• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
How many people are bringing setups and recording/stream setups? I'm not sure if I can go to this, but if I can, I can bring probably 3-6 or so setups and 3 recording devices (mobile recorder, a VCR, and a Dazzle). It'd also help if people wrote who played who and what character(s) they used and what round they're in if they play on someone's VCR. I'd also be able to bring a few extension cords/power strips if I go. As well as extra VHS tapes.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Ummmm I don't think it's legal for me to decline that because it's just TOO AWESOME.

Also I don't like Brawl at all but I'm not about to start complaining about how this event is ruined because some people I don't know will be playing a game I don't care about somewhere nearby. Just saying.

Then again I don't care for Melee or 64 either. Maybe I should be yelling at everyone about how your choices of vidya games are different than mine and therefore will ruin my enjoyment of life?
I have to agree with Joshu on this. I suggest adding the following fighting games instead of smash. Primal Rage, Clayfighter 63 1/3, that versus mode that was in Megaman 7, and of course Justice League Task Force.

Clearly this what we should be doing with our time.

Tink

Smash Hero
id replace megaman with some powerstone =D...

i should be bringing atleast 2 setups, maybe 3.
we reallllllly need power strips and extenstion cords...unless the kishes still have 1000s of them.

KishSquared

Smash Master
id replace megaman with some powerstone =D...
You're banned from FC.

we reallllllly need power strips and extenstion cords...unless the kishes still have 1000s of them.
I still have a box full of them from FCD. Plus I believe the venue has some. Still, people are rocking the planning five months early. I wasn't planning on thinking of ANY of this stuff until like July.

EDIT: Wait, why did my sig just show up I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Dude MonkUnit, I just moved away from Wisconsin. Was in Eau Claire many times while up there working for the Marshfield Clinic. Ah, Marshfield...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Saw Mura post something Brawl vs. Melee related and thought I was about to ignite another drawn out debate attempting to get him to admit he was wrong on semantics. I was pleasantly surprised that I agreed with him. That's happening more and more often and I am reminded of my original thought that I liked the kind of person Mura was (stubborn as me) even though we were on opposite sides of an argument both times I first talked to him. We should actually play Gears sometime.
You know, in retrospect, looking at that argument makes me think that someone shot me up with heroine in my sleep. I was crazy, and wrong. But there's a backstory to that craziness that deals with particular members of the LA thread. Lets just let bygones be bygones.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol overswarm, you play starcraft so ill let you slide on being a weak *** brawl player.
Yeah, I'm all slackin' off now though. Catching up on all the single player games I've been missing out on. Monster Hunter Tri 3 for one :D

lol ur gaming style transfers to the RL i like it, and now we know why you ARE a brawl player :p
I've always been more mental than technical. XD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Does anyone have the video of Chillin getting hit in the head with a bottle?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Dude MonkUnit, I just moved away from Wisconsin. Was in Eau Claire many times while up there working for the Marshfield Clinic. Ah, Marshfield...
If I knew this, I would have tried to play you. :( Eau Claire isn't near a lot of smash players that aren't in Minneapolis or Madison. Everything is 3+ hours way.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You know, in retrospect, looking at that argument makes me think that someone shot me up with heroine in my sleep. I was crazy, and wrong. But there's a backstory to that craziness that deals with particular members of the LA thread. Lets just let bygones be bygones.
Everybody has that day at some point.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
lolwut o_O
Writing down round info in a notebook, on a sticky note, etc. helps to have the matches that are recorded on a VCR to have the correct match information. I'm not sure if anyone else with a VCR does this, but I've always tried to do it this way. It helps save time when recording and uploading matches because you don't have to ask people who is in the video and what round it is. Unless you're referring to something else in my post?

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Writing down round info in a notebook, on a sticky note, etc. helps to have the matches that are recorded on a VCR to have the correct match information. I'm not sure if anyone else with a VCR does this, but I've always tried to do it this way. It helps save time when recording and uploading matches because you don't have to ask people who is in the video and what round it is. Unless you're referring to something else in my post?

:phone:
I'm just amazed that VCRs still exist....haven't seen a VHS in ten years

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
WHAT THE TRAIL PLAYS LOL

How have we not played? I wish I still had time to play.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We used to think that about Sheik dittos in Melee. After 9 straight rounds of Eduardo vs. KishCubed to end SMYM1? Dang that was crazy-long. And Cubed barely knew how to chaingrab then.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I find it odd that most people are complaining about Brawl instead of the other stuff. I figured the outdoor venue and beef jerky meals would have drawn more complaints.

lol, Juushichi summed it up best with his sig pic.
As a wisconsinite, I support the all-jerky meals.

This tourney will be the ****. Nuff said.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I need me some Level 1 Challenges. Revival of the Bowser Challenge is imminent too.

Also, I would like to know if there are any current plans to invite big-name streamers to the event. I can provide 1 or 2 streaming/capture stations, but I need to know at least a couple months in advance if it will be necessary so I can prepare and test all the hardware.

Also, Giant Mode side tournament. That is all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DK challenge in 64 is better. They look so goddamn funny when they're chasing. Also goddammit Omnigamer you troll. Bowser challenge in 64 -_-

I do have this to say: A Melee only tournament is always ****ing beautiful when I get to attend one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom