• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yay the layout finally fixed itself up <3

it was like all buggered before, lawl. I need another char to counter G&w too, i find there's a lot in Melbourne... all my mains are bad match-ups against him ;/

swordsaint

Smash Master
How many people make it past pools, good sir?
I hope I get seeded good. I generally play a little worse in pools and get all scared about playing with the top players early in pools to get knocked out before a bracket. =/

Edit: that or I hope pools aren't done in august. :p

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Half hour lunch break?
Pools?
Weeeeeeeeeeeee. Lol Pools are good in that you get more games (which is always good) but after last times fiasco. Its ok I never take my lunch break anyways, friendlies + hunger ftw.
I'll run the whiteboard for you yeah Jei?
Edit: Oh crap I have to do good in pools? Also are we seeding the pools, because what happens if you hit a pool that is Tibz/Attila/Pony? You can't eliminate them for that.
Double Edit: Also on RANBATS Earl is still under Link/Snake, isn't he pretty much all MK now?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Well the half hour lunch break is timed so X and I can organize the pools and then we can jump straight into it.
As for the pools, if it's 4 people in each pool then only the top 2 will make it into the bracket, if it's 5 people then the top 3 will make it. That's what we are aiming for, if people don't like it, tough. Alot of pools allow only the player who comes first into the bracket.

Either way, the bracket should be considerably smaller this time which should run alot smoother than the last time we tried this. Plus we'll seed it properly so the results should be alot more accurate.

This is a request from alot of you so I hope you're happy =P

Splice

Smash Hero
I am happy Jei, thankyou ^_^

with pools pretty much the bottom 2 get knocked out, from what you sayin'. which is good.

also, the timetable suits me perfectly, so i am happy.

_X_

Smash Lord
Well the half hour lunch break is timed so X and I can organize the pools and then we can jump straight into it.
As for the pools, if it's 4 people in each pool then only the top 2 will make it into the bracket, if it's 5 people then the top 3 will make it. That's what we are aiming for, if people don't like it, tough. Alot of pools allow only the player who comes first into the bracket.

Either way, the bracket should be considerably smaller this time which should run alot smoother than the last time we tried this. Plus we'll seed it properly so the results should be alot more accurate.

God save us, everyone...

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

Lawl there goes my chances, probably wont even make it into the brackets xD, i guess its more who i get grouped with in pools... I'm thinking of picking up snake... anyone wanna teach me? =P lolol

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
My Bro(MiniMcGuy) and I will most likely be showing up for this. Will be our first competitive battling/tournament experience, we hope to learn a bit and meet some cool people. I hope to come to this each month, will have to see what happens, as I'm down on the Frankston line and often have other commitments.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
if you could organize a bye for me and tibs' first doubles match that would be appreciated, as ill be there after aths training, probs around midday...

Nixernator

Smash Ace
My Bro(MiniMcGuy) and I will most likely be showing up for this. Will be our first competitive battling/tournament experience, we hope to learn a bit and meet some cool people. I hope to come to this each month, will have to see what happens, as I'm down on the Frankston line and often have other commitments.
Well I'd like to say welcome to our scene guys. Everyone down there should be cool, just make sure you speak up and try to meet as many people as possible. Also try talking to Ledge I think he comes in on Frankston line as well.
And do you guys have wifi? I want a sneak peak of you ;).
Edit: DS, I have that problem with Falco, Marth, MK (;)). Lol

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
in regards to stigma b i am hoping that a poke'mon tourney will run alongside stigma b so we can have a bigger turnout and help pay for future events i have invited a few people to stigma b so they can see what it's like.

this will probably be benificail to us in the long run so anyone wanting to do some pokemon stuff make sure u bring it to stigma b ..bear in mind guys this might not happen but if people turn out it could be benificial to us. hopefully i'll get more details from people and we will even get a bigger crowd.

more people=more money for stigma-b
also on that note JEI if you want me to do "book keeping" i have done it before i will have to discuss this to you in person soon!!! HAPPY SMASHING

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Does this pokemon stuff include GBC pokemon? Please, Lol I'm too broke to get one of the new nintendo hand helds

Edit: Lets keep the amount of marth mains in melb as small as possible yeah? Hate marth so much =P.

_X_

Smash Lord
in regards to stigma b i am hoping that a poke'mon tourney will run alongside stigma b so we can have a bigger turnout and help pay for future events i have invited a few people to stigma b so they can see what it's like.

this will probably be benificail to us in the long run so anyone wanting to do some pokemon stuff make sure u bring it to stigma b ..bear in mind guys this might not happen but if people turn out it could be benificial to us. hopefully i'll get more details from people and we will even get a bigger crowd.

more people=more money for stigma-b
also on that note JEI if you want me to do "book keeping" i have done it before i will have to discuss this to you in person soon!!! HAPPY SMASHING
You guys can seriously do what ever you want, it's not a big problem for us and we'd LOVE more people to come <3

On the other hand, we cannot have the regular tournaments held up by Poke'mon battles and such.

As far as 'book keeping' goes, we're fine. No need to worry about it. Money is almost completely off our agenda for the most part.

ALSO:

coming to Jei's tomorrow.

Splice

Smash Hero
T-Rex
Nick (who hasn't come for a while)
Dekar (who doesn't attend consistently)
Timic

They all use Marth.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
T-Rex
Nick (who hasn't come for a while)
Dekar (who doesn't attend consistently)
Timic

They all use Marth.
none of these people main him, and dont play him as highly as they do their other players (except maybe dekar, who never comes anyway). i meant that we have no one who mains and owns with him, like shaya or something.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nick mains Marth and only Marth. But I can understand your confusion as there is a Nicks, Nix and Nick.
Nick is Jared's lil bro, small asian kid who is better than most here but never comes to tourneys *sadface*

On that note, I'm going to persuade Jared and Nick to come to this next tournament.

Cobalt team with me lol.

earla

Smash Lord
it's all good leish, you don't have to keep buying me all these gifts and such.

@jei, nicks and i'l be round mid arvo

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Okay, there is WAY too many single matches for me to upload, so I'm limiting singles down to the Finals, and whatever requests are placed within this thread, starting from now. Otherwise, I'm stopping uploading now ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom