• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee It On Me podcast! Join the MIOM Facebook Group!

Robsta

Smash Ace
25 dollars is pretty measily

100 people including yourself donating 25 dollars, pretty sure thats some good money.

I bet thats 1/4th of our donations right now, every person chipping in what they can, wether it be 5 dollars or 500 dollars, all those little donations matter.

the fact you put in is good enough (8
Such wisdom

BrandX

Smash Ace
So I kinda heard people thought I was autistic...hopefully not everyone believes that because I'm not really...I'm just soft hearted. :(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
So I kinda heard people thought I was autistic...hopefully not everyone believes that because I'm not really...I'm just soft hearted. :(
You're very passionate.

Maybe a little over-reactionary, but the passion can't be disrespected.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I wish I could have the passion without the over reactionary responses, maybe then I would be a better person lol.

Yeah you are right, everyone on the main forum is so nice. I think it was just ******** stream monsters that probably said that.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah you are right, everyone on the main forum is so nice. I think it was just ******** stream monsters that probably said that.
Always blame the stream monsters.

Always.

Also, yeah only $300 more to hit 10k come ON GUYS LET'S HIT THAT TONIGHT. <3

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Also, yeah only $300 more to hit 10k come ON GUYS LET'S HIT THAT TONIGHT. <3
^ Thissssss

I put up a notice on all pages of Smashboards. I'm going to leave this up until the end of January when the donation drive ends. :p

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Melee has passed ten thousand dollars.

Good work team, let's keep the ball rolling, don't stop now. This is just like the EVO poll--meet a goal, set a new one.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Not only did we do a great thing for charity and the chances of Melee being at EVO2013, tonight's Melee It (Up)On Me Stream should, SHOULD, be noticed by gaming newsites. This is nothing ordinary by any means. I can only hope...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Great job everyone!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Huge props to Bobby for organizing this week's episode. We would be nowhere near our current $13K without his efforts in putting together the livestream fundraiser and inspiring people to donate.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Huge props to Bobby for organizing this week's episode. We would be nowhere near our current $13K without his efforts in putting together the livestream fundraiser and inspiring people to donate.
This times (however many dollars were raised tonight alone)

The difference that the matching efforts and such tonight made were huge, shoutouts to Scar especially but also to all the individuals who offered matching donations or made especially big donations.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Congrats on hitting 13k.

And that show was awesome. Definitely a 13k on the hype scale. I'm tuning in from now on.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Being apart of this whole thing was such a great experience. This community has never looked so good.

Shoutouts to the Melee It On Me crew and all donors. This podcast is brilliant, especially tonight's episode. The game is so amazing Scar is willing to burn for it (both literally and financially).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So as the stream began, I started to enter my information... and by the time I finished donating my $50, we had already reached the goal O_O

Damn Melee community is dedicated <3

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
13k...

Holy crap.

Good job, guys. o_____o
TOKi MONSTA

Putting in $100 tomorrow. Will def match some amount if there's another fundraiser "event" (although at this point, everyone's going so hard it looks we don't need matchers).

Brilliant stream, will definitely make this part of my (bi)weekly routine.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
melee at evo 2013, this is happening, we made it, there's nothing that can stop us!!
Excitement is good, optimism is good, blind optimism is not.

We aren't out of the woods yet, you can guarantee the Skullgirls community will come back swinging (saw a guy post on Shoryuken that they've potentially got a couple four-figure snipers lined up), so we can't afford to kick back and call it a day. Today we made a statement and took a commanding lead, but to lose that lead because of a lack of persistence, vigilance, and charitableness would be a sad thing indeed.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
Excitement is good, optimism is good, blind optimism is not.

We aren't out of the woods yet, you can guarantee the Skullgirls community will come back swinging (saw a guy post on Shoryuken that they've potentially got a couple four-figure snipers lined up), so we can't afford to kick back and call it a day. Today we made a statement and took a commanding lead, but to lose that lead because of a lack of persistence, vigilance, and charitableness would be a sad thing indeed.
agreed, couldn't have put it better myself.

these guys want it just as bad as us man.

Im planning to donate again (for the 3rd time;D) once it gets closer to the deadline.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Doim, us bronies got MERKED at our own donating game by us smashers....even though both our game and our game were going to win, now our game is out because our game took the lead!!
It's so tearing being a part of both communities!

But, holy ****ing ****. 13k??? I have no words.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm super blown away, guys and girls. Thanks so much for supporting me, supporting the podcast, and supporting Melee. #ssbm #OneUnit

Don't worry about it dude. Just be yourself :)
Love the Sheridan advice <3
Scar is willing to burn for it (both literally and financially).
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And here is the image and link of the spreadsheet:

http://i.imgur.com/hxJkg.jpg?1

And the breakdown of how much we donated by refresh:
10m $1,611.00
30m $3,365.00
50m $3,988.00
1hr 25m $4,903.00
2hr $5,599.00
2hr 10m $5,754.00
2hr 40m $5,884.00
3hr 10m $5,934.00
3hr 15m $6,288.00

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Thanks Everyone! I love the smash community so much! Hope to see you all at Evo 2013!

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
TOKi MONSTA

Putting in $100 tomorrow. Will def match some amount if there's another fundraiser "event" (although at this point, everyone's going so hard it looks we don't need matchers).

Brilliant stream, will definitely make this part of my (bi)weekly routine.
+rep :awesome:

LOL @ the m2k GIF. I just might make that my sig.

:phone:

Top Bottom