• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Livestreams

Composeur

Smash Ace
Isn't there supposed to be a livestream today for C.E.O. 2010 in Florida, with PP, HBox, and Darkrain in attendance? Any clue, anyone?

idea

Smash Master
justin.tv/magicsauc3

livestream tomorrow (June 12th) for a canadian tournament hosted by Kirbykaze. also featuring I.B., RaynEX, Unknown522, and a bunch of people you haven't heard of =P

i dunno when exactly it's going to start, but the tournament itself starts at 11:00 AM. don't ask me how much earlier that would be on west coast <_<

Composeur

Smash Ace
Is this thread decrepit? I haven't seen an update to the first page in forever, and I keep missing tournament livestreams. =/

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
*Looks at first posts for the first time since the thread was created*

Does the map have to be that wide? The forum sucks by needlessly stretching every post on that page to the same width.
Oh, and I seriously can't read that American m/d/y date format (with only numbers), especially when it's used in like 3 different variations in the same post =)

Anyway, there will be a Melee livestream next monday.
It's a side event on a 10k people LAN party, so it's more about recruiting new players than having good players.
Saturday = teams
Sunday = "ama-tour" singles
Monday = pro singles

I still haven't tested my new recording computer yet, so I will probably not get the stream working on Saturday, and on Sunday I guess nobody cares.
I have no idea who will play in the pro tournament. I'll post again when I know more.
edit: Armada will be there (pretty obvious really, being able to show all newcomers how the game is played =)). Don't think any more info will come until I'm actually there on Saturday.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. I'd be interested to hear how Armada explains the game to newbies, actually. And thanks, both Ballistics and AJP. :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Uh, problems...
1. VirtualDub and custom-built graps are the only things that can connect to my capture cards. Never happened before...
2. justin.tv won't display my stream.

What I usually do is use graph-Avisynth-ffmpeg to encode+stream -> problem 2.
Another option is to use VLC for everything, but it doesn't work now because of problem 1.
There's also the flash-based streamer in the browser, but again, problem 1...

Right now I have no idea how to fix it, but I'm working on it. I've also noticed a hardware error with the capture cards that I can only fix after I get home. Don't know how serious it is yet, but it could make the computer crash when stressing the capture devices too much.

There's still nothing interesting happening today so you're not really missing anything. The "pro" tournament is tomorrow. The good-ish players are
Armada, Aniolas, Helios... um... me, leffen, VJ, a few decent but unknown players.

edit: Internet connection is amazing. speedtest gives me 90M down, 80M up, total is ~40G shared by 10k people.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I got livestream working, but it crashes the computer after a while. I'm currently recording the amatour finals, but after that I'll try to find out what exactly makes it crash.

No webcams...

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's streaming now, hope it won't crash. It's still testing though, so I'm not recording anything. I also can't view the stream (+chat) on this computer since it might also be part of the crashing. I can use another computer for the chat, but I won't be there much.

http://justin.tv/ajp_anton
Armada playing friendlies now.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
synd att jag missa dh turren, men ork pga dyr resa/biljett+jag skiter i alla spel förutom smash så orka vara 3 dar på ett lan. jag kommer iaf på SKN1 och ros5, möjligtvis STIG också men troligtvis inte.
shotouts+lycka till till zoler/lukas om du läser detta=D
Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. I'd be interested to hear how Armada explains the game to newbies, actually. And thanks, both Ballistics and AJP. :)
hope youre good at swedish lol=P

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
just the features of ustream.

i guess i could have ultimately done some overlay stuff like evo, but i don't think my laptop could take it.

gcn2

Smash Rookie
High Quality Livestream

Just started livestreaming some 1v1's from the Kentucky area.

www.stickam.com/gcn2

Players: Keta, InTheZone, SmackU2

Forewarned, the first hour will probably be not so good. Around 5pm cst will be better matches.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
not a tournament, however, ustream.tv/progducto

currently during [scientology stream] 1.0

featuring some of long island's finest and hbk.

currently broadcasting.

Top Bottom