• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
Best not to focus on the dumb tweet or in-fighting between Smash communities or whatever - there's a lot of work to be done!

Fletch

Smash Master
Stfu about melee voice actors guys. That's a terrible idea. Unless we got the narrator, that guy is freaking awesome.
Um, I'd do just about anything to have the Melee narrator call me and just say "MEEEEEELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

The other ideas are good as well.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Breast Cancer Research Donation Forum relocated to Melee discussion per requests. If another admin can figure out how our permissions are acting for the top forum this may move up even more, but when I tried to move the "Pool Room" to the top forum it become un-viewable to regular members and when I tried making a new forum it had the same issue - there are some weird inherited permissions going on up there that I haven't been able to spend time addressing yet (other, higher priorities).

BrandX

Smash Ace
I just want to say that, I cant wait for your donation drive. I want this donation drive to end epicly (whoever gets the final dollar in).

In the end, we are all winners and whoever does win, Ill still be playing sg's and ssbbpm. I've grown attached to this place, I want to both of us go out fighting.

Plus Im getting a voicemail from Filias VA, my life is complete X3

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So Mike Z is deff holding off matching donations in case we fight back. (Which we are.)

We're going to need to aim pretty high to overcut those held off donations.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
There's actually plenty of them.

Someone posted a list of them. I don't remember who but I think it was in this thread.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Lets get to work then! Someone whos good at wording stuff should come up with a generic post to spread around. Put emphasis on the breast cancer and less so on the "We must defeat the virgin weaboo SG community".

The breast cancer message should be powerful enough without offending anyone.

zmx

Smash Lord
Lets get to work then! Someone whos good at wording stuff should come up with a generic post to spread around. Put emphasis on the breast cancer and less so on the "We must defeat the virgin weaboo SG community".

The breast cancer message should be powerful enough without offending anyone.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u

I reposted this from the topic I suggested that was made on the Melee boards.
Unlike the Melee boards, the Smash 4 board moves pretty fast so we will need to keep this bumped.

Edit:

If you guys know about any other popular gaming forums, go ahead and copy and paste this there.

zmx

Smash Lord
Isn't it kind of messed up that some people are "strategically waiting" on giving money to a charity?
Not at all.

This has been a bidding war from the start. This is exactly how auctions work. People snipe at the last minute.

Also considering the immense amount that has been donated already, I don't think anybody involved in the charity fund can complain. They are already guaranteed what, over 40K? That's probably a lot more than Mr. Wizard or anyone else was expecting.

Life

Smash Hero
Not really, as I don't think the money for these types of things usually gets turned over until the end of the drive anyway (unless I misunderstand).

Gea

Smash Master
Not at all.

This has been a bidding war from the start. This is exactly how auctions work. People snipe at the last minute.

Also considering the immense amount that has been donated already, I don't think anybody involved in the charity fund can complain. They are already guaranteed what, over 40K? That's probably a lot more than Mr. Wizard or anyone else was expecting.
The implication I got was that they were sitting on it and were not going to put it in if they didn't need to. If they still do it's fine, I understand the strategy of doing this, but it's kind of in poor taste to say you'll match someone then only do it if it needs to be done. And even if it goes in either way, matching donations is a little different than just sitting on any donations. But I digress, they still put in hella money.

zmx

Smash Lord
Wow, my topic already got deleted. I was afraid of this. For "spamming". Sigh, stupid gamefaq mods.

Ah well, it seems 10-20$ was donated before then.

I'll have to find a way to make the topic seem more on topic before posting it again.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It was idestroypp69 otherwise known as scorpion masta. On that note I used to be a mod on a Nintendo forum. Place kind of died but I can spam the donation link for whoevers left

Edit:Can someone link me to where DBR apparently said the jab-tweet was hurting SH at G3 chances?
:phone:

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
So if smash does not catch up, will they even give that "matching amount" to charity at all?
If it's anywhere near close, they'll drop in in late as the cherry on top. They can't afford someone on our side overtaking with a last second snipe if we're anywhere near sniping distance. That is, of course, if we don't go nuts and overtake them before the spirit bomb happens.

Honestly I think we should have donation live streams every night until the drive ends. It doesn't matter if they raise only like a grand each, the point is to spread the word as much as possible for the last one (which would have to be at the same time as Salty Cupcakes on the 31st). Get the momentum going right away, starting tonight, and don't let up until it's over. They have one last shot. We have 6 or more.

Damn, I just realized we're gonna crash the wepay site on the 31st.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Share the posts from your Facebook from the Smashboards FB page. Show it to everyone you know, bro.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think we should have donation live streams every night until the drive ends. It doesn't matter if they raise only like a grand each, the point is to spread the word as much as possible for the last one (which would have to be at the same time as Salty Cupcakes on the 31st). Get the momentum going right away, starting tonight, and don't let up until it's over. They have one last shot. We have 6 or more.
THIS should happen starting tonight.

I will have money left over after I finish my reservations for EVO.

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
Relying on a snipe alone is a bad idea, I think. If this has a shot, the pressure needs to be placed on them now, with getting close to catching up right now -- I think plotting a snipe from this sort of distance is dangerous. The gap needs to be closed within 1k, and then snipes can happen.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
When I get home, I'll be streaming. I don't know what.

Rollercoaster Tycoon? Me eating hair?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think

if anyone here is involved in other gaming communities

just shamelessly spam the donation link on those forums

i don't think we have to completely rely on big-name organizations and sponsors to spread the word

Yobolight

Smash Lord
There should be an invasion of the Brawl, 64, PM forums in the hopes of smash solidarity because Melee at EVO strengthens the series regardless of the entree.

All the other smash forums too so no one is blameless if it Melee fails.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'll stream my video creation/editing process when I get home.

twitch.tv/progducto

Revven

FrankerZ
There should be an invasion of the Brawl, 64, PM forums in the hopes of smash solidarity because Melee at EVO strengthens the series regardless of the entree.

All the other smash forums too so no one is blameless if it Melee fails.
It's kind of maddening how probably like 60% of the community is still untapped simply because either A. they lack the care or B. are too concerned with how things have been in the past between the three different games.

****ing unite already, people should set aside the differences and just get this **** done. Everybody will be tons more happy in the end, both for the fact that we contributed to something we haven't done before and because of what the future holds for us.

We're bigger than anyone thinks we are, can we prove that much? Please? I was blown away with the first donation drive. I want to be mind ****ed by the end on the 31st.

I want to be able to say we did something good for the world and for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom