• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman - Read my last post in the thread and think hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I added both of you. And for the people concerned about megamans size, he is about the size of a regular human, so he should be only a little bit smaller than samus. If it looks weird i will make him smaller.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I should mention this, but I created a Mega Man moveset before. It's being used in Super Smash Flash 2 at the moment, but will be improved the next demo a bit.

Maybe you could use it for ideas?

Smash Ace
Could you give us the info on it? Personally i like my idea but i dont know much about ours, it could be worlds better than mine.

Smash Ace
You guys pick what boss powers are gonna be used. 1 from megaman 1 - 6 (each game gets 1 power). Go. Personally i think we should have airman as 1 power.

Smash Ace
Ok well ive implemented color changes (1 per boos power) and im yet to test it (hopefully i will be able to in a few hours, as i should be getting my SD back).

So from this point on i probably wont need testers (i might), but just in case anyone wants to talk to me about the moveset, my MSN is raam.carmine@hotmail.com and my skype is vile-- .

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Salvaged this moveset I made for Mega Man a while back. I had to go through 500+ Pages on Gamefaqs for this.

A:punch with left arm.
AA:punch left, then right.
AAA:punch left, then right, then Kick forward.
A(Repeatedly): Fires small blasts repeatedly in front of him.(Like Samus' USmash, but horizontal, and much weaker. Keeps going until A is not being pressed.)

FTilt:He does a little uppercut, like Mario's UTilt.
UTilt:He does his launcher from MvC. A horse kick aimed upwards.
DTilt:He does a sweeping Kick, like Sonic's DTilt.
Dash Attack:He does A Slide. Just a normal slide that trips who it hits.

NAir:Sexkick. Self-explanatory.
UAir:Shoots a small blast upwards, giving him slight downwards momentum(Think of Ivysaur's UAir)
FAir:He does a Downwards hooking slam with his buster. Spikes at the tip of the buster.
BAir:He does a backflip, ending in a kick backwards.
DAir:A sort of Vertical Sexkick, which makes him fall slightly faster.

FSmash:Thrusts Forward with the Buster, Ending in a blast at the tip.
USmash:A Roundhouse Kick, followed by a Shot upwards.
DSmash:The Charge Kick from Mega Man 5. He Charges in place, and then Slides for a distance proportional to how much it has been charged. Like a chargeable Falcon Kick. Full charged would go about 3/4 of FD's distance.

Grab:Reach forward with both hands. About Mario/Luigi's grab range.
FThrow:Kicks them away.
UThrow:Throws them upwards and fires 2-3 shots.(Fox/Falco's)
DThrow:He pins them to the ground, and shoots them in the face. IN THE FACE!
BThrow:He rolls backwards once and blasts them off with his buster.
Pummel:Fire a shot at them while they are grabbed.

SPECIALS:
NEUTRAL: Mega Buster
Mega Man can fire 3 shots rapidly, and only 3 shots may appear on the screen at once. The Mega Buster can be charged up to 2 levels. The first level has Mega Man glowing a sort of Aquamarine color, with light of the same color radiating off of him. The blast from this is not enough to kill, but it's not going to be pleasant if you're hit by it. The second level of charge is the strongest, and has him glowing a brighter green. This blast can kill if the opponent isn't careful.

SIDE: Tornado Hold
Mega Man fires a Fan in front of him. It goes farther if you hold B. When it lands, if it hits someone, they are stunned momentarily. Once it touches the ground, it starts blowing air upwards. This acts in a way similar to the air in Pokemon Stadium 2. If shot onto a wall, it will blow sideways, pushing anyone in the line of fire in that direction. (Say what you want, this move worked wonders in MvC...)

UP: Flight Adapter
Rush appears quickly, and attaches to Mega Man. It takes a second to attach, but when Mega Man and Rush finally combine, Mega Man has free roam in the air. However, Rush only has so much energy. Rush can carry him for about as long as Pit's Up B lasts. When Rush leaves, Mega Man is left helpless.

DOWN: Leaf Shield
Mega Man creates a shield of leaves around him. These leaves block any projectile. If attacked, Mega Man gets knocked back, but takes no damage, and the leaves go away. When Down B is pressed again, Mega Man fires the Leaf Shield. The player may make the Leaf Shield move Downwards, Upwards, Forwards, or backwards. Inside the Leaf Shield, Mega Man can only do his normal attacks. He can't use any specials.

Final Smash: Hyper Megaman
Mega Man summons his robot buddies Rush and Beat. They attach to him, and then he grows larger and more detailed. He fires a massive laser beam, with multiple extra projectiles shaped like Rush and Beat. After he fires it, he returns to normal, and Beat and Rush leave.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been able to work on my X moveset yet. (I was sick and when I'm not, I'm busy with school)
So hopefully, I'll take some time today to do so.

Doval

Smash Lord
@Vile: I think you're far too focused on Mega Man canonically and overlooking general Smash character design and gameplay balance. Sure, it'd be cool if he had 6 specials, but that doesn't mean he should have them, or that you can pick any 6 at random. MvC2 Mega Man had only 3 weapons, and they each served a distinct purpose. Each could be used to attack, but Leaf Shield was primarily defensive, Rock Ball was primarily for space control and Tornado Hold was primarily for spacing. You don't even have to go that far, though, just looks at Samus. She has one beam - no Ice Beam, no Spazer, no Wave Beam, no Plasma Beam, or any combination of those. No Super Bomb or Shinespark or Beam Combos. Technically she should have them, but common sense and gameplay balance dictates a limit to her options.

I mostly like Nihongo's moveset, except for some moves that seem like a bit too much artistic liberty (Buster punches, buster punches ending in shots, and upwards/downwards shots seem pretty out of character to me.)

Also while I feel that Rush Jet or Flight Adapter are both fitting recoveries, they should be weaker than Pit's.

And a Charge Kick that slides 3/4 of the way of FD is just ridiculous.

The Cape

Smash Master
I actually began putting together a mega man (I think X) moveset. I can bring it up later and post it to get opinions for this project.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
@Vile: I think you're far too focused on Mega Man canonically and overlooking general Smash character design and gameplay balance. Sure, it'd be cool if he had 6 specials, but that doesn't mean he should have them, or that you can pick any 6 at random. MvC2 Mega Man had only 3 weapons, and they each served a distinct purpose. Each could be used to attack, but Leaf Shield was primarily defensive, Rock Ball was primarily for space control and Tornado Hold was primarily for spacing. You don't even have to go that far, though, just looks at Samus. She has one beam - no Ice Beam, no Spazer, no Wave Beam, no Plasma Beam, or any combination of those. No Super Bomb or Shinespark or Beam Combos. Technically she should have them, but common sense and gameplay balance dictates a limit to her options.

I mostly like Nihongo's moveset, except for some moves that seem like a bit too much artistic liberty (Buster punches, buster punches ending in shots, and upwards/downwards shots seem pretty out of character to me.)

Also while I feel that Rush Jet or Flight Adapter are both fitting recoveries, they should be weaker than Pit's.

I agree 100% with you, again. Haha.

I actually began putting together a mega man (I think X) moveset. I can bring it up later and post it to get opinions for this project.
I'll be waiting for it! It might be actually much better than mine.
I've got an incomplete moveset for Zero. But he's not one we're focusing on right now.

Doval

Smash Lord
Actually I'm not too keen on the Charge Kick in the first place; seems out of place to mix in a single Robot Master ability among his normal moves. I feel it should be all or nothing - either his weapons are confined to specials, or you integrate more of his weapons into his normals.

I'd also like to point out that in both MvC2 and Tatsunoko VS Capcom (yes, I realize Volnutt is not classic Mega Man, but he plays like him despite having a completely different Buster mechanic in his game), Mega Man has to "make a commitment" to his weapon. In both games he has 3 weapons available but needs to switch them before he can attack with a different one.

I'm actually kind of mixed about the Tornado Hold on walls. On the one hand the move's never stuck to walls. On the other hand most Smash stages don't have walls, and sticking it to a wall to get a horizontal hold would be pretty neat.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

Well, I liked it...Meh. You gotta love the throws, though.

But those are all things that I could see Mega Man doing. You can't say that seeing Mega Man hold someone down and shoot them in the face wouldn't be cool. You just can't.

How can anything be weaker than Pit's recovery? He can't do anything BUT recover XD. I also had the thought of Beat Plane for a moment.

And...Have you seen the Falcon Kick's range? Falcon Kick's range is about 2/4 or 3/4 of FD's range. That is, Unblocked by anything.

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Regular human size, huh. In my opinion, he should be about the size of Mario, so in the end you might want to reconsider his height but hes sounding fine as he is right now. And I agree with RoyMaster4 because the design for Megaman's attacks used in Super Smash Flash 2 really have a good concept and not to much repetitivity in his moveset. Oh, and also the moveset used in SSF2 gives me an idea on a side-smash. You could use that side-smash concept used by PSA characters such as Phoenix Mario and Echo-Blade Sheik as a flame-sword attack for Megaman, like the one featured in Smash Flash 2.

Doval

Smash Lord
But those are all things that I could see Mega Man doing. You can't say that seeing Mega Man hold someone down and shoot them in the face wouldn't be cool. You just can't.
It's not that he can't do them. It's not that they're not cool moves. It's that he wouldn't do them. Some moves are simply out of place in a character, no matter how cool they are. Smashing your elbow or knee into your opponent's face is cool and all, but it's not something Mario would do, for instance. The sort of flashy, violent, show-offy moves I'm complaining about are best reserved for, say, Bass, who has little sense of morality and only cares about being the strongest.

Mega Man is kind-hearted and childish. He's never been serious business. His MvC2 moveset was nothing but basic punches and plenty of straightforward kicks (kicking is a big thing for Mega Man, what with his favorite sport being soccer, and his sliding ability, and all that.) Nothing fancy, nothing brutal; close range isn't supposed to be his forté after all. His taunt is sticking out his tongue at you while making a funny face and making weird sounds, for god's sake.

Also I missed this earlier but strictly speaking, Mega Man should be a lot shorter than Samus; Samus is 6'3" armored, Mega Man is just a boy (physically.) Of course, Super Smash Bros has never done characters to scale (Pikachu, Kirby, and Olimar are all testaments to this.) You should try starting out at Mario or Luigi's height and slowly scaling up his size if that makes him look too short.

Smash Ace
Ok Doval, i can see your point in having too many specials is just too much, too messy, but it wouldn't be unbalanced. Either way ill just make 3 special beams and at this point in time im thinking about just making them up since no one cares about the matter in question. They just care about it being a generic brawl character because its sure to be balanced (which that's not true). I will be following the basic brawl structures, its not like his whole game will be about specials Plus im not making this moveset so the public will be happy, im making it for myself and im asking for you guys to contribute to make it better. This moveset is for me, but if other people like it, i don't mind them playing with it.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, today. Vile and I chat on MSN and came to a conclusion. We chose 3 specials.
I won't mention them, seeing as how Vile ain't aware of this post.
I hope I'm not interfering with your plans, Vile.

I'm off to bed, dead tired and sick. See ya.

Leaf Shield is definitely in though.

Smash Ace
Ill reveal them, they will just probably cause "ITS UNBALANCED", but ill tell you now, it will be balanced.

Leaf Shield
Napalm Bomb
Fire (Flame?) Pillar

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Ill reveal them, they will just probably cause "ITS UNBALANCED", but ill tell you now, it will be balanced.

Leaf Shield
Napalm Bomb
Fire (Flame?) Pillar
THAT'S SO BROKEN

But for serious. Sounds pretty awesome to me! If I'm thinking of the right Fire Pillar (Flame Man's weapon?) then it will be amazing. Like an arced, quicker to use, weaker PK Fire. Is such a thing even possible to make?

Smash Ace
Yeh i know how, ill look into articles more first. But what i think will be hard will be napalm bomb, it will be like fire pillar, but gayer.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Yeh i know how, ill look into articles more first. But what i think will be hard will be napalm bomb, it will be like fire pillar, but gayer.
I should be sleeping. But I woke up a while ago. Just passing by quickly..
I'd suggest making it like a bob-bomb (I don't care how's it spelled >_>), but much slower. Or give it some side effect...

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I think you should just look at Megaman in the Marvel. They integrated all of his attacks perfectly. The Flasme Pillar could just be like the Tornado hold. The idea that one guy had about taking knockback but no damage would be perfectly good. Not broken. I'd just love to see the final product in all of this. Good luck to you Vile!

Smash Ace
Alright guys, truth is i have the knowledge to make the Buster work, but PSA does not have enough (named) event for me to do so. Until i find out more events, then i can actually do the moveset.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i havnt given much thought to X and Axl

but Zero on the other hand his move set could be as fallowed:

up B: Dragon flam blade - Megaman X4 or Electric blade From Megaman X5
Side B: Twin phantoms or Jetting water soaring - Megaman X6
Neutral B: Thunder blade attack - Megaman X4
Down B: Ice Fury Slash - Megaman X4 or Finishing ground flame Megaman X5

Side Tilt: Spinning chaser slash - Megaman X6
Up Tilt: Soaring flame slash (animation no fire FX) - Megaman X6
Down Tilt: His ingame Down Tilt - Megaman X6
Jab Combo: Can be his standard combo - Megaman x Series.
Dash Attack: Hurricane Fang Megaman X4

Forward Air: Crescent-moon Slash - Megaman X5
Neutral Air: jump attack - Megaman X series
Back Air: Air Circling Slash - Megaman X4
Down Air: Falling steel blade (animation Only No Steel blade) - Megaman X6

Forward Throw: throw than buster shot
Up Throw: Up slash
Down Throw: similar Animation to Falling phoenix ripper - Megaman X4
Back throw: slash than buster

UP Taunt: Dark hold (Animation only no time stopping. with phrase) - Megaman X6
Side Taunt: Hurricane (no damage) - Megaman X6
Down Taunt: Destruction Glint (Animation only no fx or damage, with phrase) - Megaman X6

UP Smash: Soaring flame slash with FX - Megaman X6
Side Smash: Should be similar to Marth's or Ike's
Down smash: Should be similar to Marth's or Ike's

Final Smash: Turns into absolute zero.

hmmmmmmmm....... i believe that is all what do you guys think not a bad move set hah?

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
yeah i thought you might say something like that but why not.

think about it he has a such a large variety why limit him?

but i know what you mean the more tech. the more work.
No. That's not it.
Zero has his regular moves too... And special moves are what they are there for. Special moves.

Zero's regular moves being techniques is simply ridiculous.
Besides, who wants 2 of Link's D-Air >_>? Most of his techs are basically the same with different elements.

You're overdoing it. Seriously.
And he's got various standard combos. Which one are you talking about?

Doval

Smash Lord
@Vile: I was under the impression this was for the community. If this is for yourself, you can do whatever you want.

I do love me some Napalm Bombs though. Which move is Air Shot?
Mr9 said:
think about it he has a such a large variety why limit him?
When Marvel VS Capcom was released, the Mega Man classic series was up to Mega Man 8. Out of the 62 available Robot Master weapons at the time, why did Mega Man only get 3, and why didn't any of them show up as normal attacks? When Samus became a Super Smash Bros character, why was she (and still is) missing all her beams and beam combos? Why does Link only have 3 of his items?

Also I suppose this is pretty petty but I refuse to acknowledge X6-X8 and Command Mission as canon.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
off topic:
Bomberman would be cool too
down, foward and neutral specials for Samus', Snake's and (Toon) Link's bombs
upB, just like Squirtle but with explosions/fire instead of water
down smash-> C. Falcon
side smash-> Sonic
up smash-> Luigi
the rest of the moves are pretty basic

but yeah, for me, X>Megaman
looking foward to this project when it's finished

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
@Vile: I was under the impression this was for the community. If this is for yourself, you can do whatever you want.

I do love me some Napalm Bombs though. Which move is Air Shot?When Marvel VS Capcom was released, the Mega Man classic series was up to Mega Man 8. Out of the 62 available Robot Master weapons at the time, why did Mega Man only get 3, and why didn't any of them show up as normal attacks? When Samus became a Super Smash Bros character, why was she (and still is) missing all her beams and beam combos? Why does Link only have 3 of his items?

Also I suppose this is pretty petty but I refuse to acknowledge X6-X8 and Command Mission as canon.
Same here.
Well, there are moves that I liked in X6. But that's beside the point.

Especially X Command Mission...

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah! You never posted what you said you were gonna post.
And how much potential does PSA have any who?
I've seen a Mewtwo and Geno. So I'm guessing it's alot.
But would a lot of stuff really be able to be made?

Smash Ace
Well it will be pretty **** hard without being able to make custom articles, but i will try and get it working as best as i can. Sorry guys for not posting progress, but just so you know, the model is about 60 - 70 % done, so don't worry. I might not be able to work on the model too much for some reasons, but i assure you that this will get finished.

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Take your time. I mean i'm in no rush to get it. And like already said, flame sword side smash FTW. And pics couldn't hurt either.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
yeah, I really hope that PW is able to crack those modules enabling article editing

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Ok well ive implemented color changes (1 per boos power) and im yet to test it (hopefully i will be able to in a few hours, as i should be getting my SD back).

So from this point on i probably wont need testers (i might), but just in case anyone wants to talk to me about the moveset, my MSN is raam.carmine@hotmail.com and my skype is vile-- .
Hmm? When I was thinking about doing MegaMan, I was thinking about doing the same thing. Except MM usually has 8 powers. Personally I'd pick powers from 2-9, with 1 being represented by his MegaBuster (since he was part of the first series). I'd pick more iconic and varied weapons. Like Metal Blade, Gravity Bomb (could be done with multiple winds), Snake Missile, etc.. Having multiple powers was gonna be balanced by having only one available at any one time; you'd have to press DownB to change his power and cycle to the one you wanted (because of the cycling involved, I was thinking about having a very low lag for the switching "move").

If you want to hear more of what I was thinking about, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom