• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Um, I never said Japan, I watch basically all the Japanese videos. I follow all of their results. Saying their MKs sucks is completely stupid and arrogant.
Also agreeing with Gheb, can't wait to see america get ***** by Nietono.

Didnt we say that last year about Japan...and Brood ended up destroying people?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
for everyone suggesting "JUST BAN RC/BRINSTAR"

this is exactly WHY mk is ban worthy, just to keep him in the game, we ban stuff and limit things which have an effect on matchups that dont even involve mk directly.

lgl = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitrary nerf for just about every mid tier + marth
anti scrooging rules = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitrary nerf for pit/jiggz
banning rc/brinstar = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitary nerf for gaw/wario/d3/etc

if the "IDC" was the only broken thing mk had, i would say just keep him but its getting out of hand now. good job with the ban

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
IMO I know the URC group and I feel, though the right idea to help is good, I feel that the TOs in that backroom are mostly way too inexperienced to make decisions about this game.

if they are too inexperienced who should make decisions?

AZ only?

are you implying only you should? or perhaps you and AZ?

AZ is far over qualified

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also

Inb4 Marth ban

Marth ***** everyone just as hard as MK did, if not harder.

He just loses to MK.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Um, I never said Japan, I watch basically all the Japanese videos. I follow all of their results. Saying their MKs sucks is completely stupid and arrogant.
Also agreeing with Gheb, can't wait to see america get ***** by Nietono.
Kay

I played one of their best MKs. If that's all they had to offer then.. I dunno what to say really.

What other Mks should I be following/waiting on tips and toes for? Like srsly?

for everyone suggesting "JUST BAN RC/BRINSTAR"

this is exactly WHY mk is ban worthy, just to keep him in the game, we ban stuff and limit things which have an effect on matchups that dont even involve mk directly.

lgl = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitrary nerf for just about every mid tier + marth
anti scrooging rules = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitrary nerf for pit/jiggz
banning rc/brinstar = arbitrary buff for falco/ics, arbitary nerf for gaw/wario/d3/etc

if the "IDC" was the only broken thing mk had, i would say just keep him but its getting out of hand now. good job with the ban
I agree with this, and other people should too.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm not a Brawl player, but I took a look at his files a bit while hacking it, and honestly, I don't want to provoke a single person here, and please don't take this as a troll, but to me,t hat just shows how poorly balanced Brawl is. I don't think the commitee made a bad choice, but I am just saddened that Brawl's balancing act created a situation where this had to happen.

We'll balance him real well in Project M, so Metaknight players might want to check him out. Still, I may not be a Brawler, but this kind of thing isn't unprecedented and bans have happened in other fighting games. I get where they are going.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
> Best american MK loses to 2nd best Olimar in japan
> 2nd best MK comes to EU but opts to *not* go MK against Ramin because he loses in seriouslies.

YEAH INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT 'EM US MKS.

Krystedez, Rain is nowhere near one of their best MK players.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Guys, cool it with the trolling.

Keep it civil like Red Ryu already stated.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Wow Smash community, takes almost four years to implement such a game-altering change in the competitive scene. Either do it early or don't do it at all.

This community is now even further doomed. GJ guys.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Kay

I played one of their best MKs. If that's all they had to offer then.. I dunno what to say really.

What other Mks should I be following/waiting on tips and toes for? Like srsly?
Yeah, Rain isn't their best MK. and even with that, idk if he did against you, but he SDed just about every time he used MK.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if they are too inexperienced who should make decisions?

AZ only?

are you implying only you should? or perhaps you and AZ?

AZ is far over qualified

I never said AZ was not qualified but ony that most of the people in the group are not.

AZ does a lot for the community but also look at the people involved in the URC and tell me why some of them are there besides being TOs.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krystedez, Rain is nowhere near one of their best MK players.

Then enlighten me, instead of you or Chuee thinking I'm arrogant or something. Honestly. All I said was what I heard. I heard rain was good and such, and that he was just playing around in pools and such and was still ******. He gets to me and I'm like... dude. His falco !@#$s all over me compared to his MK.

Names, videos, etc...

Like it matters anymore...

But what I think, from what Mks Ive played here, I don't think an MK could get any better.

Also, you're using a japanese olimar against M2K, who is widely known for losing to unknown mus. I don't think he'd lose again after that now.

But we'll never know :awesome:

Unless M2k goes to japan while MK is legal.

@Chuee, he didn't SD at all. :\

Orion*

Smash Researcher
The URC has taken into account many things
If it wasn't for the fact that you had so many leaks this would be believable LMAO

user created data/charts that have kept tabs on the prevalence of Meta Knight at the over 500 tournaments held yearly.
Data that wasn't analyzed
(IDC about it even being double checked despite me even noticing a mistake and having to tell salt#s to change it)

Can't wait to see ADHD win 95% of the rest of brawl's nationals.
This

Why do I feel like nothing will really change xD I think there will just be more high tiers but thats it.
This

Right decision made for mostly incorrect reasons and announced at a poor time by an extremely biased committee.
THIS I LOVE YOU
lol@this community
if this backfires is there going to be an unban?

lol even more at this community if it backfires.
This

Not the players.
Chill. We have scrubby players

Also, post data, charts, etc, if not also complete (If name-removed) logs of any debates you may have had.

I doubt there was actually much discussion.
Thisss

NO NO WAY

Why dont americans restrict ****ing stages?
before banning Character which restricts the players' action , you should ban stages whitch are TOO GOOD for MK
Current rulesets have advantages for Mk players too much, so you should change rulesets.

I talk about this at twitter, MANY Japanese players agreed my opinion.

no way
THIS

I guess we'll soon find out who the truly talented ones were.
,.... wondering the same.. XD

Metaknight is amazing on all the stages. Less stages would harm other characters more than it would harm Metaknight.
Data that proves this?
The regions that have conservative stage lists dont have these problems. That's currently all there is. 1-2 tournaments every blue moon isnt going to change much though.

A character in a fighter should only be banned if the quality of the fighting game is so high that the game is worth saving.

Brawl is not one of those games.
LOOOOOOL

I died

Seriously we all know that American M2Ks MK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese Mk's
Can't wait for cocky americans to get their dumb ***** ***** by Nietono.

This

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Wow Smash community, takes almost four years to implement such a game-altering change in the competitive scene. Either do it early or don't do it at all.

This community is now even further doomed. GJ guys.
This game still has a minimum of 2 years left and longer after Brawl Wii U

Honestly if people don't like it, don't run Unity...that simple

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Then enlighten me, instead of you or Chuee thinking I'm arrogant or something. Honestly. All I said was what I heard. I heard rain was good and such, and that he was just playing around in pools and such and was still ******. He gets to me and I'm like... dude. His falco !@#$s all over me compared to his MK.

Names, videos, etc...
The best MKs in Japan in no order are Otori, Kakera, Eru, Akira, Shikkoku. Rain's Falco is a hundred times better than his MK and ever since he decided to main MK he never even managed to get top 10 in Japan.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Names, videos, etc...

But what I think, from what Mks Ive played here, I don't think an MK could get any better.

Also, you're using a japanese olimar against M2K, who is widely known for losing to unknown mus. I don't think he'd lose again after that now.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310829
Kakera is likely the best MK player in Japan right now, though he mostly uses Ice Climbers.

Calling Rain "one of their best" is roughly equivalent to the hype Bombsoldier had as a top Japan player when he got brought over for OC3.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Disregarding the MK ban,

URC IS COMPRISED OF ****-BRAINED IDIOTS AND BEING A HOST DOESN'T MAKE YOU SMART.

Chuee

Smash Hero

Names, videos, etc...

Well, Japan's best MKs are El, Kakera, and Otori.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The best MKs in Japan in no order are Otori, Kakera, Eru, Akira, Shikkoku. Rain's Falco is a hundred times better than his MK and ever since he decided to main MK he never even managed to get top 10 in Japan.

Well, what were they doing for three years? Thats what I want to know. Did they face any American players?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@AZ: What tourneys you host has absolutely no correlation with your ability to correctly balance a game. If you actually think it does you're absolutely stupid.
It does have something to do with my ability to ban Meta Knight at tournaments I run, at the same time a large number of other TO's who also frequently run tournaments do the same exact thing.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back*

We lettin' Meta stay
HEY
Alotta brawlers dunno how to play
HEY
You think he's broken but there's just no way
HEY
So **** your **** cause America is gay
YEA

Bring it back now
META KNIIIGHT
You see these matchups - we rock them all night

cba to go on

Lovage

Smash Hero
really don't want to want to sound like a troll, but i really gotta say what's on my mind right now

brawl is a ****ing joke LOL

Zodiac

Smash Master
Hey, this means the game will be interesting to watch again yay!

Also, lovage, I think you hate on it too much, yea its not as good as melee but its still fun.

D

Deleted member

Knock it off, guys.

Flames and censor dodging will especially not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom