• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Livestreams

Composeur

Smash Ace
There's a big European tournament going on this weekend! Armada vs Calle W! Isn't there a stream?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It was a Swedish tournament, and a very small one. I tried to get a stream up but I hadn't prepared for it (new computer and didn't know there would be internet), so when I finally got video working (still no audio), the tournament was over =)

But the matches weren't that interesting... videos coming soon.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
*Still waiting for a European tournament with an internet connection*

The next ones I'm going to:
- June 19-22: A swedish "recruit new players to the smash scene" event. It's a LAN party so there will be internet (~40Gbit/s shared by ~10000 people), but don't expect any good players.
- July 13-20: A swedish social event for smashers (hosted by me). There might be mobile internet.

Don't know about internet on SNY1.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I see the SVAR12 folder up on your server now. Too bad the matches weren't that interesting, but I'm still looking forward to them.

Any clue about ZEST5? I'm looking forward to seeing those matches. Though I did notice that 3 with Armada (playing Marth and Fox, lol) were finally uploaded to YT yesterday.

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll be hosting a most likely small house tourney this saturday, may 15th, and will be live streaming the matches

Thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274522

Live stream will be here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kniht

Errr, to follow format it's

Lake Mary Fl

Big names are yet to be determined, but to throw some out there skrach, hbox, qdvs, col bol might attend, check thread for updates i guess

i'll probably be streaming from like 11am est to maybe 12am

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Guys, part 2 of the large Canadian tournament today.

We are having moneymatches, falcon only, and low tiers. I have internet here, but I don't know how I would set up livestream. Any ideas?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
It's up now
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kniht

Sorry I had to cut the stream off, for some reason I can't stream & record at the same time?
So we opted to record instead
I'll get the vids up most likely tomorrow

Ended up being just a round robin teams & singles
To stream and record at the same time you need some splitters and two capture cards, or a fancy capture card like AJP_Anton has, or you can stream with the dazzle and record using a vcr or something.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I don't have a fancy capture card. They were cheap, they don't have any special features at all, and their quality suck.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
As long as they are accessible by directshow, yes.

So yea it may depend on the card a little =)
But maybe not, I have no idea how those dazzles work.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
You can not stream with dazzle platinum. It encodes on the hardware and after the match is done the vid is saved to the harddrive I think. Believe me I tried but I couldn't get it to work.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Well the video has to be sent to the computer while recording, there's no room to store it on the device.
So if you can somehow access this strem with directshow, then yay.

As a workaround, it may even be possible to access the video file while it's being recorded to. This of course means the livestream won't be exactly "live".

Top Bottom