• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I got infracted for saying my grammar is godlike...after seeing someone quote a post of mine where I said something wrong. Love SmashBoards.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Posting anything irrelevant to the ban results in infractions. That's why.

Personally i was fine w/it either way...cuz i can always just do the ditto...

And no diddy/snake AREN'T going to dominate. Whether or not the game gained competitive depth...idk

But I DO KNOW it gained strategic depth from mk being banned.

Atrey

Smash Rookie
I only watch Smash tournaments but play competitively in FGs in the east coast. For the people who constantly wonder why the FG scene seems to hate Smash in general is pretty much being exposed here.

The mere fact that people are defending a character that needed rules for himself just to stay legal would never, and I mean ever, be accepted as a legit fighting game. FG timelines pretty much show that;we've never had a game in EVO or in Tougeki that required such rules for one person, let alone have it be necessary just to keep the game somewhat balanced. And if we ever did, the scene quickly died out in terms of trying to keep mainstream with anything else.

You seriously think anyone would play AE if Yun was limited to 3 palm strikes per round or you were forced to drop your genei-jin combo halfway through? Or CVS2 Sagat couldn't do more than 5 crouching fierce/HP per match? Hell no. They are broken, but it was never to the point where we needed to literally devise rules for one damn character. It would never work.

So from the standpoint of the FG scene, or at least just my perspective, we really can't take a game where a scene so vehemently defends a character so dominant so seriously.

BUT, what I think a lot of us on the outside pray for with this new change is that the metagame for every other character will definitely change. I expect to see some new technology now that MK players can use their talents on other characters. I'm not here to bash on the community; the way you guys play are incredible. But honestly, while I do believe in the old school "just play it as it is" mentality, the fact that MK was so broken it needed its own rules speaks for itself.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Aww yeah maining a character that can now safely chaingrab snake and ddd yesss

dont give a damn bout your other ****ty top tiers

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
Is it really that bad? You could maybe put this in a test phase no? xD

I've nothing against it personally haha.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
lol anyone who is happy with this sucks **** at this game mk isnt even that good, you just suck at avoiding nado and not getting planked.
*******ery as always; never change.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Is that the best you could come up with?

Also I'm not dating him anymore, and calling me a weeaboo isn't insulting me btw.

Try again bro?
YO I HEARD U IS A WEEABO AND SUCK AT BRAWL. CONFIRM OR DENY?

lol

:dazwa:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Wow MetaKnight was the only character Melee fans and players liked in the game because of his priority.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
woooooooooooow.....but who knows it might be better

Cassio

Smash Master
For me it was a combination of the following for why I voted for the ban:
-Meta Knight being used by almost 20% of players and this number continually increased (projected for 35% of all players by next year)
-Meta Knight winning upwards of 40-50% of all money in a given week
-Meta Knight requiring multiple rules JUST to keep him legal. More and more people wanting EVERYTHING ELSE BANNED except for MK, just to keep MK legal
-The community being overwhelmingly for the ban since about 18 months ago, with polls 18 months ago at over 60% in favor to more recent polls being over 75% in favor of the ban
-Meta Knight IS broken. He has zero bad match ups on any stage and when played correctly (aka air camp or planking but we basically banned/limited planking) no one should touch him.
What a painful read. I was hoping hed have been banned for good reasons. Alas, at least anti-ban can have a final laugh with such poor reasoning and emotional pleads.

D

Deleted member

The quality of the posting in this thread is atrocious. I expected more from you guys. :(

Can we PLEASE calm down a little?

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
Someone explain this to me.

"Meta Knight is banned in both Singles and Doubles (optional until January 9th, 2012, after which is mandatory)"

"In the event of running a Meta Knight Legal event, the following must be used:
  1. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  2. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight.
  3. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight."
So is Unity a recommendation? Or the law now? Or did I misread this. Cause he can't be legal in a Unity tourney, but in a non Unity tourney, they're gonna dictate the rules?

If I read this right, Unity isn't a recommendation.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol@Ban D3 instead! That's what I said!

lol @ change the stage list. Are people only going to play on YI:B from now on? that's the only stage MK isn't "broken" on.

tbh I voted against the ban, this thread is pretty lulzy, but what can ya do.

Also, how is Auspher not a mod yet?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

"Meta Knight is banned in both Singles and Doubles (optional until January 9th, 2012, after which is mandatory)"

So is Unity a recommendation? Or the law now? Or did I misread this. Cause he can't be legal in a Unity tourney, but in a non Unity tourney, they're gonna dictate the rules?

Those rules are the recommended rules for MK if a Unity Tournament decides to run a MK allowed tournament prior to Jan 9th.

BSP

Smash Legend
This is still recommended

You can have MK legal

TBH I kinda want people to so we can see if attendance stays up

-Ran

Smash Master

Running an MK event is optional until after Apex, thus we left the MK specific rules as clauses that are enabled if you're running a Unity MK Event.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

The rule stats the ban is optional until 9 Jan. The MK Legal rules helps regulate gameplay under unity if a TO elects not to ban MK under their optional discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom