• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Sunday is going to be Melee and Brawl teams.

Also, there will be an All Stars Crew Battle on Saturday, or if time doesn't allow, Sunday.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sd/turtle/unreon/zvx/pat/kulla coming? any of them?
thats a good ****en crew right there, any combination

aight looking forward to this.. a little

Vermy

Smash Champion
Sunday I'll be bringing my 360 set up with SSFIV and 2 Hori arcade sticks. Tak and Tibs rejoice.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
hey guys,
sorry if this has already been answered but how is this 2 day thing going to work?
is brawl on one day and melee on the other? and if so which day is brawl?
thanks

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Day 1 [Saturday 5th] - Melee crews, then Brawl crews.
Day 2 [Sunday 6th] - Melee and Brawl doubles run simultaneously.

All Star Crews will be run on Saturday if time allows, otherwise will be run Sunday.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
No he means you and me against everyone else. And we only have a stock each to make it fair.

....I think your ego is rubbing off on me.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
is tak trolling or just ******** lol

@s.d. the brawltards are
ya know, usual nsw contingent

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Dekar: its Brawl all stars crew, considering little (or no) melee OOS players are attending.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Tak, bring your tv and stick, I bring my ps3, ssf4 and stick :).

Vermz more sf!

Vermy

Smash Champion
On the Sunday, (considering the other CW guys will not be attending) I imagine there might be a few spare TVs. Should be OK to use one for your ps3 setup, Tibs. =)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I play on standard definition =/

The only problem with taking my TV is that someone is able to drive me there and home for both of the days =(

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i have on good authority that shaya isnt coming, and either is toby. thats a large chunk of nsw not coming...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
For anyone that is asking questions about how Day 1 and 2 aew working out, here's the completely updated first post of the DC2 thread! It should answer all questions about the tournament.

Were you veteran enough to remember Don't Come in Sydney 2008? It was nice, since it was the world's first tournament to exclude singles. I don't like singles very much. It worked out pretty well - lots of people turned up to fight for their friends instead for themselves. This made a social atmosphere of a different kind and that's something I'd like to bring to Melbourne, which could always do with some variance. Of course, if you don't like it, don't come.

First things first.
This isn't a major tournament. This isn't even a standard tournament. This is a tournament designed to experiment with the usual tournament formula and find new ways to engage a competitive Smash audience.

It's a crew battle tournament with a twist!​

THE ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS
(For Brawl!)

• Each crew is to have 4 people in their crew. If this is found to be impossible, a 5 person crew will be granted.
  • Each crew will posses 12 stock, which must be distributed as evenly as possible.
  • Players are not required to use an assigned character.
  • *NEW* Seeded players (chosen on the day of the tournament by the TO), will have a handicap of one character strike against any person within their crew, cast by the opposing crew before a set begins.
  • Seeding will be determined by the tournament organizer.
  • Brawl exclusive rule: No crew is allowed to have more than one unique S tier character.
  • This will be a double elimination tournament.
  • All character restrictions may be removed in the championship final, upon the agreement of both crews.
  • The winning crew takes all.
  • No time limit enforced.
  • Stages on random select (1 stage strike allowed per game): Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Lylat Cruise (stagelist subject to change).
  • All other standard rules apply. The TO will settle disputes upon his/her discretion.

THE ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS
(For Melee!)

• Each crew is to have 4 people in their crew. If this is found to be impossible, a 5 person crew will be granted.
  • Each crew will posses 16 stock, which must be distributed as evenly as possible.
  • Players are not required to use an assigned character.
  • *NEW* Seeded players (chosen on the day of the tournament by the TO), will have a handicap of one character strike against any person within their crew, cast by the opposing crew before a set begins.
  • Seeding will be determined by the tournament organizer.
  • This will be a double elimination tournament.
  • All character restrictions may be removed in the championship final, upon the agreement of both crews.
  • The winning crew takes all.
  • No time limit enforced.
  • Stages on random select (1 stage strike allowed per game): FD, BF, DL64, FOD, PS, YS.
  • All other standard rules apply. The TO will settle disputes upon his/her discretion.

DAY 1
Start Time: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 1:00pm
End Time: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 10:00pm

DAY 2
Start Time: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 1:00pm
End Time: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 10:00pm

Street: 1 St. Heliers Street
City/Town: Abbotsford, Australia

Location Map:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=abbotsford+convent&amp;sll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;sspn=0.009228,0.01929&amp;gl=au&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=abbotsford+convent&amp;hnear=&amp;radius=15000&amp;ll=-37.793168,145.00803&amp;spn=0.005866,0.009634&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;cid=15814101279004658503&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=abbotsford+convent&amp;sll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;sspn=0.009228,0.01929&amp;gl=au&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=abbotsford+convent&amp;hnear=&amp;radius=15000&amp;ll=-37.793168,145.00803&amp;spn=0.005866,0.009634&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;cid=15814101279004658503" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Remember, your attendance to CouchWarriors events throughout will enhance the delivery of this year's national Robocop tournament. So please show your support!

New to the scene?
If you're new to the tournament scene here is a couple of frequent Q&A's:
"Is this for pros only?" - The tournaments are open for everybody. The skill range is diverse, so don't be discouraged from attending. Not everyone that comes to the tournaments are competitive. Most are friendly and welcoming of new people. A lot of us are also a fair lot more outgoing than your average gamer. We are a community-based legion of Smash Brothers.
"What is the average age of a Smasher?" - Smashers are your typical gamer age. Those that come to the tournaments are between 14 and 25 years old. Bring a friend. Or two.
"Who can I call if I need help?" - CAO! On 0466352145.

Schedule:
Saturday:
1pm - 5pm: Brawl Crews
5pm - 9pm: Melee Crews

Sunday:
4pm - 8pm: Brawl Teams
4pm - 8pm: Melee Teams
8pm - 10pm: Brawl Interstate Crews

Rules:
Refer to the Standard Rocky Ruleset for both games.

Entry fees: $5 CouchWarriors Entry Fee for Saturday, $5 CouchWarriors fee for Sunday
$10 pot fee per person, per game - 100% of this collection goes back into the pot.
There is no Melee Teams cost, there is no Interstate Crew costs, the Brawl Teams cost is unannounced.

Pot Distribution = 1st = 100% = WINNING CREW TAKES ALL

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
cao talk to me (if you want to) about who should be seeded or not, id be keen to figure it out within the next week or two, and release a list before the event starts, so people can do some pre-planning/praccing (you gotta work on your marth l0llllll)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We only have the venue from 4? Why the **** would we do teams twice?
By the way, the second day is only going ahead once I get the confirmation with you that it's going ahead. Also, need to know the cost, considering hours are reduced.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay Splice said he wasn't coming to this (due to working and exams), and said that since I don't have a crew, I could take his spot on the Dekar/Gary/Toshi crew. How do you guys feel about that?

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah 'coz Afro isn't in a state of being able to make it either 'coz he's got Exams too. No work, but like, he goes to Melbourne Uni so gotta think 'bout that y'know?

So I think Toshi should replace me, and Condog should replace Afropony.
Or Condog can replace me, and Toshiba can replace Afropony.
It really depends on what you want, I suppose.

Yeah.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Wait wha-?

I thought I was in Vermy's crew for Brawl. I don't ever remember Splice asking me to be in his crew.

Lies. All LIES!

Splice

Smash Hero
You werent on MSN and 'sif im gonna email you.

SO have fun working with Conor he's really happy to crew with you Toshi and is quite hyped up about the oppurtunity. Make it work yeah?

earla

Smash Lord
yo gary and toshi. let's crew up for brawl?

nicks, me, gary, tosh

Top Bottom