• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well there is a brawl tournament being held THIS SATURDAY back at the convent

hype hype

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey scott, you has been told. i think you should sit down now. seriously.

in other news, tibor and myself are discussing running tournaments also next year. there's a nearby primary school (less than 5 minute walk from my house) that has a rather large hall that we could rent for cheap.

and before you all ark up about wanting to run tournaments yourself, chill for a second, because the melbourne tourney scene doesnt need to be run by one individual. in fact, if we had 3 or 4 tourneys running every month, can you imagine how amazing we'd all be? not trying to take anything away from anyone here; i just wanna play good smash.

just discussions atm, but it could become a reality.

Splice

Smash Hero
Stigma B tourneys
Vermy + Connor tourneys
CW assisted tourneys

Trimonthlies, anyone?

Scoot why are you so arrogant? Just because someone misinterpreted your complaint, you call them stupid, when you could just explain and then be done with. The reason you get so much crap, is because you dish it out when it is uneeded. I don't care which tourney has the bigger pot, i'll just be going to the one you aren't at.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's true though, melbourne has terrible pots
i hear the guy who came 1st at rocky only got like $330, dunno why you'd bother

swordsaint

Smash Master
@ splice again. I don't think it's really your place to call me arrogant, last time I spoke to you on msn you gave me a lot of crap for no reason, randomly, even talked **** about some other Sydney players. So stfu.

Attila_

BRoomer
ok fine scoot, ill say it. youre arrogant. at least online. you seem like a very reasonable person irl. cept for the neckbeard.

OH NO HE DIDNT!

i asked you to calm down, you still wanted to make trouble, and now im pissed. your doing, not mine.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look scoot, heres what happens, you say things the wrong way, and they get taken the wrong way (can you blame them? you need to learnt to say what you mean) and then when they get taken the wrong way you arch up and start insulting people, which makes them rip into you and then you get sad/angry etc...

so learn to say what you mean, and learn not to get angry so easily.
one thing I will point out is that you get offended easily, but you expect others not to get offeneded by the things you say and do.

i think melee and brawl should merge and make up bi-monthlys. this would help the crossover between the two scenes, and allow everyone to play their game twice a month. running could be split also, id be prepared to help once im back in aus. because of time constraints, we could do like brawl + melee singles with brawl doubles one fortnight, and swap brawl doubles for melee doubles the next time. could work, and i think it would be a great way of getting more brawl/melee interest and provide larger turnouts.
I dunno, everytime we try to run brawl AND melee at the same tourney things always go over and it just takes too long imo.
splitting them up was melbournes thing and I think it worked really well.

anyways, canberra had the best pot guys, a 24 (or something like that) person tourney with a first prize of $180, sounds pretty good, imagine if I had the numbers melbourne is turning, and that was because payed the venue fee out of my own pocket /end brag.

but give the guys some respect, they run tourneys (which is tiring and annoying, just try it those of you who are so eager) pay for stuff with their own time and money and get stressed and put up with crap like me complaining that I always get bad seeding.

Splice

Smash Hero
@ splice again. I don't think it's really your place to call me arrogant, last time I spoke to you on msn you gave me a lot of crap for no reason, randomly, even talked **** about some other Sydney players. So stfu.
I just said i thought Tedeth was better than Shaya because of Out of State performance, and then you said that OoS performance didn't count because it wasn't in NSW, i tried to explain, then said you didn't understand, so you raged and blocked me.

Sorry. but i don't think I know anyone else would have reacted in such an immature matter.

My apologies if you're like this because no-one ever said "no" to you as a child, but can you take your ego somewhere else?

Also, what luke said.

swordsaint

Smash Master
way to cover yourself splice by not even referring to what i am

anyway, attila and luke you guys are both right

and like we said irl attila, we leave the smashboards dramas there, instead of inflating them in person

Splice

Smash Hero
way to cover yourself splice by not even referring to what i am

anyway, attila and luke you guys are both right

and like we said irl attila, we leave the smashboards dramas there, instead of inflating them in person
I don't think we've talked on MSN apart from that for ages.
I'd be ever so happy if you told me what else we were talking about, we didn't really have time for any other discussion coz you raged like a little *****

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Tourneys every week would be completely awesome. Tho if there was weekly tourneys, would anyone be able to go every single week, or would people alternate weeks or something?

Splice

Smash Hero
Three a month is close enough to once a week.
I dont know what you mean by the alternating weeks but, there doesn't necessarily need to be a leaderboard, so people can just attend when they want, although a leaderboard with points makes it more competitive, perhaps only one of those tourneys should have a leaderboard and people have the choice of attending/not attending the others?

S.D

Smash Master
I like how I was the second person to point this out and all of Melbourne is stupid enough to give me the crap for it.

Why are you all so dumb?
Regardless of your intent your posts are unnecessarily inflammatory and it really isn't surprising that you get the kind of response that you do. Whether you're right or not isn't the point.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It would be pretty sweet if we start having more frequent tourneys =). I tend to loose motivation to play when tourneys are soo far away (I would be soo much better if i actually practiced)

Someone should have a house meet soon ^_^. I would have it at mine but my parents most likely wouldnt let me =( + I'm the complete opposite direction to everyone, except for Jack and Conor

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I was going to say that all the tourneys contribute points to the same leaderboard, otherwise you get the inevitable issue of people who will turn up to only the leaderboard contributing tourney.

But then you get the issue of people having unbalanced results for the boards if people pick and choose tourneys with less powerful players in order to score more points.

ACTUALLY if we have power rankings the points and leaderboards become redundant and all the tourneys can count equally. Wow looks like i created a problem, and then solved it, all in the one post! =D

EDIT: I'll host the Whittlesea Smash Tournament Series. It will be epic. xD

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Ok for starters I have to clear my name. Shaya didn't show the quotes with the person who actually said it. First quote was mine about Shaya running singles, the second quote was X's I believe, about Melbourne's pot. Look it up Scoot your initial statement is directed at the wrong person, I didn't say a thing about money.

That out of the way, Cao made a good point about too frequent tourneys taking away the hype. So many tourneys in a month does indeed sound awesome but the man is right, it will end up being like n2c. People will find themselves not excited about the upcoming tourney because there was no wait involved you see?

On another note, 2010 is looking like it's gonna be alot of fun.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'd like to take the time, in this !500th! post, to announce that

S.D is a very awesome person and i love him.

(not even related to what you said above SD, but i feel i need to address this topic seriously, with my 500th post <3 )

Thank you for your time peoples.

Yay 500th post!

@Connor, I dont see why it's a problem if people only turn up to the leaderboard tourney. I mean, that's only a few people that would do that, and the majority will still go to all of them. Take Stigma Bryan/M/H or whatever it's called atm, for example. That doesn't have a leaderboard, people are attending.

However, you did already solve this problem through a single post, and as long as the PR is modified with each tourney, that's fantastic. And with 20 people on the leaderboard, there will always be change!

Amazing, i am in anticipation of the day that Melbourne Smash works like this.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
We should start having plushies as prizes, although ill never win them D;

And it would be funny giving a metaknight plushie to the winner and they start using it as a stress reliever, DIIIE METAKNIGHT -rips it to pieces-

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Thank you! =D Although it wouldn't need to be modified with each tourney, just at the end of every 1 or 2 months. Otherwise the discussion would get tedious, i imagine.

EDIT: LEISH I TOTALLY SUGGESTED THAT EARLIER!! =D HOW COOL IS IT??!! tibs can get like a billion plushies i guess thats cool. i would put some money towards that if other also did so 1-3 could get them

Attila_

BRoomer
jei makes a good point. i like hype. i want to keep the hype.

might still run something every once in a while though (given that i live out in the east, i cant imagine a large turnout anyway).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mm jei

and also especially with brawl, if there was a tourney every 2 weeks you'd get really sick of the game as well as tourneys having no hype

a month is just enough time to think "maybe the brawl tourney will actually be fun" before being wrong yet again
haaha

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah plushies are cool, its probably better then winning about 20ish dollars. I would put money towards it too because I'm super nice. :3

And yeah we need hype for tourneys D;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jei: "the second quote was X's I believe, about Melbourne's pot"
cbf contesting the pot sizes, but my pride as a TO is on the line here dawg. He made two claims :'(.

Also, these boards depress me, what a completely useless ****fest. And they occur too often. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom