• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
IF YOU GUYS WANT SOME LOCAL PLACES THAT AREN'T CHAINS:
http://www.restaurantica.com/in/mishawaka/gianettos-pizza/23421391/
http://www.yesterdays-granger.com/
https://www.parisisrestaurant.com/

It's a bit of a drive, but if you care about desserts at all, you will want to stop by Yesterday's for dessert alone. Best dessert selection ever in my opinion by diversity and portion size...and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm tossing in Parisi's a bit blind, as I've never been there, but Digger Phelps gave it is #1 local place in a speech to us yesterday so I'll add it on his recommendation.

Also Hacienda is an extremely local Mexican chain. They had some controversial ads once that made national headlines...food's good but nothing spectacular.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Sunday will be the busiest playing day anyway. It should be open when people get in tomorrow night, and also after the tournament is done.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
You put Baka/Darkrain at the same time as Mango/Vidjo

:(
perhaps you can switch mango/vidjo with silentjupiter/lemon or mango/lemon? Please Tim? lol. Imo those two matches are less hype than mango/vidjo

also i forgot to put this in the predictions thread, but yall are sleeping mad hard on oscarmalharbe/MOJO. definitely getting 2nd in his pool, 100% positive.

Ambix

Smash Ace
perhaps you can switch mango/vidjo with silentjupiter/lemon or mango/lemon? Please Tim? lol. Imo those two matches are less hype than mango/vidjo

also i forgot to put this in the predictions thread, but yall are sleeping mad hard on oscarmalharbe/MOJO. definitely getting 2nd in his pool, 100% positive.

:D

KishSquared

Smash Master
Gianetto's is a South Bend spin on Giordano's. Supposedly the two founders (Gianetto and Giordano) have some kind of history or something. It's either on par or better than most Chicago deep dish places, worth a try if you like that kind of thing :)

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
K, I'ma be showing up around four or five probably (eh, five or six local time I guess), where do I go for friendlies and to meet people and stuff (first big tournament ever, baby)? :D

Note that for like 80% of attendants I'm most likely combo practice. But hey. Everyone needs that. And stuff. NOOBY MARTH/PUFF HYPE

Yay Melee

Jake13

Smash Lord
Just got to the hotel and found out there's no check in till 3p

Anyone wanna chill with four texas players till then holla

:phone:

KishPrime

BRoomer
What happened to Black Hayate?
Also, why is Rezo in red?
Rezo registered late, and for the players who wanted to register late, they are ineligible to advance even if they make Top 4 since they missed the seeding round (labeled on the bottom of the doc, I think). Some other players almost came anyway, but backed out.

Black Hayate said he couldn't come, but something may be happening on that front, not sure yet.

aint giordanos a chain?
lol I posted the Chicago one instead of the South Bend one. local fail

We'll try, but every change we make to every schedule usually costs us 15-20 minutes of adjustments, double-checking, updating every document, etc. Probably not going to happen at this point, but all stream matches will be recorded.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
IF YOU GUYS WANT SOME LOCAL PLACES THAT AREN'T CHAINS:
http://www.restaurantica.com/in/mishawaka/gianettos-pizza/23421391/
http://www.yesterdays-granger.com/
https://www.parisisrestaurant.com/

It's a bit of a drive, but if you care about desserts at all, you will want to stop by Yesterday's for dessert alone. Best dessert selection ever in my opinion by diversity and portion size...and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm tossing in Parisi's a bit blind, as I've never been there, but Digger Phelps gave it is #1 local place in a speech to us yesterday so I'll add it on his recommendation.

Also Hacienda is an extremely local Mexican chain. They had some controversial ads once that made national headlines...food's good but nothing spectacular.
You're on speaking terms with digger phelps? Why did nobody else point this out???

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Me murkindawg and kingluigi aka luigigoshard will be in around midnight we'd like to get some friendliness in 2 nite with some pool players and he's wanting some luigi dittoz if you haven't seen him play he's got a pretty sick luigi you can check him out on youtube its under kellyleekearney in search and you'll see a luigigoshard vid but were repin ky

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Rezo registered late, and for the players who wanted to register late, they are ineligible to advance even if they make Top 4 since they missed the seeding round (labeled on the bottom of the doc, I think). Some other players almost came anyway, but backed out.
Are you ****ing serious. You'll have players attend the tournament, you take their money and tell they can't advance because they registered late? That is such a dumb reason, but if that's the case then you shouldn't let them enter at all. It's ridiculous.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
They were told they'd be non-advancing when they registered. It was their decision between participating in the full event or sitting back with a friendlies pass.

Registration has been up and had posted deadlines for a while now. As much as they'd like to, letting people enter too late into planning completely messes with pools and scheduling.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
They should've registered on time. No johns. Its not fair to the responsible people to throw people into premade pools who **** uup the seeding. Id be a little pissed if I got 5th seed because good random number 487 decided he wanted in and got shoved in my pool and got out.

mers

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be getting in earlier than the people who rented my room, so I'll be homeless for a few hours this evening. Does anyone who's getting in before like 8 wanna PM me their phone number so I can find them and play/hang out with them?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Not streaming me vs Little England? =\ that stinks. We'll probably be a better set than me vs Vanz... I think everyone knows vanz will just beat me, but vs LE it'll be more close and entertaining

KishPrime

BRoomer
They were told they'd be non-advancing when they registered. It was their decision between participating in the full event or sitting back with a friendlies pass.

Registration has been up and had posted deadlines for a while now. As much as they'd like to, letting people enter too late into planning completely messes with pools and scheduling.
They should've registered on time. No johns. Its not fair to the responsible people to throw people into premade pools who **** uup the seeding. Id be a little pissed if I got 5th seed because good random number 487 decided he wanted in and got shoved in my pool and got out.
All of these things. We had a deadline. We did 10 hours of pools seeding based on that data. We can't let someone come in late and blow it for someone who did what they were supposed to do and would've otherwise advanced. There's no argument to be had here.

You're on speaking terms with digger phelps? Why did nobody else point this out???
lol not exactly. I have spoken with him a couple of times, just happened to be in the ND MBA group he was talking to this past Wed as well. Happens when you're in the ND community and he's a loyal local.

Tero.

Smash Champion
For all the years since I've started playing Melee in 2006 FC6 was like the tournament of the tournaments.
I watched the Videos and i was like "damn, this used to be the golden age of Smash, I definitly would've travel to the US just for this"

Now there is a FC in 2012 and I wont be there. Shame on me.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
For all the years since I've started playing Melee in 2006 FC6 was like the tournament of the tournaments.
I watched the Videos and i was like "damn, this used to be the golden age of Smash, I definitly would've travel to the US just for this"

Now there is a FC in 2012 and I wont be there. Shame on me.

Are you the same Tero from the puff time out video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom