• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
For some reason, whenever I use that mdl0 resizer on Volnutt, I can open and view the brres just fine, but I can't save it. I exported the model and imported it into Blue Alloy's .pac and got a freeze. Trying it again to see if I can get it to work.

EDIT: Worked like an absolute dream

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Put this together in a few hours. Will test out in-game as soon as my older brother lets me use the Wii. (He's playing No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle at the moment, and I don't want to interrupt him.)

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
can i get that naruto psa? i want to know how you got him to make copies.
It's .Fade's CON Naruto. It should be somewhere here in Customized Content. As for the clones, either an article or a personal graphic (can't remember which one) was swapped with Ike's model and given that animation, and a hitbox went over it.

Is it, perhaps, possible to add these hats to other people? I'd like to see... pretty much everyone except for G&W with a hat like that.

n64billy

Smash Ace
[Win]
Put this together in a few hours. Will test out in-game as soon as my older brother lets me use the Wii. (He's playing No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle at the moment, and I don't want to interrupt him.)
Ahh the joys of having my own console, and only one sister who doesn't care about gaming... :laugh:

Good luck! Hope it works out, would be sick to have Jigglypwn with that hat

ds22

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtC6laW9Zoo

Model stage. But it freezes when the match finishes.

Need some one smart to help me fix it ~
Could it be a problem with the header?
Like, what did you edit in the file?
Because I looked at the MDL0 header and it looked like it wasn't edited.
Then again, I don't know what exactly needs to be edited in stages MDL0's.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well, I guess its just a problem with PTX himself because I managed to get Polymar working on Olimar (Lulz Polymar/Olimar). Gonna be trying to get him on another character so all those other Olimar replacements are OK, and so I can get rid of the annoying glowing ball.

Unfortunately, Polymar's tiny, and looks like he has an Emerald Texture. Pics tomoro when I'm not dead tired.

Would anyone be interested in doing a Polymar Project with me once I get him to the right size and texture?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I really have no clue why they seem to disappear at certain camera angles, and it's not just the material properties that need to be modified. The textures need to be modified, too, as they're really dark (+75 brightness and +50 contrast seems to correct that in PSP7)
I'm havinf thsi problem with the amy im working with. Can u help me correct this please. I never made a texture before...

EDIT: I need to type slower! I stay making simple mistakes lol...

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Could it be a problem with the header?
Like, what did you edit in the file?
Because I looked at the MDL0 header and it looked like it wasn't edited.
Then again, I don't know what exactly needs to be edited in stages MDL0's.
I followed the guide perfectly, I even tried the automatic program after wards.

:(

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
If the MASATOWG Bowser Jr. model is usable, I'll definitely hop on that. But otherwise, still isn't worth it. ;_;

TBush, any way we could pull his paintbrush model from Sluggers?
If you guys started Bowser jr. I would lend all of what little talent I have.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Does that mean, we make SMD files and use your method to put them in brawl? It could be a pseudo model importer till kyral releases his.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Does that mean, we make SMD files and use your method to put them in brawl? It could be a pseudo model importer till kyral releases his.
Doesn't have to be SMD. It can be any model, because you're gonna have to convert it to a DAE anyway.

...and don't ask me how rigged models are done. I haven't looked into model weights yet, and probably won't for a while. D:

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hey I was wondering, is can we make Servbot, a background character from TvC playable in Brawl? XD
I didn't get the chance to look at the directories of TvC that much so yeah :/

He'd be epic though

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey I was wondering, is can we make Servbot, a background character from TvC playable in Brawl? XD

He'd be epic though
I managed to find his file, but it wasn't working. Kurobit somehow fixed it, in a strange way. When you open it, it gives you an error, you then have to close and re-open it for textures and bones to appear. His T-Stance is pretty weird, too, looks like he's running. The file can't be save either.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion

He'd be epic though
Yeah...There's NO way he has enough bones. At least, for now. And just look at their models; it wouldn't look good to use in Brawl. Even the creators of the game didn't animate them very well. D:

And yeah, again, can we use props from other games? Paintbrush pls.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Does anyone know where Servbot is located on the TvC disc? I think I've figured out how we can use him...

EDIT: Found him. Now I just need to hex him (the programs don't seem to work...)

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
lol. thats awesome. Now we only need the doctors hat and we have Doctor mario! :laugh:
I already found a Doctor's Mirror hat in Animal Crossing City Folk. It's just a matter of finding the correct file for it on the disc (which I already tried, but the files are ordered oddly and I wound up extracting the wrong ones, I'm gonna try again tonight when I get home from school). Majora's Mask proved that the City Folk hats DO work in Brawl, so once the file is found I'll be hexing it and submitting it to the Dr. Mario PSA folks.

There is also a Pirate's Eyepatch hat for all you Big Boss fans, and a Midna's Mask hat (complete with hair and ponytail) which I hoped for a minute could be used on a Midna texture I've got for Sheik, but she doesn't have any external graphic effects that could be replaced with the polygon. :urg: Maybe a re-skinned Toon Link would work better, he could wear his shield on his face while down-taunting...

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9622333&postcount=2377

forwarding my last post that got really ignored

Plz help me find a tool to extract them, like for TvC needed the FPK. extractor, find me one for NSMBW and I'll be glad :)

or if you could find me the bowser's mdl0/brres files and propeller mario ones I'll be more than Glad ^^

This has been answered about three times before. I can't give you links because I'm not sure about the legality of this tool. BUT, I will tell you that it is called U8Mii and it is found in the wii.cs tools.

EDIT: Also bowsers mdl0 will likely be inside koopa.arc or something similar.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I already found a Doctor's Mirror hat in Animal Crossing City Folk. It's just a matter of finding the correct file for it on the disc (which I already tried, but the files are ordered oddly and I wound up extracting the wrong ones, I'm gonna try again tonight when I get home from school). Majora's Mask proved that the City Folk hats DO work in Brawl, so once the file is found I'll be hexing it and submitting it to the Dr. Mario PSA folks.

There is also a Pirate's Eyepatch hat for all you Big Boss fans, and a Midna's Mask hat (complete with hair and ponytail) which I hoped for a minute could be used on a Midna texture I've got for Sheik, but she doesn't have any external graphic effects that could be replaced with the polygon. :urg: Maybe a re-skinned Toon Link would work better, he could wear his shield on his face while down-taunting...
Thank you! *w* actually, if you could PM it, that'd be swell, if you dont mind. Id rather release it with the next build.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
This has been answered about three times before. I can't give you links because I'm not sure about the legality of this tool. BUT, I will tell you that it is called U8Mii and it is found in the wii.cs tools.

EDIT: Also bowsers mdl0 will likely be inside koopa.arc or something similar.
can you pm me the model for proeller mario nd bowser, hex atleast if you can?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also... I tried to use the 2 tools fortwaffles made... and I couldn't open ryu's model in brawlbox, only the bone points shows not the texture/polygons

plz... someone... pm the mdl0 files hexed :( I need only ryu's from tvc :(

Top Bottom