• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
ust click the models inside the 3dModels folder. I cant get the Import feature of the Model thingy to work it says file not found, when it didnt even give me a chance to find it.
This is what happens to me.

EDIT: The program that exports gamecube models to 3ds is called bmdview2. Its really hard to find and only works on games that use .bmd models. Melee is not one of them.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Appearently the model importer from what Chadderz said is very buggy.

update direct X if you havent. we just got shut down again.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
It doesn't really matter since no one can get it to work, but go to the model you want to replace, open it in the model viewer, and choose File--> Import

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
This program does steps 1-7
the file needs to be called input.brres
http://www.mediafire.com/?ijmyykzlx1y
im going to work on it more to do the rest of the steps. if you get any errors, pm me
Edit: also, randomtbush, maybe you could add this to the OP :D
one more thing, input.brres needs to be in the same folder as mdl0hexer.exe do not drag the file onto it, just run the exe

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been answered before (I haven't read all 156 pages :p) but is it possible to import MDL0s from DS games? I found an mdl0 header in a NSMB rom, but I couldn't extract it (since I have no idea where it ends). Even if it's not possible, does someone know of a tool like wiiscrubber to extract DS games?
PS. That dry bones looks awesome! ;)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
almost done with getting the materials supported.
next will be polygons, which i can copy pasta a lot of the code from materials
Edit: materials are supported now

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Uh, what the heck? Whoever did that Temple of Time really failed, no offense. It's not even playable. The CPUs spawn under the stage and act in a strange way, some textures are invisible, the Temple is way too dark (You can't even see 95% of it), some walls seem to push you out of the stage for no reason.

Also, un-related to this thread, but I have continued my Rosalina idea.

I tried giving her a Luma instead of Toad, but the texture mess up.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
fortwaffles, are you gonna post the download link to the new mdl0 hexer?

EDIT:
Sorry if this has been answered before (I haven't read all 156 pages :p) but is it possible to import MDL0s from DS games? I found an mdl0 header in a NSMB rom, but I couldn't extract it (since I have no idea where it ends). Even if it's not possible, does someone know of a tool like wiiscrubber to extract DS games?
PS. That dry bones looks awesome!
To extract ds roms download dslazy. The mdl0 you found was part of an NSBMD model which has a mdl0 section, but nobody has figured out how to get them in yet because the format is slightly different from the wii mdl0.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
ill post the new link after it's done.
(so far it does everything to hex the mdl0, except it's only fixing the first polygon, and not the rest... idk why)
@dahremRuhar: did it not work in brawlbox, or ingame?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna give me a pointer on how to create or locate the necessary bones from mdl0 files (like my amy) so that her walks and runs move her? It would be greatly appreciated and I will give credit where due.

ds22

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna give me a pointer on how to create or locate the necessary bones from mdl0 files (like my amy) so that her walks and runs move her? It would be greatly appreciated and I will give credit where due.
Find the original BoneIndex for the TransN bone for in your case, King Dedede and when making animations, make sure that that bone acts like TransN.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
fortwaffles, are you gonna post the download link to the new mdl0 hexer?

EDIT:

To extract ds roms download dslazy. The mdl0 you found was part of an NSBMD model which has a mdl0 section, but nobody has figured out how to get them in yet because the format is slightly different from the wii mdl0.
Thanks, but it still hasn't satisfied my curiositys, since DS hacking isn't that big so there aren't any tools to view those files... :( Thanks anyways.

Well, I can't even open it in brawlbox after it supposedly does steps 1-7, which I can normally do if I hex it manually.
Did you do it with a model you had previously done with hex? If not, maybe that model just doesn't work.

ds22

Smash Lord
Can you be a little more detailed please? I'm sorry...
I'll try.
Here goes:
King Dedede's TransN BoneIndex is 5.
Try looking in Amy's model for a bone with BoneIndex 5.
First, try renaming that bone to TransN and see if it works ingame when moving.
It should work, however most of the time it will stretch in a weird way.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I'll try.
Here goes:
Ok thanks Im gonna locate it and test in game...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I'll try.
Here goes:
Thanks man! It worked. And there is only a sligt glitch with her turn and run animation, but i havent created it yet so it should be good. Thanks, btw did u see my forum entry? I have my progress ans stuff up there. I need someone who can fix the texture though.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Did you do it with a model you had previously done with hex? If not, maybe that model just doesn't work.
Yeah, I did it with an unhexed copy of Bowser's castle from NSMBWII which I had previously hexed to work in brawlbox, but not hexed to work ingame. So the model definitely works, its the hexer that has the problem. No offense to you though, fortwaffles, I think you can make it work.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yeah, I did it with an unhexed copy of Bowser's castle from NSMBWII which I had previously hexed to work in brawlbox, but not hexed to work ingame. So the model definitely works, its the hexer that has the problem. No offense to you though, fortwaffles, I think you can make it work.
send me the unhexed file, and ill look at it. ill probably have to add a few lines for it to be supported

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
RandomTBush, could you put your Dragon Ball Tournament stage over STGONLINETRANING.PAC, please?

ds22

Smash Lord
So I found out her centerskirt B is her new TransN bone? Now chances are its gonna mess up her model, isn't it? So i just rename it TransN and pop it in game? and do i have to rename the bone in the pac as well as the pcs?
Change it in both .pac and .pcs.
And we all have problems with the TransN bone (Naruto for example has a disfigured foot when moving).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush, could you put your Dragon Ball Tournament stage over STGONLINETRANING.PAC, please?
I will once I can move all the vertices to the right spot. I tried putting it on the Wi-Fi Waiting Room before, and changing just the bone positions seem to do nothing to fix the positions of the stage and gates. I will do so when the model builder is released, though, since I don't want to have those stars from Final Destination in the sky... unless I made a night-time version, in that case it'd be alright. :p

Top Bottom