• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
can you pm me the model for proeller mario nd bowser, hex atleast if you can?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also... I tried to use the 2 tools fortwaffles made... and I couldn't open ryu's model in brawlbox, only the bone points shows not the texture/polygons

plz... someone... pm the mdl0 files hexed :( I need only ryu's from tvc :(
Really? Its so easy to hex them now its not even funny. No offense but most of us are working on our own projects and really don't have musch time to help other people with theirs. However, since I'm not working on anything right now, I'll do NSMBWii Bowser, mainly cause I have some interest in using him. I'll pm you the model when I'm done.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
just do step 5.
I did step 5 :( but I guess I didn't followed it well then :(

also, do the tvc brres comes with their animations, since I only want them for their animations, gonna rip the to work on brawl

Really? Its so easy to hex them now its not even funny. No offense but most of us are working on our own projects and really don't have musch time to help other people with theirs. However, since I'm not working on anything right now, I'll do NSMBWii Bowser, mainly cause I have some interest in using him. I'll pm you the model when I'm done.
I know it's not funny :p since... I got frustrated cause I can't do step 5 well :(

but thx alot :) with bowser's model I will be more than happy :)

I hope it comes with NSMBW animations aswell, cause if it doesn't... my work will become harder :O

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't remember the format, but you have to get the model's CRD0 file or something like that for animations. I don't know if that needs to be hexed or adjusted either.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
This has been answered about three times before. I can't give you links because I'm not sure about the legality of this tool. BUT, I will tell you that it is called U8Mii and it is found in the wii.cs tools.

EDIT: Also bowsers mdl0 will likely be inside koopa.arc or something similar.
You know that MKW's SZS modifier will open .arc files renamed to .szs? They're the same thing.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Well I don't use it a whole lot either, mostly just for extracting files from games and putting custom courses in MKW. I can't say whether or not it's buggy, but the model previewer is AWFUL for non-MKW games.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unfortunately, the chr0 animations have to be hexed and I don't know how to do that.
Is it safe to assume RandomTBush might? It'd be extremely helpful if we could learn how to hex animations to work, at least in BrawlBox. Tremendous amounts of work would be cut with that alone.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
does the resizer works for brawl characters aswell?

I would like risized tabuu to be as big as C.Falcon, but just use tabuu's translations shortened, I don't want him to look like a C.Falcon or a ganondorf :)

if this is a yes... I'm gonn be super happy to start working on a playable tabuu :)

EDIT:

how can I know what # to put in the scale.txt of the mdl0resizer? tabuu is a big *** character, I need to resize him to be shorter, so, if I put .5 will he get to short?

ds22

Smash Lord
OizenX, about your stage.
I may know what the problem is.
It's something with the collision.
I rearranged a unedited Valley of the Death stage and put it over Final Destination (Actually the Martial arts stage) and it didn't freeze.
The sad part is, it swifted to the bottom of the waterfall (haven't raised it yet) and has the same CPU problem as the Martial arts stage.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Strange, I made another stage for a Naruto CoN pack I'm going to release in the exact same method and it didn't freeze.
=/

but I put it over FD, maybe Temple isn't compatible.

If you could fix the camera and send it to me, I can put the file up. with credits to you of course.

ds22

Smash Lord
Strange, I made another stage for a Naruto CoN pack I'm going to release in the exact same method and it didn't freeze.
=/

but I put it over FD, maybe Temple isn't compatible.

If you could fix the camera and send it to me, I can put the file up. with credits to you of course.
Yeah ok, but I don't know how to fix the camera.
It's the first time I ever edited a stage.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
does the resizer works for brawl characters aswell?

I would like risized tabuu to be as big as C.Falcon, but just use tabuu's translations shortened, I don't want him to look like a C.Falcon or a ganondorf :)

if this is a yes... I'm gonn be super happy to start working on a playable tabuu :)

EDIT:

how can I know what # to put in the scale.txt of the mdl0resizer? tabuu is a big *** character, I need to resize him to be shorter, so, if I put .5 will he get to short?
quoting myself, I think my post could have been gotten ignored, someone should make a mdl0 export Question thread so this can stay on topic

but ok, I just resized tabuu on scale .5 and he's almost as tall as Ganon, but he's not taller than ganon, looks pretty neat ^^ but... :( all he's animations need to be resized aswell since... when I export tabuu's original animations in the previewer, they look taller so tabuu stretch to the original translations, can someone help me with this one :( ?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
quoting myself, I think my post could have been gotten ignored, someone should make a mdl0 export Question thread so this can stay on topic

but ok, I just resized tabuu on scale .5 and he's almost as tall as Ganon, but he's not taller than ganon, looks pretty neat ^^ but... :( all he's animations need to be resized aswell since... when I export tabuu's original animations in the previewer, they look taller so tabuu stretch to the original translations, can someone help me with this one :( ?
You'll have to go through and reduce the bone scale of every bone to 0.5... I don't know any quick way to do this. Sorry :(

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
This auto Hexxer program is awesome! I got the Item Box from Mario Kart to convert perfectly! no errors! Probably going to put over Smash Ball unless someone else a better place to put it.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to go through and reduce the bone scale of every bone to 0.5... I don't know any quick way to do this. Sorry :(
well I somehow didn't knew that changing scale in Brawlbox would help me with this, if this work just like the translations, then it's win

I hope I don't have to do it frame by frame... cause... then it will be harsh >.<'

thx for the reply ^^

Edit:

I tried what you told me... but the model just... look depressed this way... I might have to use my other method.. which consist of using the translations of the resized model, the one I used the mdl0resizer made by fortwaffles

and... on each bone (frame 1) of each animation, use the translations of the model that ws resized, this is the only way to make it look beautiful and well done...

I wish Kryal can make brawlbox replacing animations give you the option to not replace the current translations so the bone rotations stays but the stretching/shrinking the bone translations won't be there

I hope you all know what I'm saying here, but if kryal does this, exporting/replacing animations will be made more easilly and for smother/faster Moveswapping projects

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok the Smash Ball worked except it was 7 times bigger than Hyrule Temple! it made me lol.

What should i put inthe MDL0 resizer to make it Smash Ball size?

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is wondering naruto is not a giant in that picture. Its a close up.
For Scaling purposes.

best part: It doesn't freeze

The download will be up on Friday, with a few other Stages from CoN

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
CHR0. Are they CHR0?

(seriously why does ti freeze when my smash ball is hit? I made it into the item box from Mario kart!)

Top Bottom