• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow... a smash ban. This is insane, but it was inevitable. It probably would not have happened if there was a pool of N characters dominating the top like there were in Melee, but a lone wolf causes a meta black hole. I approve. :)

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
Those rules are the recommended rules for MK if a Unity Tournament decides to run a MK allowed tournament prior to Jan 9th.
"In the event of running a Meta Knight Legal event, the following MUST be used:

Reread it, that's not a recommendation, that's a demand

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The whole ruleset is a recommendation, if you are to follow the Unity Ruleset AND use metaknight then you MUST include those rules for it to be considered Unite Ruleset/

Ghostbone

Smash Master
"In the event of running a Meta Knight Legal event, the following MUST be used:

Reread it, that's not a recommendation, that's a demand
That's because the MK ban is optional for now, so someone can either run a MK legal Unity event, or MK banned unity event.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
So what if a tournament organizer decides to apply the Unity Ruleset after January ninth and allows Meta Knight's use during their events?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I wonder after apex if the mk boards will still be active? o wait he can stilll be used in friendlies

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I guess we can give up on Brawl then.

Time for everyone to move to Melee/Project M.

Sirlin said a lot of wrong things. One of them, however, isn't wrong. A character in a fighter should only be banned if the quality of the fighting game is so high that the game is worth saving.

Brawl is not one of those games.
NEG REPPPPPPPPP Y U NO WORK

I thought noobs in the melee community were bad, but the Brawl community sets new standards.

Is that the best you could come up with?

Also I'm not dating him anymore, and calling me a weeaboo isn't insulting me btw.

Try again bro?
lol

And moderators spamming censorship as much as possible....god, american community is so liberal and silly.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
YyYYYyyyyyEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEeEEEEEEssssSsSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssSsSsssSSS!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:phone:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Like I said I think the game has , depth wise, not much to offer cause of its simplicity. I think forcing people is not always going to work. It makes things a lot worst. That is just beyond the MK ban thing though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the game has tons to offer because of its simplicity.
if you can't even understand that then you're terribly unqualified to make a decision regarding the mk ban yourself...

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
People shouldnt be complaining about this. He is still playable in friendlys and mm

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
TO's can DQ you if you're found using MK, or I would assume thats the action taht would be taken.

so yes

The Brawl Police

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the game has tons to offer because of its simplicity.
if you can't even understand that then you're terribly unqualified to make a decision regarding the mk ban yourself...

It is easy to pick up but I am talking about advancing the metagame. We may find a few new things but other than match-ups being fleshed out ( if we are lucky ) not much can happen.

I never said I was qualified stingers I just disagree with the ban. Ultimately it is not up to me but I feel like I should question everything that we do cause we need to be better in general.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who is going to stop them from doing whatever they want? The Brawl police? lol

This community and game is far too un-sanctioned for anything to really official to happen lol
The Unity Ruleset is the Unity Ruleset. You don't have to use it, just like how you don't have to run an 8 minute timer or allow Brinstar. The only big deal is on standardization of rules around the country, which is something URC is attempting to achieve.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alex Strife said:
Like I said I think the game has , depth wise, not much to offer cause of its simplicity. I think forcing people is not always going to work. It makes things a lot worst. That is just beyond the MK ban thing though.
Sometimes Strife I wonder if you play Brawl. This is a short sighted comment.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
You'd think with over 415 people viewing the thread there'd be less bull****ty posts.

I still find it hilarious that 13 people(Some of which I've never heard of) think they have the right to dictate what's right for the future of our community.

San was also right with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
Uh oh! You're going to be a random again! :awesome:

And you're hating way too much on the URC. T-Block on there is pretty legit, he almost beat me this one time! :D

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It is easy to pick up but I am talking about advancing the metagame. We may find a few new things but other than match-ups being fleshed out ( if we are lucky ) not much can happen.

I never said I was qualified stingers I just disagree with the ban. Ultimately it is not up to me but I feel like I should question everything that we do cause we need to be better in general.
but that's just not true.
for example just yesterday I found a new way to use ROBs bair out of up-b that helps me be safer on shields while approaching.

the only limits you'll find are the ones you set for yourself. brawl is not so simplistic a game that we've already found out everything, don't be so vain...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I know this is a separate discussion, but the brawl players posting melee videos of brilliant unorthodox defensive play are kind of missing the point entirely

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Oh

yeah I know its just a recommended ruleset

their tournament can't be stuck, thats about hte only repercussion of not having a Unity Ruleset tournament.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I know this is a separate discussion, but the brawl players posting melee videos of brilliant unorthodox defensive play are kind of missing the point entirely
that^

videokilledtheradiostar

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839