• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Just realized I'll be done with my internship when this is happening.

Read over the info packet. How would the B/C passes for $70 work kish? 1 b event and 1 c event?

steep

Smash Lord
Sooooo if you had to guess, how many brawl entrants should we expect? I would be more than happy to pay for this tourney if I know there will be a big turnout for Brawl as well as Melee but if not… I dunno. I'm a music student, after all. Gotta save my $$ sometimes. But some things are just too epic to miss...

ORLY

Smash Master
i don't understand what a BC pass is either and instead of wading through past pages or the war and peace instruction manual on the FC website i thought i'd ask here for a cliffnotes version

what's the scoop

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A pass = Melee Singles + Doubles + 2 side tournaments
B/C pass = no melee, 2 side tournaments only

My only complaint is that I am uninterested in both B/C teams tournaments but would't mind participating in both singles tournaments

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Sveet, I'm not sure what you're saying? What is it you're trying to register for?

To be even clearer...

A pass = includes both Melee (A) events, a Pick One B (Project M, Brawl, 64 Singles), and a Pick One C (Brawl Teams, 64 Teams)
B/C pass = Only the two Pick Ones, really only meant for Brawl/64-only players.

The registration page automatically reconfigures itself when you click one or the other so it displays events properly.

As to Brawl turnout, let's put it this way. If there are only 30 people in it, there'll still be a reasonable pot and we'll literally do a 30-man Round Robin tournament for Brawl. We want to put together an event that everyone will enjoy, and we'll make it epic whether the turnout is 30 or 130 or 230. I'm working with a couple of Brawl TOs to find some ways to pull out way more than that, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
where's the AC/DC pass? I only want to rock at this tourney, none of that B stuff.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No, I would like to play a combination of 2 singles tournaments of brawl/64/P:M, not 1 of those and brawl or 64 teams. Both of those teams tournaments don't interest me at all, though I would enjoy all of the singles tournaments more (even brawl)

KishPrime

BRoomer
The categories are set up as they are because of scheduling. Because we're so pool-focused, the times when you are playing one title will leave you unable to switch to other titles, as when you're in a pool you will be playing constantly without the ability to switch between games.

I certainly understand the desire, though.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
The categories are set up as they are because of scheduling. Because we're so pool-focused, the times when you are playing one title will leave you unable to switch to other titles, as when you're in a pool you will be playing constantly without the ability to switch between games.

I certainly understand the desire, though.
This is harder for me to understand than it should be.
Are you just going to guide us for the sign-up stuff when we get there?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
KishPrime's point is, FC has to overlap certain events with each other due to scheduling constraints, and because of the pools-oriented nature of each event, you're going to have to focus on playing that event only and you won't be allowed to play in two overlapping events within the same timeframe.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Basically, events are set up in three categories, and the categories simply represent a time frame in the schedule. A events are major events that have their own slot, B events occur at the same time so you will have to choose one, and same with C events. When you register, you will go through (or already did) the process of selecting your B/C event.

When you arrive, you'll be given the time and location for all of your first-round events.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
KishPrime's point is, FC has to overlap certain events with each other due to scheduling constraints, and because of the pools-oriented nature of each event, you're going to have to focus on playing that event only and you won't be allowed to play in two overlapping events within the same timeframe.
Yeah, but since I signed up for the "A" event, that means I can play in two of the other events right?
What I'm saying is, I don't think I clicked that I would play the other games, which I /will/ if I paid for 'em.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Yup it's included if you paid for them. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to change something!

EDIT: Maybe I should change it on the website to an A/B/C pass. I can see why that's confusing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Kish, would it be possible to change either 64 singles or P:M singles to a C tournament instead of a B tournament? There are 3 B tournaments and 2 Cs, so would it be a big deal to have 2 B tournaments and 3 Cs instead?

ORLY

Smash Master
well if i'm paying for a C event, i'm going to enter it.

who wants to team in 64? i literally have no idea how to play 64

PEEF!

Smash Hero
well if i'm paying for a C event, i'm going to enter it.

who wants to team in 64? i literally have no idea how to play 64
I just noticed your avatar was a falcon with its head twisted. I thought it was some strange animal with a huge brown nose and a skin-colored jaw...

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
No (controller) Johns

Hey guys! I will be bringing my controller repair kit in case anybody has any controller malfunctions at the tourney. I have extra parts for most pieces, but if your rubber stick is coming off, I don't really have any good ones left. I might have a couple good ones for C-Sticks. If you bring a classic controller/nunchuck I can replace your Gamecube stick with one of those, but it's a little taller so some adjustment is needed. If anybody needs anything at the tourney, hit me up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4% APR

Smash Champion
OMG Ziv, you're the best

you can switch sticks between 2 different GC controllers right?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so this will be interesting.

if theres no A pass, then we'll see a ton of people playing 64 teams who have no idea how to play 64. there'll probably be more 64 teams than there will 64 singles players (because most melee players will choose P:M as their B event, i'd imagine)

also, doesn't 64 teams lag? maybe proj:M teams are in order?

of course i'm picky and would rather just have an A pass and do melee, but i guess this is interesting in its own light. Plus, registration has already begun, so it'd be weird to change them.

in other news, ORLY, i'd be willing to team and get 0-2'd. is ganon in that game?

KishPrime

BRoomer
Not ruling it out, but until we get a closer-to-final count on TVs/people, we can't promise it. There's no reason one can't happen as a side event, either.

ORLY

Smash Master
@peef & john: lol yeah i saw the picture on imgur and i loved it

@bl@ckchris: if they don't do P:M doubles, yeah let's do it. i'll play falcon, too, because we're hardasses like that

4% APR

Smash Champion
I can replace the actual plastic part, yes. But I don't have a soldering iron or anything, so if your stick is loose, you'll need a whole new circuit board.
I just need it replaced because the grip is coming off.

I would be soooooo down for PM teams

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
btw i've played some PM teams, and the stages feel really small from the matches i've played from it.

it's definitely different than melee teams. still fun, but felt a lot more chaotic lol.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
btw i've played some PM teams, and the stages feel really small from the matches i've played from it.

it's definitely different than melee teams. still fun, but felt a lot more chaotic lol.
That's odd because there are some pretty big P:M stages. The jungle level, castlevania, hyrule, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom