• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Bracket information will hopefully be posted tonight or very early tomorrow. I'm not handling that side of things though, so I can't say for sure :-/

KishSquared

Smash Master
This is KishPrime

We don't do regional separation past the first round...individual tournament is individual. We like to avoid the games of trying to figure out how close you have to be to split someone up so that people can't manipulate the bracket to their advantage (not saying that was what it was for), plus we don't assume that people will advance to quarters or whatever and build the bracket around them. The seeding speaks for itself at this stage.

Nice. Any idea on the Project: M bracket?
Final 6 for Project M Pool!

Darkrain (Falcon)
Chad (Mario)
Axe (Pikachu)
Hungrybox (Jigglypuff)
Vro (Ike)
Kage (Ganon)

Such an awesome pool. These matches will be legendary.

Card game was ridiculous tonight. Shoutouts to ORLY, who probably convinced at least 5 people to buy the game. Smasher CCG FTW.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
This is KishPrime

We don't do regional separation past the first round...individual tournament is individual. We like to avoid the games of trying to figure out how close you have to be to split someone up so that people can't manipulate the bracket to their advantage (not saying that was what it was for), plus we don't assume that people will advance to quarters or whatever and build the bracket around them. The seeding speaks for itself at this stage.
This makes sense but I think you should make an exception in this case, and switch Kels with Sfat because it's a win-win situation that keeps the bracket fair. If you switch Kels and Sfat then you avoid teammates and good friends playing each other early, as well as having the 3 best WC players in attendance on the same side of the bracket. The end result is still a 1st seed fox playing a 4th seed player from New England too. Also, Sfat's current side doesn't have any MW players so it'd be safe to switch kels there.

sidefx

Smash Champion
This is KishPrime

No ones saying to build the bracket around people, but placing arguably the top 3 players from the WC on the same side of the bracket is straight up poor seeding. At the very least, one player could be placed on the opposite side of the bracket to not have all 3 bunched up to meet in quarters.

unknown522

Some guy
Axe vs kage round 1 huh?

Edit: wtf with wobbles? That's Pretty disappointing.

Yakal didn't make it out huh?

WC winners bracket on one side wtf.

I think axe and shroomed should be switched, unless axe didn't get 1st seed

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Cosmo and Prince_Abu didn't make it out? :(. So much for the midwest doing well at this.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Card game was ridiculous tonight. Shoutouts to ORLY, who probably convinced at least 5 people to buy the game. Smasher CCG FTW.
Seriously it was the greatest thing I've seen in card.games. I'll post a video of it today on the meleeatlnorth YouTube channel.

Other vids from this tournament will be up there as well so keep an eye out.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
There are only three California players at this tournament, there is no reason for them to all be on the same side of the bracket.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Wobbles and Fro will be our primary commentators today. Giving people 10 minutes to warm up, matches will start getting announced at 9:40am.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

strawhats

Smash Master
What happened to dajuan?

Can someone post updates in this thread, please and thanks. I'd watch the stream but I'm at work right now.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom