• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman - Read my last post in the thread and think hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
BAWMP!!!

And heres a suggestion. Could you maybe make the moveset(color) change by pressing L? As 1 button for block is only needed. No need for 2 and its easier than DOWN + B. And that way a move can be implemented on DOWN + B.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If you need help with the moveset just look at Megaman in MvC and the more recent TvC. His fair should be that big soccer kick.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Congratulations B3Brawler, you single handedly killed megaman, how do you feel?

No srs, megaman is dead now, im stopping on making him.

Your a ****

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
Vile, learn to censor dodge properly. Read one of my deleted blogs on my banned account to find how.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
dangit... this is one of the things i was looking forward to... o well... Good luck with your other projects vile, i hope to see great results!

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
...so you're stopping your project based on a response in this thread, that is no insult to you whatsoever?
... so why is this dead, other than that comment?
2 reasons.

A. there was so much spam that he problably just got annoyed and told people to stop posting, most likely temporarily (not anymore though...)

B. someone did not listen to that request and made it worse, mabye if it were an intelligent comment (something important that might of been useful) than it would work out, though it was an idiotic spam comment, there fore, vile is done.

I see no point in arguing with this since vile made his discussion, and theres a high chance that he wont change it.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, B3Brawl. Thank you. [/sarcasm]
I was highly anticipating this, but I guess, not anymore.
Although, VILE, that was a pretty meh move you did there. Put that ban list to good use, man! It was no reason to stop the project.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If VILE truly stopped coding Megaman, then I think the bigger joke here isn't B3Brawler, but VILE himself.

Why make a thread if you're not expecting people to reply with suggestions? And why even say "next post kills the development"? That's ASKING for spam, seriously... It's obvious you know nothing of how the internet works, and MUCH less about the people that pass by it... Why not make the thread AFTER you make Megaman, or consult privately some of the Brawl coders to give you their opinions? What gave you the idea that making a public thread will only get you awesome replies and positive criticism? The internet does not work that way.

If he stops making Megaman, then go ahead, stop making it. But I hope you know: you're the biggest joke of them all right now, at least to me... And I was also looking forward to it, ANY version of Megaman would be accepted by me... And a balanced one like you were trying? It would've been perfect.

This is all assuming VILE actually stopped coding his Megaman character due to B3Brawler's crappy reply. If he didn't, then my post is bupkis and can be ignored or w/e.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Pretty sure he was just ticked that there was a succession of about 7 pointless bumps in a short time span. And that he wanted an amusing excuse for stopping. (I'm certain if he wanted to continue he would, spam or no.)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
lol what a drama queen

anyone who acts like vile probably doesn't know how to make a decent nicely edge looped, rigged model anyway. he'd probably be too busy threatening the program that he'd delete the file if it didn't do what he wanted

im glad this thread was a failure, why should you guys let some emotionally ****ed up dude make your models for you anyway? go out there and look for some that have already been ripped and maybe even rigged. you don't need to depend on someone on the forum to do it. especially not someone who may possibly be clinically insane.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
If he's too scared by spam comments to make a model, why doesn't someone else simply make it?

As soon as I saw the "Ban List" and crap I knew someone was freaking out.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
bs. vile, chill man. if youre serious, someone else can make it. did you just want to give up and couldnt think of an excuse?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Guys, stop being rude to vile. If he wanted to close his thread, that was his decision. He doesn't need haters because he spoke his opinion, so just stop hating, and wish for the best. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have time to be ashamed.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
Well it will be pretty **** hard without being able to make custom articles, but i will try and get it working as best as i can. Sorry guys for not posting progress, but just so you know, the model is about 60 - 70 % done, so don't worry. I might not be able to work on the model too much for some reasons, but i assure you that this will get finished.
No offense but what happened to the statement above?

Khentix

Smash Rookie
I think this needs a lock too, however before the lock i'd like to put in my piece.

Vile, i'll give you two scenarios.

Scenario 1: You are a baby who was upset at how excited the community was for your project. Boohoo, people are bumping my thread. You dropped the project, and that's your decision. I think, if this scenario is true, you are far more of a joke than the person who "killed megaman."

Now for the more likely scenario.

Scenario 2: You ran into a pothole; something that is beyond your abilities and/or knowledge, and cannot complete the Megaman Project. Out of shame, you make up something absolutely ******** to end the project. What would be a better course of action is to relinquish your work to someone who is fit to complete the project. There's no shame in saying "My ambitions were too large", Vile. :)

Personally, i was excited for this, but i'm a little dissapointed in you Vile, since you acted like such a child and ended it in such a stupid way. Obviously a troll to hide the fact that Vile doesn't have the skill to complete anything other than the drawings for the character design. :chuckle: Not to mention, ending it over bumps was a bad shroud since all of the updates are usually edit'd into the first post anyway.

Either way, Vile, no disrespect. I wish you good luck in future endeavors, and hope to see some of your future projects up and running.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
...Vile, no disrespect.
huh...? but, your whole post...

sheesh, guys sure are laying this on thick. yeah, megaman's a huge deal, but hackers and modelers aren't given anything for this. guys, rule one for internet projects: it will be discontinued at some point. be it before the project's completed or after the project's up and running for many a years, it will end.

it's sad and harsh, but, until there's a giant donation button for everything everywhere - and people use it -, this is just one of the inherent flaws.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Do we really need a model hack? Ness has a pretty decent Mega Man texture, and when you're using PSA, it doesn't really matter how similar the character originally was moveset-wise, since all projectiles (fake projectiles) have to be made from scratch, it might as well be Donkey Kong for all anything matters. Everyone assumes it's got to be Samus, but that really isn't true at all. Besides, Samus is one of the worst characters to work with in PSA.

If enough people want it, I can try working on a Mega Man Ness once I'm done with Geno.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Pro Tip: Prefacing a scathing presupposed indictment of someone and their decisions with "I mean no disrespect" is not ok. You're still being disrespectful.

Sorry you feel that way Vile. Don't let the asshats get you down.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I, myself, complained because he promised something I was eager to see, then ended up with a crappy excuse and abandoning the project. In the internet or not, that's reason enough to get thumbed down by people.

I really wanted to see that Megaman.... RREEAALLLLYY wanted to. Hearing him quitting because of 'replies' and 'bumps' to a thread that doesn't affect his life in any way is just... Disappointing, and to a huge degree.

Smash Ace
Megaman is dead to smashboards.

And to all those people telling me not to get upset, im not, i just dislike that there is constant pressure, the same people say the same things and its not going to affect the time megaman comes out in any way, shape or form.

Secondly to that idiot above saying im a whiny baby or i cant finish megaman, no its not that, stop trying to insult people when you know nothing about the situation at hand, there are no potholes, in fact, Ive already finished the modeling. Im not whining, i just regret making a thread, i thought it would have helped throughout the development of the project, but i realized that all it did was hinder.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Is this not what they told you at the begining Vile? Did they not warn you of posting before you started a project? Well the answer is no, so I think you may have learned a valueable lesson firsthand, the open internet serves means that usually is no good. Anyway, just ask for the thread to be closed or at least ask the mods or other people experienced to use your thread as an example of why someone shouldn't start a thread before they are finished.

Hype is probably the one of the worst things to have going for you.

Well when your finished I assume you'll be aether putting him back on smashboards or on KC:MM so I'll just wait untill then. Also you're really good at modeling Vile, I really hope you continue to do so.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
I am simply confused right now. You started a thread, complained about all the people commenting in it, and their input, and then closed it. What was the point of the thread in the first place then? Was it just to say 'hey guys I'm making Megaman?' or to say 'hey guys I'm making Megaman and would like your input'. If it is the first one then you should have just made him and then posted the finished product, if it is the latter then you shouldn't be mad now.

Is there really any pressure at all? I mean any pressure that may have arisen from this can only be contributed you, Vile, as you created the pressure by assuring people Megaman would be finished. Also like you said anyone who is posting isn't going to affect the outcome of the project, so why not just ignore them? If someone saying "you should totally do this" is really that stressful for you then I believe that just shows that you are not the best person to be handling a project such as this.

I am not trying to attack, I am just really confused as to why you would just cut the project off from Smashboards because people are commenting on the thread (which is the whole purpose of it in the first place). If this comes to fruition in the future I will happily download it, as I'm sure it will be awesome and enjoyable. I still look forward to the finished product.

Smash Ace
Well if you could read you would have noticed that i regretted wanting input as it just hindered the whole situation. By pressure i meant that everyone wanted me to do things right then and there, that where going to be done in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom