• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Don't Come 2 (June 5-6)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
viva's going? ****, gotta get some mario v luigi in.

also for old times sake, I'd like to do some mario luigi team hog****, who wants to team money match me and viva?

Splice

Smash Hero
for crews i think you (VIC) should have

Tibs, Attila, Earl, Ledge <-- definitely
and then any of Condog, Viva or Dekar or Jei.

Anyway.
Does anyone have any spots at all left on their crew? Timic needs a crew still and it would be nice if you know, he could get one? Just saying coz I don't think his thread in FFFF helped him much... lol

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Choose the other two based on how we play on the day imo. I would really like to be in the crew, but if I play **** I won't want to **** it up for everyone.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know a bit better how these battles work.

are they 1v1 battles?

and can I choose which character I want?

tibs7

Smash Champion
its pretty much 1v1 but you have 4 people in your 'crew' if you beat your opponent with 2 stock remaining you keep 2 stock and play the next person and so on...
caotic will decide on who gets there character banned.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
character bans:
cao will choose people on the day who are considered TOO GOOD and can have a character "banned" from a crew battle
not necessarily their 'main', just whatever character the opposing crew decides they want to ban

eg. "we ban splice from using game and watch"

for grand finals, if both crews agree there can be no bans for eligible players on both crews
if not, bans as per usual

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Cao could you decide on who gets their characters banned or not before the tournament? If I am eligible for a ban I would like to know so i can focus on other characters.

kupo

Smash Lord
Hello.

Sorry to say, but I won't be able to make this. Personal and work commitments are in conflict and I have no desire to play the game at this current time. Hopefully the desire to play will start to kick in when Robocop draws near.

May see you guys in later monthlies or at RC or maybe never! We'll see... haha

Have fun!

BOL to bieberf*g_69

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh man, just got ***** by airfares due to just booking now lol, cao you better make this tourney amazingly amazing

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I had to wait to other canberra noobs to get their act together, as well as the guy who does the shifts at my work who is the biggest ****head in the world, and has to be constantly reminded and called about ****, except for the fact that he never answers his phone at work and 'doesnt get emails' even if he replays to said emails that he never got.

Splice

Smash Hero

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh man, just got ***** by airfares due to just booking now lol, cao you better make this tourney amazingly amazing
***NEW*** I updated the ruleset on physical print, but Brawl will have the 1-2-2-1 stage striking before each match. Melee will have a 1-2-2-1-1-2 stage striking before each match, with the inclusion of Rainbow Cruise to make a total of 7 stages.

***NEW*** Ted's rule: Timed 8 minute crew matches will be reintroduced - in the event of a time out both players will lose the amount of stock equivalent to... something. Ted can explain it :grin:

***NEW*** We're eating at that Thai place Luke through was ****. Or his suggestion.

Enjoy your sweeteners!

Oh, and the TVs are safe at the Convent - and Sunday is locked in and confirmed!

Condog, you're so banned, don't come! ;)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think the rule is
if time ends and A has 1 stock and B has 4 stock
then 1 stock is taken off both and B plays the next person with 3 stock
(stock is taken off both players until one has 0)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Ted's Rule: If it times out, both players lose stock equal to the number of stock their opponent has left.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i agree with the person that said "cao tell us who is eligable for banz before the event"
it's important

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
need a new 4th crew member for biEbEr_fEvEr69 since em bailed

youll be with toshi/dekar/me

looking for someone who wants to win kthx

tibs7

Smash Champion
to ditch forte, or to not ditch forte.....that is the question

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no ban on scabe please, its not like he doesnt already play the worst character ever

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Seeded people will include everyone listed on the VIC and NSW PRs, including players who would otherwise be in the list but who have been asked to be removed (Jei, Attila: BVPR). Dekar is unseeded for Brawl.

Top Bottom