• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
d3 chaingrabs marth
d3 does not chaingrab mk
I was not aware this was 08, and who DDD chaingrabbed determined 100% of his match up.

Don't get grabbed. It's the same reason why ICs aren't broken to ****. Not that hard to do, especially, you know, being Marth and actually having good approach options.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
They're dictating what they're gonna do for their own tournaments, which is perfectly fine.

Unity is only a recommendation, remember that.
If it was only a recommendation they'd advertise event's that didn't go by their rule set.

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
but that **** with mk ban was still ********, announced in the wrong time and unthoughtful (think b4 u act)
you can ban stages first, like frigate or delfino b4 you just ban a whole char
japan aint got that much trouble with mk cuz he only has 1 arguable cp

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Frankly I can't think of a better group of people who could analyze every aspect of this and reach a completely informed conclusion.
That list is missing Flutteryshy, MikeHaze, -Ran, Technical_Chase, Xyro77.

I don't think Rajam is affiliated anymore

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
except apex LOL
ya cause that happened the first two years right?

sorry i just dont think it will happen...despite people saying this every year-.-

AlphaZealot (Ohio)
Bizkit (Connecticut)
DeLux (Kansas)
M@v(Pennsylvania)
Player-1 (Georgia)
Rajam
t1mmy (Oregon)
T-block (West Canada)
Tin Man
Today (Ohio)
UTDZac (Texas)
vVv ChiboSempai
Yink (Iowa)
i'll just leave it hear and not comment.

BSP

Smash Legend
Wow this is moving so fast, my post didn't show up

I want to see if we're going to have a split or MK legal and Banned. Remember, this IS just recommended

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~

I still find it hilarious that _______________ think they have the right to dictate what's right for the future of our _________.

Let's play mad-libs and find out what kind of wacky, but true things we can find!

Masky

Smash Master
They're dictating what they're gonna do for their own tournaments, which is perfectly fine.

Unity is only a recommendation, remember that.
Except it's not.

Nationals can only be stickied on Smashboards if they follow Unity.

Regionals are only going to want to use national tournament rulesets in order to prepare for them.

Locals are going to only want to use regional rulesets to prepare for regionals.

Etc.

This is how it's always been ever since Unity began.

edit:

AlphaZealot (Ohio)
Bizkit (Connecticut)
DeLux (Kansas)
M@v(Pennsylvania)
Player-1 (Georgia)
-Ran (Colorado)
t1mmy (Oregon)
T-block (West Canada)
Tin Man (Canada)
Today (Ohio)
UTDZac (Texas)
vVv ChiboSempai
Yink (Iowa)
Flutteryshy
MikeHaze
-Ran
Technical_Chase
Xyro77
^ Completely all star AAA committee right there, very representative of the community

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I think that the ban decision on Meta Knight is a big and important step to evolving the meta game and this way meta game will have less Meta gamers and our competitiveness can grow even further beyond from our previous tournament settings and players will have more choice in their mind when making choices because they will have no Meta Knight to fight against and have to think of how to counter other characters and their meta game and strategy has to be kept in mind however some characters besides Meta Knight should be banned too.
wow that was 1 sentence! but I agree :D besides banning other characters

Saffy

Smash Ace
What's done is done. You can complain but I don't think it will change anything.

Good **** for getting Metaknight banned. This was needed a long time ago.

Brawl can ONLY improve with him gone, besides losing players who don't want to put in effort into another character and don't want to work for money. Salt.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
but really this is the most fail decision anyone has ever made in the history of videogames. the people in charge of this decision really should just go die in a ditch somewhere.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You'd think with over 415 people viewing the thread there'd be less bull****ty posts.

I still find it hilarious that 13 people(Some of which I've never heard of) think they have the right to dictate what's right for the future of our community.

San was also right with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
Either way you look at it though, I feel the URC was leagues better than the BBR recommended ruleset, would you not agree?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I still find it hilarious that ____________think they have the right to dictate what's right for the future of our _________.

Let's play mad-libs and find out what kind of wacky, but true things we can find!
This sounds more fun

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Honestly think you should of got rid of Brinstar and RC before you decided to ban MK. If he was still bad even after that then it would of warranted a ban....buuuuuut w/e

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, reason Melee and Project M players are coming here is because we're a little flabbergasted you went through with it. Because some of us (me included) dislike Brawl doesn't mean we can't respect a smart decision ^^.

I'm sure that wasn't an easy one to take.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Honestly think you should of got rid of Brinstar and RC before you decided to ban MK. If he was still bad even after that then it would of warranted a ban....buuuuuut w/e
You're crazy. The main reason people despise though stage was BECAUSE of him. He's gone now.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by Atomsk_92
If it was only a recommendation they'd advertise event's that didn't go by their rule set.

It's a monopoly and they have the community in a hold.
I keep saying it, it's the God damn Empire in here. Alpha is Palpatine, and feel free to name your own Vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom