• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Fortwaffles, you have no idea how much time this will save so many people... thank you.

I don't suppose it hexes animations as well? How do you hex animations, by the way?

EDIT: Hmm... I just tried it and it didn't work... specifically, the header part.

EDIT 2: Is it supposed to make a game.txt with lots of numbers in it? The only thing that I can see that it did was give the model the right name... as opposed to having no name.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
no prob. it helps having them seperate, cuz some i hexed halfway to see in BBox, and now i can finish them. I have converted Cid, and Frank West successfully with these

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Heh, it didn't seem to work, fortwaffles. Gives me an error upon previewing or clicking the "+" next to the name.

That's when I just opened each application. When I drag the file in them, it gives me:

for object obj1:

Error reading byte.

Edit: I got it to not do that error message, but in Brawl Box, it gave me two errors.

One said something "Must not be negative.." (I clicked Continue too fast), the other says that the Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

2nd edit: Guess Wario Ware models don't work with the program. It worked fine with Batsu from TvC.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
The error is somewhere in the header hexing utility. I hexed the header of Bowser Jr. manually and then ran it through the hexers for materials and polygons and it worked.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Fortwaffles, you have no idea how much time this will save so many people... thank you.

I don't suppose it hexes animations as well? How do you hex animations, by the way?
You do animations yourself. Rename the bones to reflect the model's bones (or vice-versa) and then you can create animations. A very long, tedious process - much worse than this kind of hexing.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
You do animations yourself. Rename the bones to reflect the model's bones (or vice-versa) and then you can create animations. A very long, tedious process - much worse than this kind of hexing.
So, you just rename your model's bones to match that of the model you're replacing's bones? Because I got ripped animations from the game and I can't preview them in Brawlbox or anything.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
So, you just rename your model's bones to match that of the model you're replacing's bones? Because I got ripped animations from the game and I can't preview them in Brawlbox or anything.
If you keep the bones the same of the model you hexed they should work with the animations that you ripped from the game they came from.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No luck for me so far. I get BSZ's error.

I'm trying to convert Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic models, but nothing so far.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
i think it has something to do with step 5. so try opening it in a hex editor and do step 5. it may not be perfect, but it still makes a potentialy hour task take a minute.
nex up... the model resizer... eventually :/

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Here's what I have to do before recording my next video:

-Make Bill texture with Bill's hat - Not started
-Put Temple of Time (STGDXSHRINE) in Brawl - Done, stage is pretty bad to be honest.
-Make a custom stage on FD - Moon that slowly moves - Assign collision object - Almost done, gotta make vertice hacks because Frame 0 edited results in polygon glitches
-Use the custom (Secret here, will be revealed once it's released) - Not received yet
-Make Rosalina - Almost done, cooperative work with KazeCoyote
-Good Egg Galaxy? - Not Started
-Hex WarioWare models (Young/Adult OoT Link, Animal Crossing Boy/Girl/Map, Balloon Fighter, Samus) - Not Started
-Finish Niko Bellic, ZSS texture - Not done
-Goku animations, put in brawl - Not added in-game, but done
-Add Caramell Falcon/Bowser - Not added in-game, but done
-Try to port the Dragon Ball stage over STGONLINETRAINING - Not started
-Finish Skull Kid V2 - Almost done

Yeah, that's a lot of things to do. I'll take a break and will go play Tekken 6. Also, if anyone knows how to make a stage use Frame 1 instead of Frame 0, if there's a way, or anything that would fix my problem, which makes the Moon stretch forever because of edited bones in Frame 1, it would be nice.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
AMK, I didn't understand the link you pm'ed me :(

so... I will sk again... hoping someone will help me

I have NSMBW ISO, I own the game disc tbh

but ignore that...

I need someone to pm me the NSMBW mdl0 files or all bowser mdl0's and the propeler mario mdl0, plz plz help me... since I have tried to get them myself from the iso... but I only fail cause I have no idea how to extract them... AMK tried to help me with a link but I got lost and thus, not got it working :(

someone plz help, pm if can, or I'll try to remind ya with a "forward" to this post

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Can anyone make me a sweet model from scratch for a PSA character?
We can't really do that right now unless we want to experiment with a weird method that probably takes a long time.

Try and ask again when Kryal releases an edition of BrawlBox that has a model rebuilder (which should be soon, I think that's what he said).

The Cape

Smash Master
I spoke to Vile and he seemed to think it was possible, but he had too much on his plate.

Oh well, I guess Marina can wait for now.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I spoke to Vile and he seemed to think it was possible, but he had too much on his plate.

Oh well, I guess Marina can wait for now.
Yeah, he posted his theory in the BrawlBox thread, but I tried and within an hour I had barely gotten anywhere and stopped, mainly because he brought up the good point that Kryal will be releasing his model rebuilder in one of the next versions of BrawlBox.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet

some errors. too dark and he disappearing at some points D:
will play on textures tomorrow xD
could i help with the alternate texture costumes for Dry Bones too? i would love to help as well!

my ideas for textures are:

Dull Bones (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Red Bones (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Dark Bones (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Dark Dry Bones (Super Paper Mario - 100 Pit Trial)
Zombie Koopa Troopa (red shell)
Zombie Koopa Troopa (Green Shell)
Striker Dry Bones (Mario Strikers Charged)
Olympic Dry Bones (Mario & Sonic at the WOG)
Shadow Dry Bones
Skull Agumon (fan-made Digimon)
Stalfos Dry Bones (Fan-made Zelda enemy)
Golden Dry Bones with Silver Shell, Gloves and Boots
Silver Dry Bones with Gold Shell, Gloves and Boots

pm me if you will let me help ok?

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I made a stage playable from Naruto Shippuden Ex3 playable. It has one problem I dont know how to fix. Once you finish a match the game freezes instead of going to the Result Screen.

I don't know how to fix something like this. I need some one experienced to either fix it or tell me how to fix it.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Fortwaffles's program seems to work for the few models I tested, as it made them nearly-identical to ones I manually hexed. The only difference was that it seemed to put a large number into Unknown3 -- such as 1073404988 / 3FFADC3C. Don't think it causes anything negative, though.

I've added it to the first post, as it'll make life easier for anyone else wanting to convert MDL0 files to a Brawl-compatible variant. Thanks! :)

Now, time to work on a few other things.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
This threads hard to follow. I saw good egg galaxy and some other things, so I'll just ask my few questions quickly:
-Did someone get SMG's models to become MDL0s correctly?
-Did someone get dae/3ds to mdl0 working?
-Is the next brawlbox having something new relating to mdl0s?
-Is someone going to PM death the kid (with guns) and/or soul eater with maka mdl0s?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol, not related to anything at all, but I've done this earlier.

I'll post a download link, if requested. They're in 3ds format.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
i think i may try to vertex hack frank west into D ick Gumshoe

having a few errors with the mdl0 resizer... (converting decimal to 32bit float is annoying)
but i think i got it under control. if it goes smoothly, you will probably see it in a few hours maybe

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
*facepalm* i only just found out there was a faster way of doing this, i literally JUST went through a 55 polygon mdl0 file (it didn't take THAT long, but it was still very annoying to do).

Well either way, i came here to say that fortwaffles should make a model resizer RIGHT NOW!!! Some models cant be vertex hacked :( Thus no resize abilities and that makes it almost impossible to do anything.

Fort if you are there, heed my advice and start on your model resizer (pweety pweese), or if you know a way to do it without vertex hacking, pm me please.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! check this out! It's a little preview of my next new hack for Mario!

FROG SUIT MARIO for Brawl!!!

actually this is a Photoshop edited pic of my project, but i hope to make it an actual model hack! the Frog cap (from ACCF) will replace F.L.U.D.D and will hopefully get a new moveset animation and attack.
you guys let me know what you think ok?

Top Bottom