• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From the way kishprime has worded it, it seems that brawl will be a side tournament like 64 was at FCD, and that melee will be the prime focus. If that is the case, i don't really see a problem since many brawl players will make the trip and play both games (contributing to the melee pot).

As long as other games don't take away from the melee schedule, I really don't care. Unless theres a starcraft 2 tournament I probably won't be playing any other game

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Prediction: regardless of how much I practice I will beat Trail.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Conversation I just had on Facebook:

Me: so did you hear about the epic smash news
Bigy: whats this?
Me: the kishes are coming back and hosting another FC
Bigy: HOLY ****ING ****

:awesome:

Ambix

Smash Ace
Hey kish can you unban green greens for this event?

That's really the last thing needed to make my childhood complete again.

Also i'm just gonna put this out there right now......I call that huge upstairs room on the right side of the gym.

Called.

BIG C

Smash Master
Hey kish can you unban green greens for this event?

That's really the last thing needed to make my childhood complete again.

Also i'm just gonna put this out there right now......I call that huge upstairs room on the right side of the gym.

Called.
LOL NOT IN THE CHURCH good sir. this has been covered like 231321561321 times already.

Ambix

Smash Ace
lol not in the church good sir. This has been covered like 231321561321 times already.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT:

looking forward to seeing ship of fools again.

My only regret is that i won't be able to take a greyhound from memphis up through chigaco and down to southbend again like it used to be.

Those greyhound trips were an experience all on their own.

I think out of all 20 of us that took that greyhound trip for FC6 and diamond, 6 of them received sexual advances from creepy old people. ihavespaceballs was given half a hit of acid from some random guy who was tripping balls at the bus station and fizz-sama had his picture taken by what i can only assume was a photographer for a pedophile magazine after which they exchanged email addresses.

I was also asked if I wanted to buy bootlegged DVD's of air bud by a black guy in the bathroom at the chicago bus terminal.

I miss my childhood.

voorhese

Smash Master
yoooo, brawl sucks :/....ussss melee ppl can deal with it, but u gotta understand it from our stand point....
we dont like your game...your game ruined the rest of the series for us :/. we will allllllways be salty brawl wasnt melee 2.0, like it should have been. then we would be having a 600 person tournament/.
^ not only this, but the last FC filled up to the brim with people. A brawl tourney would be a straight up waste of space.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Will super doodle man finally release the final part to the last tier war at this FC?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Need I remind everyone the name of the tournament is Misunderstood Enthusiasts Living an Extraordinary Existence - For Cash, not Boring Rejects Abiding a Worthless Lifestyle - For Crap. Let's not hear any more of this "BRAWL-FC" talk.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
He released all of his scripts to it, if I recall correctly, and said someone else could do it.

Shrug. We had a heck of a round on Big Blue at FC1.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
should bring back all the fun stages Prime

I kept countering people on Bigblue at FC1 ;x

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Need I remind everyone the name of the tournament is Misunderstood Enthusiasts Living an Extraordinary Existence - For Cash, not Boring Rejects Abiding a Worthless Lifestyle - For Crap. Let's not hear any more of this "BRAWL-FC" talk.
Legendary quote from a legendary player

:phone:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
So, yeah. This will be my first FC. Every intention on coming. Already talked to the NEOH Melee crew, everyone is down. 4% should be there, Minnty may/may not (AZ bound for school? I think.) but we're already practicing a ****-ton and saving our money for the trip (gunna roll up in a new car hopefully, ballin').

Sveet, total random request, but if you care about teaming with a scrub, I'd totally team. xD

Oh, and someone mentioned something about Ken coming to this and then someone ruined my hopes and aspirations about how he won't play unless he's getting paid. How much are we talking?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
OMG... I'm getting everyone I know to go to this. I haven't played Melee seriously in ages, but this, THIS...REQUIRES the presence of everybody.

If you have ever considered yourself a competitive Smash player, then you KNOW in your heart what must be done. Especially you geezers like me who have been around since the ancient times. The Kishes... the Midwest... FC... the LEGACY.

I'm going to this, and I'm gonna be one of the loudest guys there...

Unless DA shows up, then I'll be like the third or fourth loudest, lol.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Dope. Go to this! Let me fly into MI and ride with you. That ride was soooo good for fc3. Also so hyped on this. Mike G make sure Wes Dave and yourself will be there. I will bring THE MAN. If I can get a hold of him, guarantee THE MAN wins this tournament.

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Haha Tope look at all of the old people in this thread.

By the way, the next info dump is going to be on Friday or Saturday, next week.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
<insert another old person>

Another FC?? Can't believe my eyes.

So many of the new blood smashers missed their chances in the past to attend tournaments. Do NOT miss this one if you love smash!

Start mowing those lawns, selling those magazines, stealing from your mom/sister/girlfriend.

I'm excited.

Wife

Smash Lord
The Kishes command a certain amount of respect for the exemplary tournaments they have held in the past. And it is in keeping with that respect that I would like to politely, but publicly declare my preference for a Melee only tournament.

Just think of how beautiful it would be. How pure. It would make a statement. It would be a display of integrity.

There is a part of my brain that is logically reasoning why Brawl is necessary, there is. But when I picture being in South Bend, IN, and seeing that abomination on the screen . . . it disgusts me. Melee-FC is something very pure in my memory, and I don't want to taint it. I don't want to muddy it with one more tournament that wasn't as special.

And it *won't* be as special if there is Brawl. It won't be FC, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry, Kishes, for not offering my support. For breaking solidarity. But I just can't picture myself there. Without the church, with the addition of Brawl . . . it's not what I think of when I think of FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom