• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
im confused at where ppl thinking local housing is coming from? im FROM INDIANA, and the onlyyyy smashers i know that are in south bend are the kishes 0_o. there might be a few more, but there will NOT be much free housing for this...so plan accordingly

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Holy **** smashers are cheap as hell. This is basically a 3+ day vacation where you are only paying $85 + discounted hotel + transportation for a national tournament. A single day at Six Flags will cost you about that much, and tournaments for other games such as chess routinely cost over $100. I understand we are all mostly high school / college aged but c'mon, you have 3 months to scrape together this money and you really are getting more than your money's worth.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Remember that busses, trains, and carpooling are always options too. Can't guarantee that they'll be much cheaper, but I recall many epic smash travel stories for such transportation.

Xtra

Smash Ace
right!! its going to be killer! im just as frugal with my budget as the next (although my budget includes expensive things that dont need to be on there) but there is NO way...in HELL...im comming without spending cash! i can relate to cashing in change and living pay check to pay check but common!! for many of us this is like a dream vacation with u'r fav celebrities! u'r not gonna want too miss it! and yah...its months away. my only concern is reserving a room in time. are they projected to run out?

KishSquared

Smash Master
No, they won't be running out anytime soon, but there is a limit on how long the discount lasts.

And yeah... $200 for a flight sounds amazing. Just imagine driving at $5/gallon this summer o_0

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Was he posting that as a bad thing or a good thing? <_< I was actually looking for $200 tix to go to TG6 and couldn't find any.

We are indeed ahead of the game to have everything up tonight, just in case anyone was curious. It will be done.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Alright, website updated, new rules updated in the information packet, registration live and we are READY TO GO.

Check:
www.meleefc.com

We're kicking off with a Race to 50. If we get 50 people registered by June 1, all of them get a free FC-Legacy t-shirt. The t-shirts are made by the same company that did the old shirts, so they'll be great adds to your FC-wear collection...if you actually have the old ones.

So sign up now, and get your friends to do it, too! Let's make this into the best Smash event of the summer!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Registered! :D

Also, it says mini-tvs are not allowed? It says anything less than 15 inches is a "mini tv".If this is the case this will cut down the amount of tvs we can bring from 5 or 6 to 2. :(

Are 14" tvs allowed?

KishPrime

BRoomer
Eh, close enough. To be honest, I never measured...meant to do that and forgot. I'll check and see.

KishPrime

BRoomer
You can feel free to bring the other, but I don't know that we can't really run tournament matches on it (and thus, credit the $5). Especially teams. We've got to have a minimum size for that reason alone - teams is a huge part of the tournament as well.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I looked at all the pictures I could, but I'm guessing that there are no TVs in the hotel rooms, CRTs or otherwise. I'd like to have at least 1 set up in the room with us, but would I be able to bring it into our room after the venue closes?

I have 2 full set ups, but I don't know if I want to commit both if I can't have one in the room.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Guess I didn't look at them all lol

Yeah that won't do. I plan on staying up until 4 every night getting drunk and challenging people to money matches that I'll loose. I need a set up

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
The recent post I'm about to show you guys should be all the motivation you need to pay your damn $85 and attend this tourney.

Warning: the post contains very exciting and potentially awe-inducing material.

It has been rated H for Hype by the MPAA.

Side effects may include anything from overwhelming joy to mind-numbing fear.

Registered.

KishSquared

Smash Master
No need to bring a Wiimote or sensor bar :)

EDIT: We're working with StrongBad and the P:M team to lock in on a version of P:M for FC. Details to come on that.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Sorry for the mixed messages - hacked Wiis are technically fine. Using USBLoaders and/or running pirated games is not.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
on registration, do we pay at the door? maybe im just technologically slow but i seem to have missed if we're paying online or otherwise. as in, we can register now and pay later? or..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom