• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I dont know how many bones his mario kart models have but I didnt think that it used mdl0's
Hmm, I'm not 100% what type of files it uses, although stages have been successfully imported (Coconut mall, Moonview Highway) so i figure the model would be accessible

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I'm more excited over the hexing program than the resizer. May you please look into it? I'd like my Wario Ware models hexed, as I always seem to have problems with them. So far the only models that loaded were the Temple of Time, the sword stone, and effects/shadows. Everything else didn't work.
try fixing the header manually, and using the other two programs

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
http://www.mediafire.com/?yia2nhzmjqd
here you guys go. have fun
(BTW, it rounds everything to the second decimal place... but it's hard to notice a difference)
You are the gift that keeps on giving. XD

Did Kakashi and it worked perfectly.
Also as a side note, Naruto's animations also work on Kakashi.
EDIT: TvC characters also work.
I resized Zero with success.
I would also like to report Itachi looks good. So Naruto GNT EX 3 should be fine for many more characters.

And I sent you a pm Ds22, not sure if you got it. But I got Itachi to work both when I manually hexed him and when I used fortwaffles automatic modelporter but his textures don't show up in the Brawlbox preview. Any ideas why?

ds22

Smash Lord
Forgot to say, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon goes the same way in fixing as Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

I would also like to report Itachi looks good. So Naruto GNT EX 3 should be fine for many more characters.

And I sent you a pm Ds22, not sure if you got it. But I got Itachi to work both when I manually hexed him and when I used fortwaffles automatic modelporter but his textures don't show up in the Brawlbox preview. Any ideas why?
Didn't get the PM.
Send me the file.
Maybe it's a polygon thing.

Also, I resized Child Naruto from EX3 and though it did work, his head was a bit weird (mouth open, fishy eyes).
EDIT: I checked and most of the faces looked weird (Sakura, Child Naruto, Ryuujinki Naruto, Itachi).
Sasuke is almost unnoticeable.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone can try hexing a few Wario Ware models for me? I've been having problems both manually and with Fortwaffles's program.

What I needed was OoT Adult and Young Link, Metroid Prime Samus, Morph Ball and stage, Animal Crossing Map, Boy and Girl (Maybe Fishing hook as well), Balloon Fighter and the Wiimote model.

ds22

Smash Lord
Anyone can try hexing a few Wario Ware models for me? I've been having problems both manually and with Fortwaffles's program.

What I needed was OoT Adult and Young Link, Metroid Prime Samus, Morph Ball and stage, Animal Crossing Map, Boy and Girl (Maybe Fishing hook as well), Balloon Fighter and the Wiimote model.
I would like to try Young Link.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
If anybody knows the bone count of Bowser Jr.'s Winter Olympics or Kart model it would be highly appreciated :)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
If anybody knows the bone count of Bowser Jr.'s Winter Olympics or Kart model it would be highly appreciated :)
I know his MaSatOWG model has 76 bones. His Mario Kart Wii model probably has around 15. =/

Yesssss!!

This worked perfectly on Zero. Nice work! *hi-fives*
Well, that's one thing I won't have to fix, then. :)

And, I have an idea on how to separate the buster from his arm. Ever noticed how Zero has a whole bunch of bones sprouting from his hands (that don't seem to do anything)? Use a hex editor and change the NodeID for one of the hand/buster polygon groups to one of those, and make the bone's position the exact same as the original hand. Then, you could just shrink/grow the individual parts at will.

(EDIT: So, wait. All I had to do was move the bone in the model previewer to correct the stretched polygons?! CRAP! So I was doing it right, then, when I was manually resizing it! DX)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman

thats exactly what i was trying to do all yesturday. i gave up. :ohwell:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
hey Random Talking Bush. would you be able to tell me how you got bowser jr to not have the texture problem in-game. please:)
I just hexed the materials properly (hexing them improperly made the specular texture screw up). Aaaand if you didn't want him to have that weird shading, I think blanking out the lm_01b texture might fix that, but I haven't tested it yet. Either way, Bowser Jr. needs to be shrunken down.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I kno again with the this isn't the right topic but could someone give me the codes to use textures again in brawl i had to get a new SD card and i dont kno any of the codes anymore

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush: do you know why MaS ATOWG's models disappering at some camera view? D:
and why it is so dark? it is because the 2 shade textures plus brawl's shade technique?
I really have no clue why they seem to disappear at certain camera angles, and it's not just the material properties that need to be modified. The textures need to be modified, too, as they're really dark (+75 brightness and +50 contrast seems to correct that in PSP7).
I kno again with the this isn't the right topic but could someone give me the codes to use textures again in brawl i had to get a new SD card and i dont kno any of the codes anymore
Second post of this topic.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, that's one thing I won't have to fix, then. :)

And, I have an idea on how to separate the buster from his arm. Ever noticed how Zero has a whole bunch of bones sprouting from his hands (that don't seem to do anything)? Use a hex editor and change the NodeID for one of the hand/buster polygon groups to one of those, and make the bone's position the exact same as the original hand. Then, you could just shrink/grow the individual parts at will.
Ohh-ho-ho! </devilish laugh> Now that is a very clever idea. And if I could do that for his open and clenched hand as well as the buster, (and perhaps even with his Z-saber too!) then I would be golden! I think I may have some info on how to do that, but I doubt it will be enough for me to figure it out. If you know how to do it and care to divulge, (and have the time, since I know you're super busy) then I could give it a go.

(EDIT: So, wait. All I had to do was move the bone in the model previewer to correct the stretched polygons?! CRAP! So I was doing it right, then, when I was manually resizing it! DX)
That is a bummer...

Also, nice work on that Bill hat before! Your work has been amazing!

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
how may bones are in his Mario and Sonic or Mario Kart Wii models?
In M&SatOWG (Christ that abbreviation needs some truncating; how about just M&SW?), Amy has 73 bones in her low-poly model, so it can go on anyone up to Wolf. The high-poly models have even MORE bones; Amy's large-size model has 73 in the body alone and 31 more in her head. This is because unlike Brawl (which uses different polygons for different facial expressions and switches them out as needed), M&SW uses bones to animate a single face polygon into facial expressions on-the-fly, so there are bones for eyebrows, lips, jaws, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there are models in the M&SW game that could replace R.O.B. once the head and body are connected.

Whew, that's a lot of files.

Uh...send me the BRRES files for the Animal Crossing stuff. I'll see what I can do.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I know his MaSatOWG model has 76 bones. His Mario Kart Wii model probably has around 15. =/
*Cheers* 76 means he fits over Diddy Kong! :)

Not that I don't like Diddy Kong, but he seems by far the best base for bowser jr. (Close height/ speed/ weight, diddy produces items, the jetpack works similarly to the bullet bill idea i had)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BigSharkZ, you aren't supposed to edit animations on frame 0, start at frame 1.
That is exactly what I thought to myself, because I had made a similar stage using Frame 1, but for some reason I had in mind that Frame 0 was used, because there's a rule in 2D stages where Frame 0 has to be like Frame 1, or else it will bug, so I followed that and did it. I'll change it soon, though.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, I tried out Fortwaffles's model scaling program, and so far it only worked on Zero and Hakushon Daimao out of the five models I tested so far (I also tested Roll, her broom, and Bowser Jr, and none of them worked). Any idea what may be causing them to not work?

...Oh, and I think it might be a good idea to not round it down to the second decimal point. It could potentially cause problems, like what happened when I tried scaling Zero by 11x, then by 0.75. (His helmet was all warped.)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
i have no idea why the models dont work with it. and it's default for game maker to round to the second decimal spot. i tweaked a copy of the program to round vertecies to the nearest whole number... it makes the characters look scary lol. i was hoping for a moar n64 feel, but i guess not
i did notice when converting frank west, i used a debugged version, and it seemed to freeze after about 7 frames of converting verticies. (meaning it got the xyz of two, then stopped on x of the 3rd...)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If the MASATOWG Bowser Jr. model is usable, I'll definitely hop on that. But otherwise, still isn't worth it. ;_;

TBush, any way we could pull his paintbrush model from Sluggers?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Having a bit of an issue here.

In PTX-40A's .BRRES, I can expand the .mdl0 to see textures/materials and whatnot, and the Unknown 6's are 0 like Wacka's tutorials said they needed to be.

Then, when I export the .mdl0 and try to open it in a new Brawlbox, it gives me this error:

and I can't expand the .mdl0.

Can anyone help me with this?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Rosalina and stage update:

http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress....satellite-and-the-comet-observatory-overseer/

Also, anyone knows why some brres from TvC work and others don't, with the hexer? Some stages worked, Servbot didn't work for me, yet Kurobit got it to work in a strange way (Opening the file twice makes the model work and textures appear, yet you can't save the file), Yatterman-2 didn't work, yet some others did, etc.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I've never been a huge supporter of the whole anime into brawl deal... but this stage is just too win!!!!!

Top Bottom