• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Its better than banning him and losing great players.
Eh, I don't really buy this. There will always be good players coming and going. A mass exodus of all the MK mains would actually be fairly invigorating. I know some of the most exciting tournaments for the midwest middle level players when the game first started were the tournaments were Cincinnati and Michigan didn't show up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Eh, I don't really buy this. There will always be good players coming and going. A mass exodus of all the MK mains would actually be fairly invigorating. I know some of the most exciting tournaments for the midwest middle level players when the game first started were the tournaments were Cincinnati and Michigan didn't show up.
and when overswarm mained ROB :(

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
the thing i find dumb about all of this is how late it happened. i mean, way to **** over every mk main who has been playing him from the start. if he had been banned immediately im sure there wouldnt be this much **** thrown around

that being said, i dont have anything constructive to say

just that this whole unity situation is pretty dumb.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the thing i find dumb about all of this is how late it happened. i mean, way to **** over every mk main who has been playing him from the start. if he had been banned immediately im sure there wouldnt be this much **** thrown around

that being said, i dont have anything constructive to say

just that this whole unity situation is pretty dumb.
are you implying people never got better and MK has always been this huge of a problem?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Meta Knight's always been a problem.
People DID get better though. :applejack:
not this big of one though. not always.

and technically, it looks like people got worse at the MK match up going by charts and data from the last MK ban discussion

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You were abusing things people said were broken two years ago and still weren't winning?

This speaks volumes!
?

I did win. A lot. I quit my job to live off of Brawl later that year and did so. I don't recall if I won that tournament or not; I think I did, but I might have gotten second to Anther. We played a lot at that venue and had a lot of close sets. I think that was my first official "Only MK tourney", now that I think about it. Don't remember. Don't care enough to find out.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
Well, Snake was higher with MK than we will be without him for 2 reasons:

1) Relatively good MK mu
2) MK takes out his worst mus

With MK gone, Snake's MK mu becomes irrelevant, and his worst mus should see a rise in usage. I personally think that since much of the tier list was based on MK, it will see some very interesting changes next time around...

Of course, the starter list affects the tier list, too (perhaps unfairly)... maybe we should do something about that next?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
?

I did win. A lot. I quit my job to live off of Brawl later that year and did so. I don't recall if I won that tournament or not; I think I did, but I might have gotten second to Anther. We played a lot at that venue and had a lot of close sets. I think that was my first official "Only MK tourney", now that I think about it. Don't remember. Don't care enough to find out.
If you were winning majors and continuing to do so, I doubt you would have stopped entering events.

tekkie

Smash Master
now that olimar/DDD are more playable snake might go down on the tier list. falco, diddy, and marth are probably top 3 with ICs/wario/olimar close behind.

just a guess.

in before anti-ban thinks the pro-ban are going to ask that those six characters all get banned :awesome:

-Ran

Smash Master
Depends really. Sometimes your real life situation changes to where spending an entire weekend at a Brawl tournament is a loss of money compared to what you make at your normal job. Unless of course, you're winning a national. Let's say you're at a 40 man tournament and due to the various events, it'll take around 8 hours to complete. You win, so you've made 250 USD in eight hours. That's $31 an hour, not bad, right?

Well, now you factor in the travel time of upwards to two to eight hours round trip. So now you've invested thirteen hours of your day into the event. You're down to $19 an hour, before gas and food for the day. This isn't counting all of the expenses of going to Smash fests and the time you spend preparing to remain at the top of your area. Smash is rarely worth the money, unless you're a dominant player winning in a weak region due to the time previously invested. For many of us, Smash is something we're doing while building up our credentials in the work force. Eventually, taking off the weekend to go to an event isn't worth it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why does everyone love ponies?

Like for real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom