• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

Splice

Smash Hero
In Brawl Luigi walks like a crab.
And you can make him slide whilst walking like a crab. I forget how to do it.
So, you know, not too bad.

earla

Smash Lord
Sunday:
4pm - 10pm: Brawl Crews
4pm - 10pm: Melee Teams confirmed?

why does it say start time 1 pm on sunday tho?

+ sorry to melee crew, i was told melee crews was starting at the same time as brawl doubles. not the case.

i informed tibz

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sunday:
4pm - 10pm: Brawl Crews
4pm - 10pm: Melee Teams confirmed?

why does it say start time 1 pm on sunday tho?

+ sorry to melee crew, i was told melee crews was starting at the same time as brawl doubles. not the case.

i informed tibz
That's a shame, you missed on what was probably the best tournament we had all year. Crews atmosphere changed EVERYTHING. But Brawl Teams was hella fun.
To clarify for tomorrow: We start at 4pm, so EVERYONE please arrive at 4pm and no later, or else we run the risk of not finishing. Earl and Nicks are punctual people, why can't everyone else do their bit as well? :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yes, today most assuredly was my favourite tourney of the year. heaps of fun. seriously. what is this singles trash that everyone talks about?

in other news, if someone was able to house scabe on sunday night that would be awesome; ive got a fairly early start on monday and cant babysit.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Brawl Teams Results off my head:
1. Tibs and Attila
2. ZXV and CAOTIC
3. Tedeth and Luke_Atyeo
4. Earl and Nicks

Melee 4v4:
1. Dekar/Redact/Toshiba/CATS, CAOTIC/Jei/Tak/Mikul (set tied 1-1 all, to conclude on day 2)
2. Tedeth/Luke_Atyeo/ZXV/Meteor

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
tons of fun guys, thought i would hate tourney but it was great

surgi - dont beat urself up man, i did that when i lost to tibs and look where i am, off the pr
7 stocks - YEAH
11 stocks - **** YEAH
legion? - great marth man cant beleive u were so good
edge - ur awesome
dekar - ice ice baby... cool melee hack gimme tomoz

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Yesterday was Hella fun. I am happy I was there to witness the end, since I always have to leave early. I can't make it today I don't think, mainly because I can't afford it and my dad is making me study for exmas next week.

Sorry to everyone. Someone PM me with the Melee crews results so I can finish the bracket and post it here. That, or text me on 0420 750 636

Edit: YAY I can attend today, but only untill like 7:30

I will be there at approximately 3:30

I will team with Toshi today as he offered last month, sorry Timic, we can team next month and **** as double peachies k? <3 thanks for the offer though ^_^

I'll bring my laptop for Tio but I can't assure you I will be there at for the finals matches, so we will have to be really quick.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Apparently having FD as a starter when there are under 7 on the list is unbalanced. Don't ask me why, lol.

So Attila, what's with the keyboard-controller? :p

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Second day was a massive sadface. Melee teams started when I had to leave. Next time make sure you put games in priority of not sucking.

1. Melee
2. Brawl

Melee teams should have been before Brawl crews it was dumb that it wasn't

Shout out time ^_^

Timic - Next month = Team Peach. I finally beat your IC's :D
Toshi - Sorry that I couldn't be there for teams -_- ugh stupid exams
Redact - Good friendlies, I think I'm improving seeing as you don't 4 stock me now like you used to
Attila - Best controller ever :D i gotta gets me one a dem
Cao - Thanks for sandbagging and SD'ing in that match I won ^_^ <3 good job with the Tourney
Dekar - Didn't play you enough this month, next time moar frendlees!
Em - COME TO MONTHLIES
Tibs - Wow man, we are so even in skill, yet you perform 100x better than me under pressure. Amazing spacing with your marth in crews.
Zxv - You are very very good for someone I had never heard of XD
Everyone else - <3

Edit: Scabe is better than me on the piano.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
*Cries* wish I could have gone to this now, looks epic.

ZXV & Cao lawl wtf that's... unpredictable. Did you both use Peach the whole way? I think you two have the best Peaches in Aus anyway. You should have won, not the **** monkey and snake siiigh jks. <3

ViVa

Smash Ace
use luigi - he's like exactly the same only better
I did use Luigi, but I played him with a modified version of my Mario playstyle. :p

Worked okay I guess, I think I did something cool when I was playing zxv on the tv with the projector because people were all like OHHH at some point.

Might do some shoutouts tomorrow or something.

Also, WTF @ alzi's picture.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
gonna do shout-outs later, everything was epic fun

jeis a champ for hosting the entire community

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
ya 2nd day was cool too, this crew thing is so great

verms: ty for matches in ssf4
tak: same
edge: 2 falcons 1 win
zxv: peach is seriously 2nd best in brawl now

anyone up for something during the week, exams are over for me and i got week off

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
*Cries* wish I could have gone to this now, looks epic.

ZXV & Cao lawl wtf that's... unpredictable. Did you both use Peach the whole way? I think you two have the best Peaches in Aus anyway. You should have won, not the **** monkey and snake siiigh jks. <3
Tibs and Attila have good Peach exp.

so Zxv and I (went both Peach the whole way), lost 0-3 in winners finals, but did better 2-3 in championship finals. :grin:

I want to learn Peach properly now!

Edit: Anyone who skipped on on the Don't Come series has seriously missed out. Luckily, more are being planned for the future in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
whats wrong attila,
too FAIR for you?
Apparently having FD as a starter when there are under 7 on the list is unbalanced. Don't ask me why, lol.

So Attila, what's with the keyboard-controller? :p
lylat and yi are FAIR? that doesnt make sense to me. i dont see why characters can be forced to play on stages with uneven floors.

I want to learn Peach properly now!

Edit: Anyone who skipped on on the Don't Come series has seriously missed out. Luckily, more are being planned for the future in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane!
really? ill teach you. firstly, glide tossing is NOT the same as dash throwing :p

oh, and this was probably the best tourney ive been to, even if there was some noob pikachu in my crew i got killed by a bomb-om.and tripped into a gw dsmash.

seriously. 24 people turnout? you all missed out.

shoutouts later; i is sick.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Ahh good games guys - to everyone i played and the epic matches i saw on the big screen. Nice to see you again Ricky, Luke, Ted and Scabe <<333
Lol my crew died really badly hahaha, but it's all good; had lots of fun anyway. Sorry for screwing up Melee finals Cao, Hunter is sad :')

swordsaint

Smash Master
attila, you're not forced to play on those stages, if you dont like them you strike them.

the whole idea is to find a balanced stage (note the lack of plural) in almost every match up for a starter. basically, FD benefits campers and some other characters a bit more than some people think. Whereas slants dont really hurt anyone unless....well unless you suck really. :p

but seriously. if you're having trouble on slants more than you should you neeed to practice on them more because they dont hurt that bad.

its because if there is BF + smashville + FD, most campers and projectile uses are ALWAYS going to get a stage they love. The LEAST fair of said three stages is FD.

earla

Smash Lord
gratz tibz attila for doubles champs
peach duo did fantastic as well, highly entertaining.

gratz to winning sydney crew ted, luke, zxv, ricky

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll do full shoutouts later, but:

Scabe/Anyone that can rock the piano: Learn a VG boss theme to replace Smash music and you can play it on stage next time <3

lol Melee finals, Bwyan, Hunter is meow.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'll do full shoutouts later, but:

Scabe/Anyone that can rock the piano: Learn a VG boss theme to replace Smash music and you can play it on stage next time <3

lol Melee finals, Bwyan, Hunter is meow.
forte has been doing piano for many many years

ffffffffff i forgot to force him to play it later on
so cut now

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Really sorry about how I was on Sunday (to Cao and Jei especially) not having meds for 2 days seems to have an effect on my mood and hence makes me really not want to put effort into playing + makes me extremely tired =/. Saturday was awesome though, people should learn to play SF3 or at least enter it so it doesn't die =).

Shoutouts later too tired atm

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
match of the day, dekar V tak, get wrecked!!!

lololol at alzi's picture.

Second day was a massive sadface. Melee teams started when I had to leave. Next time make sure you put games in priority of not sucking.

1. Melee
2. Brawl

just like we had people staying in order of not sucking

1. surgi
2. everyone else.

brawl bashing is so 2008 noob.

shoutouts:

my crew:
you are all the ****, sorry for having to do all my work for me, but I came through in the end ;) (twss)

melbourne brawl scene: get better

melbourne melee scene: ****ing rad.

thanks to dekar and redact for showing me stuffs in melee and being awesome, I want my hacked copy of brawl signed by dekar thx.

scabe: you had sooo much fun, dont deny it. also your toon is broken.

conner: thanks for housing again and stuff, you did good in crews too

julian/wolfy/legion/gay?/king of act: you need less tags imo scrub, good work in brawl crews, you did well.

cao/zxv peach team: **** my life.

cbf the rest soz

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Will end up doing a shout outs when I have some time/finish cleaning the house lol.

I'm posting because I am in possession of a few items that have been left at my house or at the Convent:

*One red Bleach jumper
*One black Itachi t-shirt
*One wii-mote in a rubber jacket
*One SD card that was left in my Wii.

That's what I've found so far, there could be more.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'll post some shoutouts now that I'm not busy from "studying" :)

ACT Julian: nice to see you come down, and thanks for teaming with me. I think you're a good player, we just didn't team well, and got unlucky at having to play Ted and Luke in losers. Fun playing you in Brawl crews as well, I had no idea what to do against those zair and bombs :confused:

ViVa: shame we didn't get to crew, but I think you had more success without me dragging the team down. You smashed us in doubles! Fun friendlies throughout the weekend, random teams is pretty fun! I don't think we played any friendlies with our mains though, but we do enough of that anyway.

Leisha: a little disappointed we didn't get to crew, but then your crew beat mine :(. I can see you've improved as a player, hope you keep it up. You smashed us in doubles! You're a nice person to talk to, shame I don't talk back much.

Tedeth and Luke: I was a little suprised we had to play you two in doubles. We got wrecked :(. Luke's still really good, and I think this was my first time playing Tedeth and he lives up to his high reputation. Also glad to see Luke's famous Ganondorf in action.

Toshi: thanks for putting up with me in those Melee friendlies, as soon as I thought I was getting better you would go and 3/4-stock me the next match. You're funny to talk to. I hope I wasn't too disappointing as a last-minute addition to your Brawl crew. You're quite bad at Lightning Brawl.

Khoa: I friendlied you a lot at this tournament, I like that. I'm always suprised at the amount of characters you're good at. I don't think I've ever beaten your Diddy Kong :confused: You did a good job in crews I thought.

Vermy: your Squirtle and Charizard are quite good. It's a shame we didn't do too well in crews, it seems you got stuck with the wrong Pokémon out a bit and that cost you. Apart from that I didn't actually play you so I don't have much to say :)

Conor: your King Dedede is quite good. My crew were a little worried you were going to be sent out against me because you apparently know the infinite and I don't. Fun teams friendlies on Saturday, "Wow, Kirby's so gay to play against!":)

Scabe: was good to play you again now that we're both a bit more experienced. But you still beat me more than I beat you! Fun friendlies, I'm certain that I'm boring and campy to play against though :( and I got lucky a few times. I did not enjoy playing your Meta Knight on Sunday :), too good.

Earl: it seems I will soon be overtaken by yet another aspiring Marth. I enjoyed our friendlies on Saturday morning. If you need Marth advice I can always give some although I think you will soon be better than I am. You got a little unlucky in crews against me, I just landed an early gimp. Nice Shieldbreaker :D

Ledge: your Olimar is quite difficult to play against. I thought you did well to bring it back after I got an early edgeguard. Your Snake also provided some highlights when I was spectating. It's been a while since I've played your Meta Knight.

Nicks and MM: cheers for the handful of teams friendlies we played. I'm sorry I wasn't a very good partner Ricky :(, your Jigglypuff was amazing. Good playing/seeing you again Nicks :)

Drix and Edge: I played a lot of friendlies against Drix this tournament, which was good because I don't think I've played him before. Double Charizard against double Ivysaur was silly. Edge is cool, but he seems to SD whenever I play him. Also fun friendlies.

Attila: fun friendlies. Double Falcon Punch kill was awesome! It looked like you enjoyed the tournament, good to see.

Joey: I like how you said you were leaving 3 hours before you actually did. I enjoy our conversations.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Although my performance was poor, I enjoyed the tournament. Apparently my TV blacks out occasionally? It doesn't do that at home, I'm sorry if it affected any tournament matches. I'll bring a different TV next time. I'll also try to not be horrible at Melee by next tournament I go to, which won't be the next one if it gets booked for the first weekend of July. See everyone 'round.

Top Bottom