• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I wanna point out a few things, the first being that there's no way to be certain of the effect this will actually have. Regardless of whether or not it's positive though, it will certainly be interesting and a valuable experience for the community. This is why I think the people going and saying they know this is gonna suck are rather silly.

Furthermore there were some poor arguments from Ghebs side earlier on regarding how american Metaknight's measure up against those from the other scenes. The point was made that MK should not be banned because he doesn't dominate the other scenes in the same way as he does the American.

These argument fail because of two reasons:

1. A few players travelling and playing briefly in other scenes does not provide us with enough knownledge to judge how they measure up to one another. The whole subject is pointless to use as an argument because it is purely speculative.

2. The fact that MK might not dominate other scenes doesn't matter for the US metagame. Why base your own rules on the metagames of other scenes with which there is barely any interaction? Seriously, out of the total games played by US players how many % were against europeans or japanese? Why decide rules upon a nonexistant number?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Fighting games don't utilize stages, god ****ing damn it.
wow you are a genius. Maybe you should check out other fighting games before coming to that conclusion. Virtual Fighter maybe? Smaller stages where you get to the corner sooner? There are differences, but they are negligible. I am stating why so. I also said Smash is unique in that sense but ultimately it should be about opponent x vs opponent y more than anything.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yea they do

They're just all the same :troll:

Doesn't Soul Calibur have a few slightly different stages?
Yes it has, Tekken too.

But its not as much as in Brawl I think, at least in Tekken.

In SC stages can make a big difference I think (Fall off or not - thats comparable to Walk off I think)

Okuser

Smash Ace
Posting in a historic thread

I'm so happy that metaknight got banned... always wanted to switch mains to snake, now I have to!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The fact that you were comparing stages between the games means that you're ********.

There is no other way that I can express myself about this. I play multiple fighting games from 2D to 3D and your comment has made me react very similarly to me reading anything from SavemeJebus. You are inane.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The ones I know ( Mike Haze / Tryant / and a few others ) disagree with it unless they post here otherwise

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Like I said, it doesn't change the matchups in anyway. Scrub players are still going to lose, I don't know why people get so happy expecting to win all of a sudden?

GOTM

Smash Champion
lol. i always thought you guys shoulda just played the game with the chars it had in it. if everyone used MK, w/e, thats the game you guys chose to play. play melee if it was really that bad, lol

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
The fact that you were comparing stages between the games means that you're ********.
You can compare anything. That statement really makes no sense. And as someone already said in SC it makes a big difference in some cases. Again if you dont know about other fighters dont state things you dont know. And finally i said im making this comparison because im stating that its status quo that the stage should impede on the situations x vs y are making. You arent even getting my point.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Could any URC member, tell me, why Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are still counterpicks? I would love to know the reasoning behind this :).

Off-Topic (Sorry):

Do you know the Fox player Dark. I see that your from Chile.
Dark used to live in the North End of Chile, in Arica (now he lives in Valparaiso for College I believe, and he doesn't play that much Melee anymore because of college, and he doesn't attend tournaments as well). Pretty much nobody knows Dark in real life, besides the players of the North end of Chile (Ghost, Star, Zant, etc.).

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well I don't play Brawl, was jw if characters will be considered 'better' without MK as a counter

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The Tier will be rearrange. Now that MK is gone Diddy and Snake will be focused on for spot #1

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, it doesn't change the matchups in anyway. Scrub players are still going to lose, I don't know why people get so happy expecting to win all of a sudden?
it has a minor effect, on some characters (like d3, ics and some fattys who just get ***** by tornado)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I remember someone comparing 64 Pikachu and Brawl MK in this thread, saying that Pikachu is not even as close to being as broken as MK in Brawl.

Let me say this to all those of you who might think the same: if smash 64 had a big competitive scene, people would be CRYING about Pikachu ALL THE TIME.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I remember someone comparing 64 Pikachu and Brawl MK in this thread, saying that Pikachu is not even as close to being as broken as MK in Brawl.

Let me say this to all those of you who might think the same: if smash 64 had a big competitive scene, people would be CRYING about Pikachu ALL THE TIME.
No they wouldn't because when you combo Pikachu, he dies. Just like everyone else.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
@ghostbone: I definitely feel Brinstar's lava impedes on people. Especially because its been showcased its fairly arbitrary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom