post this...quit flaming the community.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I am curious how this will effect the Brawl scene in the new year(hopefully help it).

on a side note, I found this news story today, and then thought of the MK ban......and I couldn't stop laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9a_-UKYdNs&feature=aso
It reminds me more of the LGL and other things we did in order to control MK. They at least asked the kid how he felt about it.

... We never asked Meta Knight. T_T

[Edit:] Damn it Auspher. You don't reply to Sliq. Everyone knows that. He's never wrong.
:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination. We'll begin, with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

Hold my hand Sliq. Hold it dearly.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Derp. Keeping 75% sounds better than 25% and new top player arise if your doomsday prophecy your preaching in this post happens.

There are pros who do want him banned just like there are ones that don't.

Smh at some of these posts
The thing is that the pros that don't want MK banned are the minimum but like the best of the best brawlers, the cream of the crop are all anti ban and will quit brawl for this bad timed decision. So basically, all the good things that have happened in this community for three years will go crashing down known as An Epic Brawl Era. It will be remembered but it wont last any longer than Apex 2012 mark my words, it'll be the grand finale.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Correction: it's not really worth noting. But your other points are mostly valid. :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
In my honest opinion, banning mk is an error that will come back to haunt you, when you see all the top pro players leaving the game cause of this poor biased decision. Afterall if the pro players don't want him banned its cause of something, they know better than the 75% scrub community whats good for us. And what we need is to have MK back. Basically, how I see this, what you (URC) guys are saying is that either you come with us or we ditch you along the road; with the "follow my urc ruleset or your tournaments don't get advertised on smashboards/AiB".
I hope you realize that some top players want him banned

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
It's like I said before: We'll lose some pros, but we'll get new ones. This has already happened throughout Brawl's 3 and a half years of life in many instances, the lack of Metaknight won't really make much of a difference, other than cause a larger bump in the road.
The lack of Metaknight will hurt us all in the end just cause MK was like the challenge on this game, the evil guy to beat..., Sakurai even made him his own victory song so he could laugh at us; besides he is a pretty cool guy and he doesnt afraid of anything!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I don't think it's much of a low blow, Doll. I just think that the EU players coming should be worried about the gauntlet of different characters and playstyles they'll see at APEX and continuing to improve.

It may be funny to laugh and troll the US, but they also have to see where they stand overall. That tournament is a wakeup call for a lot of competitive people the "world" over.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I don't think it's much of a low blow, Doll. I just think that the EU players coming should be worried about the gauntlet of different characters and playstyles they'll see at APEX and continuing to improve.

It may be funny to laugh and troll the US, but they also have to see where they stand overall.

I dont believe u know where they stand exactly not until you play ever single one of them which im sure u havent wouldnt be surprise if u get *****.

Not trying to put u down or anything

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
to all the haters out there near and far...

scoreboard

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I never said I knew where they stood or mentioned myself in comparison to Euro players. I'm worrying about my own performance as I think they should.

Just like me, they'll also have to worry about talented character mains the world over. I'm confused at how a statement for people to watch out for themselves turned into a personal attack when I had the most neutral comment of the bunch.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
I hope you realize that some top players want him banned
yea the minimum of the top players want him banned but you'd rather ban mk and give up all this top pro players that go into the livestreams on nationals, regionals day in and day out and entertain us livestream monsters for some low and mid tier mains who don't really go out of state to travel and compete like these top players do?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
to be perfectly clear, I wanted MK banned in doubles only

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Lots of top players use MK themselves. Of course they don't want their money-making tool to go.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Lol, is this some big joke. All I can say is

TROLOLO

I was kind of hoping that Smash would go somewhere, but every yeah it takes a step backwards. Guess there is no hope now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol, is this some big joke. All I can say is

TROLOLO

I was kind of hoping that Smash would go somewhere, but every yeah it takes a step backwards. Guess there is no hope now.
Who are you to say that it takes a step backwards? Can you read towards the future or something? Instead of being a negative ***** like a lot of the community.. try to look at the positive aspects please. The trend of being negative is getting absurd in the community, really..

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
This thread is losing it's saturated nature it had at one time.

Now it's all salt, and we know what salt absorbs.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
to be perfectly clear, I wanted MK banned in doubles only
another thing i have to get out of my chest is... okay 75% want him banned and 25% don't want mk banned. if we think this through, most of that 75% that wants him banned consist of wifi scrubs and people that just dont go out of state to nationals etc. and just plain don't contribute to the community while the 25% which is anti ban is majorly composed of those who do go to events and actually have made mk what it is today. why would i take in the opinion of those who havent done much for us? tell me please cause i can't understand.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
another thing i have to get out of my chest is... okay 75% want him banned and 25% don't want mk banned. if we think this through, most of that 75% that wants him banned consist of wifi scrubs and people that just dont go out of state to nationals etc. and just plain don't contribute to the community while the 25% which is anti ban is majorly composed of those who do go to events and actually have made mk what it is today. why would i take in the opinion of those who havent done much for us? tell me please cause i can't understand.
You think. How do you know that that 25% isn't composed mostly of scrubs?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
izaw stop being a scrub

scrub

also europe doesnt have a big ego we just have a perfectly developed metagame, its not your fault the USA never had someone like willz or teluoborg to megacarry your metagame to victory

willz and teluoborg: never forget

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
If anything, there are tons of scrubby MKs on the AiB ladder. Scrubby MKs that "main" ROB, Fox or other characters, according to their profiles.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
izaw stop being a scrub

scrub

also europe doesnt have a big ego we just have a perfectly developed metagame, its not your fault the USA never had someone like willz or teluoborg to megacarry your metagame to victory

pffffffffftttt

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
izaw stop being a scrub

scrub

It's going to be kind of hard to remember ''teluoborg'' .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom