• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I see us bonding in a way that we could support each other. Sure each game is different, but by supporting each other we can not only bring in more players for each community, but to create new connections and new friendship.

Personally you can just say its my smash/skullgirls soul wanting us to help each other.

But in one case, skullgirls has built exposure and a bright future for itself.

:phone:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Damn, I remember saying "Go for 50K!" in the twitch chat. But this was an unexpected result.....
You, we, are...So Awesome. Awesome job, guys.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
yeah, just got to worked and checked. i was expecting 45-50k. where the hell did this 90k+ come from? jesus.

good job guys.

Ether

Smash Ace
I was in and out of consciousness. I woke up with one hour to go and Scar telling everyone to donate as much as they can especially if they have a steady job. Then I fell asleep again.

I did not expect our final power level. Damn.

:phone:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Holy crap... I went to sleep at like 1 am (already at 60k I think). I thought that would be our last stand, but I guess the Smash community wanted to throw another spirit bomb at Cancer lol.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I haven't been on here forever, I don't play Smash anymore, but this is wonderful news. I've been discontent with Nintendo and the direction they are taking their games, maybe this is what we need for them to see we have devoted players who are passionate about the competitive side of the game.

Maybe it will encourage them to make a game that satisfies both the casual and competitive players.

Congrats!

Smilax

Smash Rookie
Congratulations everybody in the Smash World!
As a Skullgirls supporter, you guys are amazing, thank you so much for your donations!

I can't wait to meet you guys/girls at EVO! :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Also, big props to Alex Strife and Apex staff for bringing Smash onto the spotlight at the beginning of the month. I don't think the amount of support Melee and Smash has been getting as a whole would be as great as it is on the outside of here now without that awesome tournament. Let's not forget them and I hope Apex staff are aware we love them just as much! :)

TeeVee

Smash Lord
so you guys pay 90k to get your game into a tournament to be played on laggy hdtvs, to get thrown on the not main stream (with most likely around 1k - 2k viewers), with grand finals at 9 am, in a venue where 95 percent of the people there hate you and your game?

what happened to you melee community

Violence

Smash Lord
I fell asleep at 11:30 pm.

I literally dreamt that I woke up, checked the final results, and it was ST at 78000, Melee at 75000.

When I did wake up, I grabbed my phone half-heartedly, thinking I had already checked and we'd already lost.

When I saw the numbers, I thought I was dreaming.

I have no words to express the shock and awe I feel right now.

Good ****, Smash community, good **** to everyone who contributed.

We're going to Vegas. **** the haters.

-Ran

Smash Master
Mr. Wizard was on the stream after we won, and stated they will be getting CRTs for us, even if they have to rent them.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
so you guys pay 90k to get your game into a tournament to be played on laggy hdtvs, to get thrown on the not main stream (with most likely around 1k - 2k viewers), with grand finals at 9 am, in a venue where 95 percent of the people there hate you and your game?

The whole point of this was that it will be a main game on the main stream. I went to Evo last year, and although I went as a Marvel player I introduced myself to everyone as a Melee player. There is no majority that hates the game, but maybe a very vocal minority (and one that I did not encounter whatsoever). There were a couple Melee setups in the BYOC section and everyone there was having a blast with no hate from the FGC to speak of.

LLDL

Smash Hero

lol no. they will be played on all crts (that evo staff will purchase/rent themselves JUST to run smash) and it will be a main stream game. As for the 9am and the venue, won't respond to that lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Fanatiq is not happy which makes me happy.

One button dash....

...****ing kidding me...
What's wrong with that? Smash has a 0 button dash :troll:

Well for one MrWizard said he's getting CRT's for us so I imagine he's got a little more respect for us than that.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Congratulations everybody in the Smash World!
As a Skullgirls supporter, you guys are amazing, thank you so much for your donations!

I can't wait to meet you guys/girls at EVO! :)
Thanks, Smilax! Congratulations on your amazing performance yesterday; 31k to 76k is incredible (45 000 for charity in 6 hours? Ridiculous.)

Look forward to meeting you guys at Evo.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ahah I will be watching Evo from the stream. I want the people there to have extra fun for the players that arent gonna be able to make it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Get back from work to check figure.

My *****s :denzel:

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Fixed that for you. It wasn't just Melee, bro. ;)
"Whether you play Melee, Brawl, or 64.
Whether you're young or old.
Whether you're old or new.
Whether you're competitive or casual.
Whether you're a tournament player or an avid stream watcher.
We are ALL Smashers; long live the Smash community!"

That you for your comment, Revven.

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
I was up until 4 listening to screaming and DBZ references as people emptied their wallets.

I woke up at 7:30 to go to school and am sitting here feeling like I was hit by a truck, but it was totally worth it.
Go melee!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Had to go to bed last night before the drive was done, had an important meeting early this morning that I couldn't afford to be tired for. I went to bed not knowing what was going to happen.

This is amazing.

Big, big love for Scar and Prog for being so instrumental in putting this thing together. Big, big love to all donors. Unreal.

Time to start trying to scrape up the money to become a pot filler this summer :D

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Real pros slept from 6 to 11 that evening (central) so they could stay up til 3 to follow the results and celebration afterward, then sleep another four and go to 8 am classes comfortably
GOML

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Real pros slept from 6 to 11 that evening (central) so they could stay up til 3 to follow the results and celebration afterward, then sleep another four and go to 8 am classes comfortably
GOML
LOOOOOOOOL

Various life circumstances prevented this from occurring, definitely a pro strat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom