• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
In other words, everyone, the task that so many others have failed at is now completed, and every Brawlers dream has come true, thanks to RandomTBush!!!

So, how did you do it? What exactly prevented it from working?
I screwed up something in the header. I'll explain later, because I'll be wanting to re-write that guide in the first post.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Dang. I'm having trouble even getting a texture hack to load and here RTB is porting models from another game.

Looks nice. VERY, very nice.

amars464

Smash Rookie
Wow! Looking really good so far! That's actually really impressive, texture errors or not.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran, do you see this? Zero 2.0 may be coming...

This has to be one of the biggest revolutions to Brawl hacking since file replacement itself. As many superlatives as possible still do not describe how incredible this is!

...If that's not getting ahead of myself I don't know what is. Hopefully you've got all the steps and this wasn't a random success, and that textures will follow.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I signed up to the forums purely to say HOLY CRAP! Good job, man!
It was worth it.

Holy **** I cant believe it's actually been done. This will definantly open up more possibilities for the fully new character archive. The only problem is, some people will probably abandon their current projects, and go to these models. I still can't get over the fact that it's actually been done.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I have to fix that texturing error. Not to mention that she's miniscule. :x
how do u plan on resizing her
because i know that resizing in brawlbox leads to great deformation, because of brawlbox's too well skill on scaling everything when 1 thing is scaled

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Eldiran, do you see this? Zero 2.0 may be coming...

This has to be one of the biggest revolutions to Brawl hacking since file replacement itself. As many superlatives as possible still do not describe how incredible this is!

...If that's not getting ahead of myself I don't know what is. Hopefully you've got all the steps and this wasn't a random success, and that textures will follow.
I can assure you that this is no random success. I know what I'm doing now.

But, tell our old friend Depth of View that he's a b-- *gets cut off*

how do u plan on resizing her
because i know that resizing in brawlbox leads to great deformation, because of brawlbox's too well skill on scaling everything when 1 thing is scaled
I'm not sure, really. Wasn't there a setting in PSA that changed a character's visual scale? Basically, you could make a character larger that way, and it wouldn't affect their collision boxes or hitboxes. (I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if that'll work or not.)

Think you can drop a youtube video with Roll? Just for the heck of it?
I'll want to fix the texture and size errors first, but I guess I could. Even though she won't animate. :V

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I can assure you that this is no random success. I know what I'm doing now.

I didn't doubt you, honestly :)

In any case, someone more knowledgeable with PSA might be able to fix the sizing through some method, or we could find a way to resize when animating. Next would be bone work, and polygon removal. In all, a large but not impossible task.

So now comes the torrent of people calling dibs on projects. Exciting times, with a lot of potential. I don't think we can thank you enough for your work.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
If this happens to be successful, the hardest thing for people that are working on projects would be to get the models animated I guess.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
RandomTbush, you dropped something.........MY JAW!!!!!!!
As for the working moonview Highway: GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME! Just PM it to me. This is superior progress!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
i love how this started like a month ago
Actually, it was closer to half a month/two weeks (Jan. 20 is when I started), when I showed off the JigglyCorn and Viewtiful Joe.
RandomTbush, you dropped something.........MY JAW!!!!!!!
As for the working moonview Highway: GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME! Just PM it to me. This is superior progress!
Um, can I fix the positioning first? Otherwise you'd just be fighting underneath the stage. :V

Dantarion

Smash Champion
TBush, post what needs to be done to the files and ill write an app to batch do it to mdl0's TONIGHT.

I have some tests of my own to do with this :p

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It'd be neat if the animations from TvC could be ported as well, but I don't really expect that.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Please DONT be using animations to resize, just use PSA and edit the size in there, cuz 1 its eisier, and 2, we wont need to resize animations when editing

Also... DIBS ON BLAIR! ;3 (i guess im smash hacking again)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Not to be a ***** or anything, but if someone could show me (or do it for me) how to hex a model for BBoxing, it'd be nice. I need Bowser Jr <3

OTHERWISE

HYPE
HYPE

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know someone's going to comment on what i'm about to say, and sorry for asking, but, when do you think this tutorial will be done by?
I'm about half-way done right now, so it'll be another half hour or so. (I'm writing it as I'm going along, so that I don't make any mistakes.)

**** YES.

But, have you found a model of his that has enough bones for a character that isn't an alloy?

Maybe his Strikers model or SMG model.
I don't have Strikers or SMG on my computer right now, so I can't check the models from either one. But I'll try his NSMBWii model on a few characters that aren't alloys and I'll see what happens.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
This will definantly open up more possibilities for the fully new character archive.
Yeah, you're right.

I'm not sure, really. Wasn't there a setting in PSA that changed a character's visual scale? Basically, you could make a character larger that way, and it wouldn't affect their collision boxes or hitboxes. (I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if that'll work or not.)
That should work perfectly.

If this happens to be successful, the hardest thing for people that are working on projects would be to get the models animated I guess.
And the PSA.

(i guess im smash hacking again)
...You stopped?

And RandomTBush, I really don't want to be a pest or anything, but I have a question that might not be answered in the guide, and that I'm sure some people are thinking: What games will this work for? I know that all (or at least, most) games' model types are very different, even other MDL0s, so will there be a different tutorial for each game, or will it be universal?

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Oh my gawwwwwwwd. I know I already said this via PM, but thanks gazillions, TBush!

I'll try tinkering with it more to see if I can fix the positioning/scaling. I'll more than likely fail, but a failed attempt is better than no attempt.

EDIT: Translation did nothing. :/

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
And RandomTBush, I really don't want to be a pest or anything, but I have a question that might not be answered in the guide, and that I'm sure some people are thinking: What games will this work for? I know that all (or at least, most) games' model types are very different, even other MDL0s, so will there be a different tutorial for each game, or will it be universal?
Really, this should work for all of the games I've listed at the bottom of the first post in this topic (and then some, since it's not a complete list). For any game that has MDL0 files, this tutorial should work for it. (I'm not sure if Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World will work, though. It's got a bone structure complication.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, new tutorial's up on the first post! Now with 99% more working in-game! :3

...but Bowser Jr. has weird material properties. He's all shiny. D:

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Really, this should work for all of the games I've listed at the bottom of the first post in this topic (and then some, since it's not a complete list). For any game that has MDL0 files, this tutorial should work for it. (I'm not sure if Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World will work, though. It's got a bone structure complication.)
After this, what will you work on? Models besides MDL0, DAE to MDL0, or what?

EDIT: Just read the guide. So, Dantarion, are you going to make a program to do this? If you did, that would make a good addition to BrawlBox.;) And great job TBush!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Nice! Why does he look... Metallic, though?
That's a good question. I could probably fix that up by pasting another character's material properties over.

After this, what will you work on? Models besides MDL0, DAE to MDL0, or what?
I should probably get back to figuring out what's making Jigglypuff's Bill's hat not want to work. And then look into how to import rigged models, and finally write a tutorial on how to convert DAE to MDL0.

Also, heads up. Bowser Jr. does work on alloys. And he's huge, too.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Oh, whoops. I gotta fix something in the first image. XP

(EDIT: Done. I had accidentally highlighted the wrong set of bytes for deletion. :x)

Top Bottom