• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Revven

FrankerZ
Furthermore, I doubt you'll be able to do a Zelda/Sheik with Mario simply because there wouldn't be a second Mario.pac for the Frog suit's move set.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I tried converting Mankey from Pokepark, but it won't let me save anything. It says "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key" (and sometimes "it's being used by another process" when its not but I think that's unrelated to mankey). Does anyone know what the problem is?
Also, is there a way to convert animations? Because all of Mankey's animations are corrupt in brawlbox.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an FPK extractor? The files in TvC are all in .FPKs.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
hey Guys! Check This Out! It's A Little Preview Of My Next New Hack For Mario!
Frog Suit Mario For Brawl!!!

Actually This Is A Photoshop Edited Pic Of My Project, But I Hope To Make It An Actual Model Hack! The Frog Cap (from Accf) Will Replace F.l.u.d.d And Will Hopefully Get A New Moveset Animation And Attack.
You Guys Let Me Know What You Think Ok?
Wedgie Face!!!!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So, I don't know about you guys, but I noticed a pattern with which games have MDL0s and which don't.

1. Most anime-based games have MDL0s. (Dragon Ball, Naruto, even Case Closed!)
2. Most fighting games have MDL0s. (Castlevania Judgment, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, etc.)
3. Every game that has MDL0s has been from a Japanese-based franchise.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I have to do before recording my next video:

-Make Bill texture with Bill's hat - Not started
-Put Temple of Time (STGDXSHRINE) in Brawl - Done, stage is pretty bad to be honest.
-Make a custom stage on FD - Moon that slowly moves - Assign collision object - Almost done, gotta make vertice hacks because Frame 0 edited results in polygon glitches
-Use the custom (Secret here, will be revealed once it's released) - Not received yet
-Make Rosalina - Almost done, cooperative work with KazeCoyote
-Good Egg Galaxy? - Not Started
-Hex WarioWare models (Young/Adult OoT Link, Animal Crossing Boy/Girl/Map, Balloon Fighter, Samus) - Not Started
-Finish Niko Bellic, ZSS texture - Not done
-Goku animations, put in brawl - Not added in-game, but done
-Add Caramell Falcon/Bowser - Not added in-game, but done
-Try to port the Dragon Ball stage over STGONLINETRAINING - Not started
-Finish Skull Kid V2 - Almost done

Yeah, that's a lot of things to do. I'll take a break and will go play Tekken 6. Also, if anyone knows how to make a stage use Frame 1 instead of Frame 0, if there's a way, or anything that would fix my problem, which makes the Moon stretch forever because of edited bones in Frame 1, it would be nice.
may I request that if you put goku and his stage in your video that you use my brstm's that I made for it? please? lol I can't play on the stage so that would be awesome if you did that for meh :D

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
So, I don't know about you guys, but I noticed a pattern with which games have MDL0s and which don't.

1. Most anime-based games have MDL0s. (Dragon Ball, Naruto, even Case Closed!)
2. Most fighting games have MDL0s. (Castlevania Judgment, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, etc.)
3. Every game that has MDL0s has been from a Japanese-based franchise.
!!! Does that mean when another country get's it,it's changed it. *******s.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
!!! Does that mean when another country get's it,it's changed it. *******s.
No, I'm pretty sure that means that any game that has MDL0's is from a Japanese-based franchise, meaning that if the game isn't from a Japanese-based franchise it isn't likely to have MDL0's.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Can anyone make Ridley (from SSE) playable and about half the size?
Check the Fully New Character Archive, someone is working on it (along with a moveset and stuff. I don't know the progress, but they were still working on it last I checked).

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Well, the model sizer would be going well, but there is an error. the bones with translations of stuff like 0.00001 gets converted to 1 when scaling up by 2.

hmm... so the neck bone had .97, 0, 0 and after running it through to scale up X2 it was 1.97, 1, 1

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
So Bowser Jr. from way back when, is he being worked on by anybody or was he just used to test the process?

humble

Smash Ace
I think its awesome how...awesome our progress is. Fortwaffles good luck with your programs, seems it just is getting better and better around here.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
-_- verteices resize weird.

as you can see, the bones seem to resize right
(supposed to be hinata)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
:)
10 :)
10 more :)
i got it to work. funny thing is, i just changed the translation of the first bone to 0.1, then back to 0 and it was fixed XD imagine that

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr with no paintbrush = Not worth it ;_;
I think he could work without a paintbrush. He's the moveset I cam up with for him, not that 4 moves qualifies as a moveset.

• B: Fire Ball (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Spits out a fireball. If no enemies are nearby, I will shoot straight forward (diagonally downward if in the air.) If an enemy is nearby, it will lock on and follow them briefly.
• B >: Bullet Bill (Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy): Holds onto a Bullet Bill as it fires forward. The direction may be influenced upward or downward. Explodes on contact. If max distance is reached without making contact, Jr. lets go and falls, but Bill continues traveling with its current trajectory.
• B ^: Whirling Fortress (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl): Bowser’s B^; much weaker, but reaches a much higher altitude. If used on the ground, the left or right distance may be influenced much more.
• B v: Shell Toss (New Super Mario Bros.): Bowser Jr. spawns a Koopa Shell. This is the weakened version from SSE, not the powerful item.
• Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Climbs in the car and flies at will, damaging opponents on contact. He may drop bombs straight downward.

Maybe with all of us wanting Bowser Jr. we could form a collab? I don't have MDLO experience yet due to my Wii being at home while I am away at school :( , but next week begins my spring break giving a solid week and a half of free time to work with, and I intend too. The wii will be returning to school with me ;)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
can u show us a screen shot?
it turns out just like the naruto i resized for you guys
i noticed the program froze when resizing chocobo, so idk if it works on everything, but so far works on naruto characters
sigh. hold on, i have to fix it, cuz it doesnt work with frank west either. it freezes after resizing the bones

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I think he could work without a paintbrush. He's the moveset I cam up with for him, not that 4 moves qualifies as a moveset.

[awesome moveset]

Maybe with all of us wanting Bowser Jr. we could form a collab? I don't have MDLO experience yet due to my Wii being at home while I am away at school :( , but next week begins my spring break giving a solid week and a half of free time to work with, and I intend too. The wii will be returning to school with me ;)
while this would be awesome bowser jr only has 33 bones making him only fit over yellow alloy which gives him no B moves or a final smash

and I am still having the texture problem

ds22

Smash Lord
it turns out just like the naruto i resized for you guys
i noticed the program froze when resizing chocobo, so idk if it works on everything, but so far works on naruto characters
sigh. hold on, i have to fix it, cuz it doesnt work with frank west either. it freezes after resizing the bones
Did Kakashi and it worked perfectly.
Also as a side note, Naruto's animations also work on Kakashi.
EDIT: TvC characters also work.
I resized Zero with success.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
while this would be awesome bowser jr only has 33 bones making him only fit over yellow alloy which gives him no B moves or a final smash

and I am still having the texture problem
how may bones are in his Mario and Sonic or Mario Kart Wii models?

edit: Thanks for calling my moveset awesome :D

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
am i the only one getting errors!? D: lol
so...hinata works, kakashi works, zero works,
frankwest doesnt, and chocobo doesnt... wtf?!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm more excited over the hexing program than the resizer. May you please look into it? I'd like my Wario Ware models hexed, as I always seem to have problems with them. So far the only models that loaded were the Temple of Time, the sword stone, and effects/shadows. Everything else didn't work.

Top Bottom