• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman - Read my last post in the thread and think hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Just post it here, the reason i was only using 3 is because there is no need for 9 and the reason for left and right taunt as cycle through weapons is because it can be done quicker. Too many weapons will just be annoying, too many of his weapons are the same, i picked 3 different moves for 3 different occasions.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Knightcrawler's got a good idea dude. You should at least ask him, suggestions never hurt. And what he meant was to have weapons from MegaMan 2 to 9, instead of MegaMan 1. Seeing as how his Buster was kind of part of his special weapons.

I hope I got it right.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Nah, there's no need to ask me. Vile said to post it right here. Anyway it really depends on how much work is to be done on the model and when the release window is. I dunno if Vile's gonna be making his own animations or not.

I would say that using the taunts to change your power is not as good as using a Down+B because you can only taunt on the ground, it requires you to be facing certain directions to get certain powers and so would be cumbersome, it requires you to take your hand off the analogue stick, MegaMan could otherwise have some cool taunts (my idea for one of his taunts was to toggle his helmet, which is why my model had hair), and sacrificing Down+B is good for balance because opening up a new set of powers usually comes at the cost of that move (Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik).

I was planning on Rush being an important element to MegaMan. His Up+B was Rush Spring while on the ground and some kind of other aid (like Rush Jet) while in the air. In the air, I was thinking "Item 1" or "Item 3" from MegaMan 2. It'd recover his jumps, but not his Up+B. This'd be balanced by the fact that it's not actually an attack, and Up+B usually is an attack with good priority for recovery. Rush would shoot down from the air and set down in front of MegaMan, waiting for him to jump on it. While this means there's a delay on his Up+B, the fact that Rush is doing the action means there's very little startup or cooldown time and you can set up moves and combos ahead of time because Rush will wait for a few seconds. Another thing to consider is that other players can also use Rush until he disappears. Rush was also going to be used in his Final Smash, which I was thinking of being Rush Jet Armor from MegaMan 6 and 7. It'd give him the ability to fire homing fists (1 out at once and still be able to use the buster, or 2 out at once and being unable to use the buster) with Side+B in addition to his regular charged buster shots, extra unflinching on his moves, and of course the ability to fly for a good deal of time and extra speed/power. Maybe his MegaBuster could auto-charge, too. I was thinking this move would last quite a while, however unlike all other transformations, it would still be possible to attack and kill him like this.

Of course, MegaMan's neutral B would be his buster, which would be like Fox's blaster except it can be used while moving and its shots would be slower. And of course it could charge up. For balance purposes, it'd probably be good to only let him charge while holding still like other charge moves in Smash (except while in Rush Jet Armor mode, of course). His Side+B would use his boss power that he has selected with Down+B. I think only a small amount of his color should change for having different boss powers selected to cut down on confusion in multiplayer; just his trim or something. Maybe his slide, although that'd make a fine running attack, too. Lots of his A moves can come from MvC/MvC2.

If you decide to go for something like this, I could help you model Rush and maybe Roll for his introductions/winning poses. They could also be trophies. :) If not, it's cool. I've got a long list of stages and characters I want to do (and am working on right now). :-D

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
It would probably be best to avoid using his 'boss copied' powers from any game, since there are so many of them that it would be nearly impossible to pick which ones should go in.

By the way, has anyone considered making a Geno model hack? Shadic and I are both working on movesets, so once we got that bit straightened out it would be a nice touch.

Smash Ace
Indigo, i could make a geno for you.

To tell you the truth guys, i HATE making movesets. Personally i would prefer to collab with someone and just do the artistic work.

Indigo and Shadic, i was actually thinking about asking you guys if you could make the megaman.

Ive got around 6 or 7 models lined up and with the moveset work those wont be done for months.

If you guys are interested, gimme a PM or some sort of contact (MSN or skype would be best). You can take over the moveset portion of this project if you wish.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Finally, a pic! And a pretty good one at that. I think this all you need for the lower body, but if you want to do more you could do that in the next version.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
For a cartoony character it does look a bit muscular when contrasted to his legs, but rather than that, it looks good

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Well, here's the moveset being used in SSF2 at the moment:

AAA: Punch, Arm Cannon Bash, Slash Claw (MM7)
>Tilt: Seismic Punch (MMV?)
^Tilt: Shoryuken (MvC)
vTilt: Low Kick
>Smash: Flame Sword (MM8?)
^Smash: Tornado Blow (MM9)
vSmash: Thunder Beam (MM1)
Nair: Top Spin (MM3)
Fair: Drill Bomb (MM4?)
Uair: Ice Cracker (MM6?)
Dair: Sound Wave thing (MM7? Forget the name)
Bair: Fire Wave (MM1)
Grab: Normal Grab
Pummel: Arm Cannon Hit
FThrow: Water Wave (MM5? 6?)
UThrow: Tornado Hold (MM8)
BThrow: Napalm Bomb (MM5?)
DThrow: Jewel Sattelite (MM9)
B: Mega Buster / Rolling Cutter / Crash Bomb / Metal Blade / Black Hole Bomb
vB: Weapon Switch (Switches B move)
>B: Protoshield (Like Ike's >B and Pit's vB combined)
^B: Beat Call (Holds on to Beat to fly for some time)
FS: Super Adapter (Combines with Rush) (MM7)

Feel free to take anything from it.

Smash Ace
After i finish watching the rest of air gear, ill start working on megaman's gun arm. The head is being really gay, so i will do that last.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
X>original, in both personality and epicness
X died (in a not really epic way) and spent the rest of his existence as a cheerleader for Zero. Megaman's fate is still unknown (along with all Classic characters who aren't doctors). :)

Though I really wouldn't use personallity to as a shining point of either of Dr. Light's creations.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If anything I'd like to see his moveset based completely around projectiles, and not a lot of melee attacks (kinda like how he HAS to play in most of the Vs games xD).

A Samus esc playstyle, and no so much Snake. Throw **** everywhere. xD

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Actually, reading the last page I would like to lend a hand on his moveset if possible. I really have little true knowledge about Megaman, but I'd like to feel useful somehow.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
I can definitely help with the moveset. I have been following this thread and I am very impressed. I can provide ideas, sketches, damage possibilities, knockback, ect. I have been playing Mega Man games for as long as I can remember and I play Smash way to much everyday, so I may be able to provide a balance between the two, and appropriately set Megaman in the Smash environment. If you are interested just let me know!

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the only things I think are truly important for his moveset I've already said, but if you want I can fill out the rest. Anyway if you want to use the head I made (because that's what I started with), tell me. If you hadn't seen it yet, it was here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/HmmHair2.jpg Of course the hair isn't done yet, but if you like it I could finish that.

Smash Ace
Thats actually a really well modeled head, but i never feel satisfied using other peoples work. If you could point me to what model spread you used for that head, it would be great.

Though, if i don't ever get a head made (properly), i may possibly use yours.

Either way if you could PM me the model of the head that would be good, i would like to see how it looks on the model.

Smash Ace
By difficult, do you mean the model or the moveset.

The moveset is difficult because i have to force myself and i don't really like making movesets, but the model isn't, it just takes time and since i like making models its not a problem at all.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
Pretty much just laying out how the move would look physically (motions, length of the move, ect).

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
By difficult, do you mean the model or the moveset.

The moveset is difficult because i have to force myself and i don't really like making movesets, but the model isn't, it just takes time and since i like making models its not a problem at all.
I meant the model. :3

Making a moveset comes down to imagination. Pure imagination. Unless you meant the animations OF the moveset. xD

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Actually I did that head from scratch somewhat loosely based on the following tutorial: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Modelling/BSoD/People,_People! Well, I guess TECHNICALLY I WAS making a different character from scratch and then aborted it pretty early in production to do MegaMan, but that head wasn't nearly at that level when I started reshaping it. Actually, I was thinking when I make my characters, I'd openly let people use them as basis so there'd be no need to extract SSBB models for that purpose.

It might be a good idea to leave a few spots in the A moveset, like tilts, open. Finish most of the moves and then let a really good smasher or three play it and say what he needs. You never know, certain animations together might simply be overpowered or underpowered. IMO just altering the strength and speed of a move will never get you proper balance, the animation, hitbox, and other properties are just as important.

Since I don't think attachments are allowed in PMs, I'll upload it to RapidShare and then link you to it in a PM. It'll be a few hours, though. I've got another piece of business to take care of.

Smash Ace
Well, all the people who want to work on the moveset, add me on skype (vile--) or MSN (raam.carmine@hotmail.com) or pm me with some form of IM contact so we can discuss if you are fit to make the moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom