• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC: Your Pool Predictions Were Wrong. See first post for R2 Pools!

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can get better with any character you want to, but you can't want to get better with any character you want to. A wise man once said:

Human beings are capable of amazing things, but in the end we are all slaves to our own desires.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Falco combos and shield pressure are really fun... and spiking people... but I'm rough on controllers, even as someone that plays basically only Ganon/luigi/marth and occasional falcon/doc, I go through joysticks like there is no tomorrow. Practicing Falco would mean ordering joysticks like 10 at a time, c-sticks too. Kage when I saw you only went through 2 controllers in 10 years of smash I about **** myself.

Varist

Smash Lord
it's probably because you're some roid freak ace. i've used the same controller for 4 years and my tech is boss. don't slam the analog around, this game is about finesse

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Ganon players are just the most badass mother****ers IRL who don't give two ****s about the competitive viability of the Dark Lord.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
To preven yourself from destroying joysticks:
Swap it with a wiimote nunchuck stick. **** will never wear. ever.

If feels weird at first, but once I got used to it I found it to be vastly superior.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
it's probably because you're some roid freak ace. i've used the same controller for 4 years and my tech is boss. don't slam the analog around, this game is about finesse
Lmao, I don't know the first thing about roids, but I did powerlift for 8 years straight from age 16 to 24, that's funny.

Also, vanir, I think that wii stick is longer than the gc stick... isn't it? I think Yeroc had one one time and I noticed the joystick was taller... other than that, that **** is perfect... just one ring around the edge so your thumb doesn't slip off

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Ok hold on

From what I've heard Kage does MMA or some ****
and ACE has done powerlifting
and I did as well between the ages of 15 and 18

wtf are Ganon mains really this much of badasses??

'Fro

Smash Lord
I gotta give a shout out to John! He was the only person who predicted I would get past my first round pool, so glad to make your prediction happen! I'll admit though, I got mad lucky with ycz6 playing sloppy towards the end of martches, and jesus freak giving me his Falco instead of his puff, which helped me out a lot.

:phone:

Edit: only person aside from my own crew mates that is.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Also, vanir, I think that wii stick is longer than the gc stick... isn't it? I think Yeroc had one one time and I noticed the joystick was taller... other than that, that **** is perfect... just one ring around the edge so your thumb doesn't slip off
yes, its slightly taller and it feels like it moves a little faster (which you gotta get used to)
I really like it now that i'm used to it. Its more comfortable and won't get worn down.
Since you're having a problem with wearing the sticks down i'd really reccommend swaping the stick out ^^

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Jman camps Peach too hard, and his style wouldn't work now that armadas game against camping is A LOT better than @G1.

Just look at him vs Vanz if you doubt me being better... run away ->side b past peach LOL ***** this aint brawl
I dont play anymore so this really funny to me from my biggest fan

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thanks to all the people who thought i'd make it out of R1.

i guess nobody knew that silverliight was The Moon. Wonder if he was seeded as a random instead of the player he is. oh well.

AXE 09

Smash Master
^Same thing happened in my pool with "DJ Talent" who I had no idea was The Lake.

I was just thinking "Ha, random Zelda main about to get *****" ****** my Falco* "...oh shiiiii-"

Get Low

Smash Ace
thanks to all the people who thought i'd make it out of R1.

i guess nobody knew that silverliight was The Moon. Wonder if he was seeded as a random instead of the player he is. oh well.
^Same thing happened in my pool with "DJ Talent" who I had no idea was The Lake.

I was just thinking "Ha, random Zelda main about to get *****" ****** my Falco* "...oh shiiiii-"

Same thing with "kels88" in my pool
I was oh girlllll bout to get that free win with jiggs. Turns out to be some really good fox. I can't believe it.
Ahh, it angers me so much when people do that. Like seriously, is it your goal to screw up the tournament?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
My pool sheet said Hungarybox, not to be confused with Hungrybox.

wtf? crazy puff also.

TheLake

Smash Master
Ive used Dj talent before, I think even in this thread I posted a video from where its from lol

Names shouldnt matter

just play

use mario or some ****

and tap

everyone needs to stop being so political

and losin up

haters gonna hater

skaters gonna skate

axe ***** <3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wobbles is right, I've heard him on the commentary say you should the reason why the pool is called a Death Pool. Names don't ****ing matter, just own them with your skill and presence!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Wobbles is right, I've heard him on the commentary say you should the reason why the pool is called a Death Pool. Names don't ****ing matter, just own them with your skill and presence!
Yep. Although this advice is mostly intended for people who want to make it out of their own pool. It doesn't quite cover the fact that if you end up sticking lots of very good players in the same R1 pool because they all gave themselves random names, then you may decrease the quality of the tournament by eliminating them early. And for mid-level players who want to take pride in advancing from pools rather than get wrecked by 4 pros who named themselves after Naruto characters or something.

TheLake said:
Ive used Dj talent before, I think even in this thread I posted a video from where its from lol

Names shouldnt matter

just play

use mario or some ****

and tap

everyone needs to stop being so political
I agree, except you may be diminishing the experience of other players when you do this. Please be considerate when it comes to seeding.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure we were able to seed all the random named guys properly including Moon, Lake, and Mojo.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I definitely agree, Wobbles. Entering with a random name can be fun and all, but when it ends up screwing with seeding, it's definitely not cool. I'd DQ someone for doing that if it ended up messing with seeding.

Bones0

Smash Legend
This reminds me of when Cactuar came to like the second tournament I ever hosted (which was my 4th smash event ever). He came with UltimaScout, and registered as "UltimaScout's Friend."

"UltimaScout's Friend" won the tournament. :|

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
This reminds me of when Cactuar came to like the second tournament I ever hosted (which was my 4th smash event ever). He came with UltimaScout, and registered as "UltimaScout's Friend."

"UltimaScout's Friend" won the tournament. :|
It's not like I was leagues above the other guys in that tournament though... chinesahh wasn't playing well at that one, but greg beat me in winners, and the matches with chillin were pretty legit.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Marth is perfectly beatable, I'm just bad.

I still think I'm a mid level player who should have made it out of r1 at least, but I underperformed when it mattered.

Top Bottom