• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
If tournaments get more fair and diverse, it was.
Umm fair maybe but diverse nahhhh, your about to see the same players winning it all with a lot of the same characters like falco, wario, marth, ice climbers etc. theres not gonna be character diversity at all, it will all still be the same the same people will win.
MK's insane priority also wasn't neccessary.
Why don't you just get better so you don't have to complain so much? It's not like MK is invincible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If this is true, why have I heard little to nothing of Lucario over there, yet for some reason only the US, and I guess Japan if you count 9B, are the only places where he does anything?

:phone:
North America is also the only place that has ANY sonics worth mentioning at a high level.
I found it really stupid when I heard that top players do not have any responsibility whatsoever and all they need to do is play the game and not care about anyone else. And obviously there's some players like that... =/ When you are in the spotlight, then everyone wants to see you do good things like being a rolemodel for them, inspire them with stuff.
this is huge.
Brawl is a slow game with no combos.
El. Oh. Elle.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I love Brawl, by the way. I just wanted to compare it to Bushido Blade. Non-traditional =/= bad.

Gambe17 said:
Umm fair maybe but diverse nahhhh, your about to see the same players winning it all with a lot of the same characters like falco, wario, marth, ice climbers etc. theres not gonna be character diversity at all, it will all still be the same the same people will win.
It'll be more diverse with all those Diddy, Snake, Falco, G&W, DDD, Pikachu, ICs, etc. running wild.

And you don't seem to realize MK was leagues above even the A-Tier characters. Do you main MK?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

Why don't you just get better so you don't have to complain so much? It's not like MK is invincible.

a lot of more characters that don't make much money now= more diverse

are you ********?

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
I love Brawl, by the way. I just wanted to compare it to Bushido Blade. Non-traditional =/= bad.

It'll be more diverse with all those Diddy, Snake, Falco, G&W, DDD, Pikachu, ICs, etc. running wild.

And you don't seem to realize MK was leagues above even the A-Tier characters. Do you main MK?
Even if it was better than the A tiers I still feel like he didn't deserve the ban, why alienate the mk mains? I secondary MK.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Why don't you stop pulling things out of your *** and get some real facts before you bring your pharisaic dribbel into the battlegrounds.

I can imagine you right now, in a war, running towards the enemy saying ''Hiyaaaaa! Die you scumbags!''. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The thing is that the pros that don't want MK banned are the minimum but like the best of the best brawlers, the cream of the crop are all anti ban and will quit brawl for this bad timed decision. So basically, all the good things that have happened in this community for three years will go crashing down known as An Epic Brawl Era. It will be remembered but it wont last any longer than Apex 2012 mark my words, it'll be the grand finale.
ADHD take the stand.

The lack of Metaknight will hurt us all in the end just cause MK was like the challenge on this game, the evil guy to beat..., Sakurai even made him his own victory song so he could laugh at us; besides he is a pretty cool guy and he doesnt afraid of anything!
Other characters are a challenge long as they have a three stocks and a moveset.

Lol, is this some big joke. All I can say is

TROLOLO

I was kind of hoping that Smash would go somewhere, but every yeah it takes a step backwards. Guess there is no hope now.
You should stay in the SSB4 thread.

LOL

What positive aspects. Other fighting game players hate you. Smash Brothers fans hate you. Even people unaffiliated with you think it's stupid. All the talk about this ban has been calling competitive Smash stupid. And where is the community going. It got kicked out of two major tournaments only to ban a character who is strong but beatable. You'll get only more backlash now.

I can write books on this stuff and maybe I will later on.
We don't care about other fighting communities.

SON, you're arguments in here are the same as the ones in SSB4 thread.

Regeneration - 7 players returning
Backlash - 3 players leaving.

Ripple probably has the better scoreboard count though.
gambe is seriously starting to get on jebus level of arguing
Watching Gambe arguing is seriously making me want to:

I agree with the above two quotes.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
No single character will replace MK, he will be replaced by Marth. And Falco, DDD, Snake, Diddy, ICs, Pikachu, etc.

If those characters suddenly become more common, OTHER characters automatically become more common. In my case, as a Jiggs main, I hope Diddy and ICs become more common. That'd be awesome.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Gambe17, are you one of those MK "secondaries" who play the first match with your "main", get owned, and then go MK on Rainbrinstar?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Whoever balanced Tekken 6 (Harada by himself?) should be in charge of balancing every fighter released.
Hahahahahahaha, no

Unless you like Bob or Law and just want to see them win every Tekken tournament for the rest of Tekken's lifespan, then no.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

SON, you're arguments in here are the same as the ones in SSB4 thread.

Regeneration - 7 players returning
Backlash - 3 players leaving.

Ripple probably has the better scoreboard count though.

I agree with the above two quotes.
I preety much laughed at this towards Chu, yeah man, it's all about the Smadh community, people try to involve other communities that are pretty much irrelevant to the situation at hand.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
@Thrillhouse-vh.: I thought you'd mention Steve. But Law? Oh well...

Could you name a recent fighter that is better balanced than the 38-characters Tekken 6, where absolute bottom tiers winning tournaments has happened? Genuine question, I'm not into a lot of fighters that could be more balanced like VF or BlazBlue.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I didn't really expect an answer.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
No single character will replace MK, he will be replaced by Marth. And Falco, DDD, Snake, Diddy, ICs, Pikachu, etc.

If those characters suddenly become more common, OTHER characters automatically become more common. In my case, as a Jiggs main, I hope Diddy and ICs become more common. That'd be awesome.
You are forgetting that MK also used to have bad MUs

Divinokage

Smash Legend
True, most likely we don't. But that means you don't really care about what's happening inside the community either since you'll just do whatever you want right? That's what it sounds like, if you want support for the game then you better start caring and try to do something. Just like for example Alex is trying to get Nintendo for Apex.. to show them that the competitive scene is super awesome. You can't **** that up, if you do then it's over for the future of the community.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Virtua Fighter 4 will always be the epitome of balance, and 5 was really good too. Unfortunately we haven't gotten 5R released over here but it's coming. I honestly think BlazBlu is not as good as people say it is and people just are impressed by it rather than actually understanding it but that's just me. EDIT: I mean in terms of admittedly casual players saying stuff like "blaze blue is teh most balanced fither eva!" not the actual quality of the games.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
@Thrillhouse-vh.: VF seems intimidating. I enjoy playing many characters, but I've heard VF is so complex you'll want to main only one character. I'm definitely buying the downloadable VF game that's coming next year.

And I honestly doubt any character will turn out to have no bad MUs simply because there's no MK anymore. But let's wait and see.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I preety much laughed at this towards Chu, yeah man, it's all about the Smadh community, people try to involve other communities that are pretty much irrelevant to the situation at hand.

I knoooowww.

Not awnsering.
I'll take that as a yes. LOL

Dat Jebus logic.

Inb4realJebuscomesinthough
^ I can't handle the original Jebus and then this new Jebus Jr. I will die.
You are forgetting that MK also used to have bad MUs
you called it
-DEAD-

True, most likely we don't. But that means you don't really care about what's happening inside the community either since you'll just do whatever you want right? That's what it sounds like, if you want support for the game then you better start caring and try to do something. Just like for example Alex is trying to get Nintendo for Apex.. to show them that the competitive scene is super awesome. You can't **** that up, if you do then it's over for the future of the community.
Don't try to read to hard into what I said. I care about this community but you don't understand how many times SmashChu brings up "Oh well the SF community thinks that Smash..." I get tired of it.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I never talk about Smash on Tekken forums. To be honest, competitive Tekken players can be idiots. I have been insulted for playing "old franchises" (Kirby) on Tekken Zaibatsu, when Kirby is only 2 years older than Tekken.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I knoooowww.

Don't try to read to hard into what I said. I care about this community but you don't understand how many times SmashChu brings up "Oh well the SF community thinks that Smash..." I get tired of it.
I'm tired of hearing this in general
those communities don't think that because of decisions we make competitively and what not they think it because they don't even consider the game to be a fighting game
because most of them don't see what we do
but the ones that see something like say a game of high level competitive melee give smash tons of respect because of how technical the game is and how no one would expect that from a "party" game
basically, most of them look at smash as the same thing as wii sports, but if wii sports turned into a magic lightsaber battle they would respect it (at least I would)

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
When people go all "BUT SMASH ISN'T A FIGHTER" I say, "okay, it's a platformer-fighter". It just can't be any other kind of game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh alright then, it's kinda hard to read people's intention on here. lol.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Meh, honestly it doesn't really matter what other communities think, let's just stop focusing on their elitist ways. I think the question here is what will happen to our community if one of the biggest factors in the meta-game is gone: will we die off, or will things become much better.

IMO I think Snake or Marth is going rise over Diddy

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Well sorry our developer doesn't design the game to be competitive. Gotta work with what we get
If the community really worked with what they had, they wouldn't have banned items and a whole bunch of other stages outright without testing. We probably wouldn't even be having this thread right now or any of the other problems we face now. To each his own I guess, this is about MK.

Aside from this though, I hope for this community's sake that something good comes out of this. Banning MK might unleash a new evil that will kill the game all together and I'm sure nobody wants that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom