• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wouldn't say american mk's are overrated gheb, I know for a fact they're better than european mk's.
One doesn't exclude the other. If americans claim that their MKs are naturally the best ones then they're overrated - you actually kinda make that point yourself just now.

:059:

Nasu

Smash Rookie
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 335 (162 members and 173 guests).
Relevant because this shows how important the topic is.

Like I said before, mods are gonna be moderating this thread strictly given the circumstances of this topic. Posts like these are irrelevant to MK, banning, and the URC, so refrain from making them, unless you want to get infracted.
^this post is not relevant to the topic. Smashboard mods are just power hungry lol.

I support the ban of Meta Knight.

ArleX

Smash Cadet
Oh you gringos are really bad players. With 3-4 punches my BOWSER eats mks.
Also the best mexican players don´t main it (the best one is a wario, 2 a DDD, 3 a snake)

pd: "america" is a continent, so don´t include México and other countries in your ruleset, comments, etc.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So they need to face american players to become valid threats? THE WORLD DOESN'T ROTATE AROUND THE USA, BELIEVE IT OR NOT. How many times must they beat the likes of Brood and Rain [his Falco, not his MK] until you guys understand that they are no worse than american MKs?

:059:
Um...

I'm just gunna... walk away from this... With the same attitude I held before.. Just to spite your ill behavior.

I honestly respect your admiration of Japan players and stuff, and I like how you defend them so much. But I really could care less. I'm never going to be able to travel to Japan, and if that was my interest, maybe I would be a little more open to discussion and take your word for advice rather than opinion.

Because the last thing I'd want to do is go to Japan unprepared.

But really, I just have an opinion, and my opinion from what I've seen is that MKs in America are clearly accomplishing more at higher stakes than MKs in Japan are at the moment. I don't know what it means that Rain gets beat by Otori or whoever so many times during the year at Japan. I don't know them that well. You can say the same for them. How closely do they watch or defend our players?

No, Rain's MK is the only one to fight american players. Even with that, he still took out Mikehaze after losing his 1st stock ridiculously early game 1, and brought Gnes to last hit after SDing at 60%. His MK is good at his good MUs and when he's playing good, his MK is REALLY inconsistent.
I wonder why he went MK again then... Even Falco woulda done a better job against my wario since he knows the mu with falco more than he did with MK...even on brinstar.

What even are you asking? I don't think the players of Japan or Europe magically have far more money to go traveling internationally with than the US, and yet so far there've been way more players from outside the US coming here than the other way around. So, no, the best players in Japan likely have not yet played against Americans.
In three years, you're telling me...
1.) Way more players comin to US than US goin out.
2.) Yet Japan have likely not played against Americans.

You guys answered it, fine by me. Americans just don't vs. Japanese players enough to seriously compare them, but since my only experience with a japanese player has been Filip, Earth, and Rain, (with Filip actually living in the states at the time)... I am likely to have a more informed opinion than someone who has never faced one of them in their life but just sit there at the computer eagerly watching and frothing at the mouth at their skill and omg how they beat such and such player in their own country...

So this thread is slowing down, anyone wanna help me picking up the pace?
Wut.

Chuee

Smash Hero
LOL WHEN DID i HAVE TROUBLE WITH HIM? ***** U SHOULD SEE ME PLAY OLIMARS MORE ive seen nietono play b4 im not scared of him
Uh, you played him a few weeks ago and you barely managed to gimp him game 2.
and just for comparison Nietono is much better than US Olimars.

-Ran

Smash Master
Also the best mexican players don´t main it (the best one is a wario, 2 a DDD, 3 a snake)

pd: "america" is a continent, so don´t include México and other countries in your ruleset, comments, etc.
We state multiple times in both the announcement and in the Rules that Unity is chiefly ran in the US and Canada.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In three years, you're telling me...
1.) Way more players comin to US than US goin out.
2.) Yet Japan have likely not played against Americans.

You guys answered it, fine by me. Americans just don't vs. Japanese players enough to seriously compare them, but since my only experience with a japanese player has been Filip, Earth, and Rain, (with Filip actually living in the states at the time)... I am likely to have a more informed opinion than someone who has never faced one of them in their life but just sit there at the computer eagerly watching and frothing at the mouth at their skill and omg how they beat such and such player in their own country...
Hi, I was at Genesis 2. Earth and Rain are cool guys. Let's not continue to encourage throwing insults back and forth about who knows more about Japan's Smash players, please.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Very interesting. I hope this decision makes the community and the tournament scene bigger and better. Thanks for not banning MK before Apex 2012, that would have been really bad for the international players (like me).

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Doesn't change the fact that some MK players who are actually good at the OLIMAR MU beat Brood pretty badly. Doesn't matter how much better Nientono is, if he meets up with certain players you know who actually play the Olimar MU right there going to win

napZzz

Smash Hero
thats the thing about this new metagame, the tier list is gonna be like flipped on its head. diddy and snake are 2nd and 3rd mainly because they did good against mk, who knows who'll be top now

snake/diddy/falco/marth top4? idk
marth/diddy/falco/snake/ic's/wario

new A tier list in order

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
75% vote for the ban, it happens then everyone ****s their pants

HELP
Vocal minority loses the result. Of course they're ****ting their pants.

Imagine the ****-storm if he was still legal! Riots in the streets!

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Uh, you played him a few weeks ago and you barely managed to gimp him game 2.
and just for comparison Nietono is much better than US Olimars.
it wasnt barely thas how u normally do it lol idgaf if nietono is better than the US olimars i aint worried to fight him ride his **** more :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if nairo lost to logic's olimar i would of **** myself

only cause i think nairo is a great mk player

anyways this is now just becoming boring so i will go :(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Tier list stuffs...

D3 will stay about the same. He still loses to like 5 other top tiers.
TL will probably go up since, although he does have a few disadvantaged MUs, MK was a major one.
Diddy will go down because the mid tiers that he has trouble with (not saying they beat him, but trouble with) will be played more due to the fact that MK is gone. MK shuts down almost every mid tier...so those will surge up in popularity.
Marth becomes amazing, but he still loses 2-3 MUs I think (diddy, ICs maybe, D3)

But mostly, I feel like the game becomes more fun and more about CPing and not just opting out of the CP game with MK because he doesn't get CP'd in stage OR character.

Leffen and Hungrybox confirmed for playing Brawl again.

Tommy with the real talk.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
you're ****ing stupid
Marth's got some good **** yo.

When Marth starts evolving at the speed MK did, and D3 stays his normal stagnant ****, that MU is going even.

It's like Jiggly vs Ganon in Melee, sure Ganon has the definite advantage there, but then you get **** like this where, even against freaking Kage, HBox just brought it to a whole other level.

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
NO NO WAY

Why dont americans restrict ****ing stages?
before banning Character which restricts the players' action , you should ban stages whitch are TOO GOOD for MK
Current rulesets have advantages for Mk players too much, so you should change rulesets.

I
this is what I said when luigi player and gheb were at my house playing today

Chuee

Smash Hero
I wonder why he went MK again then... Even Falco woulda done a better job against my wario since he knows the mu with falco more than he did with MK...even on brinstar.
because MK is much better on brinstar than Falco. He never goes Falco on those stages.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

you guys know **** is real when even mexico is laughing at you

:awesome:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd like to go ahead and say it:

Overswarm was right again

Next time just listen to me from the beginning and save your time =P

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though this will stop scrubs from going to metaknight and put more effort into their gameplay.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Marth's got some good **** yo.

When Marth starts evolving at the speed MK did, and D3 stays his normal stagnant ****, that MU is going even.

It's like Jiggly vs Ganon in Melee, sure Ganon has the definite advantage there, but then you get **** like this where, even against freaking Kage, HBox just brought it to a whole other level.
you're ****ing stupid

Tier list stuffs...

D3 will stay about the same. He still loses to like 5 other top tiers.
TL will probably go up since, although he does have a few disadvantaged MUs, MK was a major one.
Diddy will go down because the mid tiers that he has trouble with (not saying they beat him, but trouble with) will be played more due to the fact that MK is gone. MK shuts down almost every mid tier...so those will surge up in popularity.
Marth becomes amazing, but he still loses 2-3 MUs I think (diddy, ICs maybe, D3)

But mostly, I feel like the game becomes more fun and more about CPing and not just opting out of the CP game with MK because he doesn't get CP'd in stage OR character.

Leffen and Hungrybox confirmed for playing Brawl again.

Tommy with the real talk.
you're ****ing smart

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'd like to go ahead and say it:

Overswarm was right again

Next time just listen to me from the beginning and save your time =P
Lolz you're funny.

MK doesn't deserve a ban.

You people are just too stupid to learn how to play against him and the smart people realized smash isn't a good way to spend your money with all of the tournament pot ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom