• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can I complain in his stead? I usually post from the Wii and the internet channel runs out of memory if there's a lot of stuff on one page. This isn't a big deal for it, but still.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
whatever happened with this?
I didn't get a chance to check if I repositioned it correctly yet. I was busy for most of the day yesterday, and the TV was in use for most of the night. However, I can check today and then release the sleep hat version. Aaaand then I'll try again with building it over a different hat.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Or you could just, not quote them. =)
well, you can go ahead and get used to it because i'm going to go right on quoting them. suck it up and stop whining about it.

Can I complain in his stead? I usually post from the Wii and the internet channel runs out of memory if there's a lot of stuff on one page. This isn't a big deal for it, but still.
get a computer. the wii's browser is crappy to use. if you don't have a real computer inyour house then you shouldn't be in this topic anyway.

I didn't get a chance to check if I repositioned it correctly yet. I was busy for most of the day yesterday, and the TV was in use for most of the night. However, I can check today and then release the sleep hat version. Aaaand then I'll try again with building it over a different hat.
k, i understand. releasing the easier version first is always a better idea.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
well, you can go ahead and get used to it because i'm going to go right on quoting them. suck it up and stop whining about it.

get a computer. the wii's browser is crappy to use. if you don't have a real computer inyour house then you shouldn't be in this topic anyway.
Is it really too hard to change the IMG tags to URL tags? It's easier to read, it saves bandwidth, it helps people who don't use computers to access the internet (people have their reasons for using the Wii browser) and it's just polite.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Retaliating harshly for no good reason is his trademark. Let's get back on topic now.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if you have time, could you try to fix the model in MaS ATOWG? so they dont dissappear?

•Col•

Smash Champion
That Dragoon looks pretty **** awesome. XD

And ThatGuyYouMightKnow, stop being so butthurt. D: Its really not that big of a deal.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
http://i49.tinypic.com/34tepv9.jpg

(My Life as a Darklord DLC.)

Oh, I also tried a few more WiiWare games.

Muscle March: No? It... doesn't even use extentions.
NyxQuest: Nope.
Tales of Monkey Island: Nope.
Bomberman Blast: Uses mdl0, but they're in .arcs.

Edit: Is there a tutorial somewhere to hex chr0s so that they aren't blank names?
From what I've found is that for CHR0s is that you have to name them yourself. I just save them as something that fits and then when the animation is the way I want it in brawl I would open the motionetc im using and replace the animation i want to use with the new one.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
From what I've found is that for CHR0s is that you have to name them yourself. I just save them as something that fits and then when the animation is the way I want it in brawl I would open the motionetc im using and replace the animation i want to use with the new one.
Well I'm dumb, I didn't think to try just exporting them.

Ahh, this is gonna suck for MLaaD stuff, since every character and animation is in one brres. From MLaaK, the main characters have their own brres file, but they don't have any weapons or weapon animations.

Thankfully Kain has his own brres.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Just tried LostWinds, it doesn't use mdl0. :( It's weird. Most of the game's files are in two zips and a zap.

I'm using WWPacker 1.8.1 to get apps from the wads, and from there I'm using U8tool 10.1 to extract files from the apps.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

It's aligned... better now. The ears still clip through the helmet, but there's really no better spot for the hat on Jigglypuff. And I also fixed the normals, so that the lighting isn't inverted (compare it to this picture from earlier).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yh4tdkzzzze

And since it is over the sleep hat, here's a green texture for it. (The hat's colour is in the very top right, since the original one was flat-shaded.) Now, I'm off to try modifying the material properties for MaSatOWG models to make them not so dark, and to fix the disappearing problem.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
whoa... did i oversleep or something?
you can actually find .brres/mdl0's in wii wad files?
please tell me where to find the programs so i can get started right away ok?
i plan to test the following Wiiware's/Virtual Consoles:

VC (if possible):
Sin & Punishment
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64/Hoshii no Kaabii 64
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
Pokemon Snap
SSB 64

Wiiware:
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blazing/Stormy/Light Squad
Excitebike World Rally
My Pokemon Ranch/Pokemon Ranch-Platinum
Tales of Monkey Island series
Rabbids Lab

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
*HOLY CRAP IN A PIZZA BOX, EPIC MINING JIGGLY HAT!*
It's aligned... better now. The ears still clip through the helmet, but there's really no better spot for the hat on Jigglypuff. And I also fixed the normals, so that the lighting isn't inverted (compare it to this picture from earlier).

And since it is over the sleep hat, here's a green texture for it. (The hat's colour is in the very top right, since the original one was flat-shaded.) Now, I'm off to try modifying the material properties for MaSatOWG models to make them not so dark, and to fix the disappearing problem.
need to say 3 words...
YOU ARE AWESOME!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
whoa... did i oversleep or something?
you can actually find .brres/mdl0's in wii wad files?
please tell me where to find the programs so i can get started right away ok?
i plan to test the following Wiiware's/Virtual Consoles:

VC (if possible):
Sin & Punishment
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64/Hoshii no Kaabii 64
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
Pokemon Snap
SSB 64

Wiiware:
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blazing/Stormy/Light Squad
Excitebike World Rally
My Pokemon Ranch/Pokemon Ranch-Platinum
Tales of Monkey Island series
Rabbids Lab
Virtual Console games won't have MDL0, as they're emulated versions of the original games. As for the WiiWare games, they could possibly have MDL0s... except for Tales of Monkey Island, as that was confirmed to not have them.

(EDIT: Oh, and I can probably tell you right now that Rabbids Lab won't have MDL0s, because of the pattern I noticed earlier).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can check to see if they have CHR0s... but I have to find them, first. And the problem is actually with the bone structure, but I still haven't looked into it yet since I've been working on other things. :x
I'm hoping they do. I assume that they would work once hexed in if they are in that format.

And take your time. I got plenty of other things I can be doing myself beforehand (Gradius fan game, Kirby fan game, 1 PSA with a friend and a potential PSA by myself).
Must resist urge to rant about lack of high quality Kirby fan games (minus Kirby Cosmic Chaos). Ugh, this is the main reason I started a Kirby fan game XD.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
Virtual Console games won't have MDL0, as they're emulated versions of the original games. As for the WiiWare games, they could possibly have MDL0s... except for Tales of Monkey Island, as that was confirmed to not have them.
Cool! Thanks for that piece of info!
could you maybe pm me the programs needed? i really wanna see if the WiiWares i mentioned (not including Tales of Monkey Island) have mdl0's

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm dumb, I didn't think to try just exporting them.

Ahh, this is gonna suck for MLaaD stuff, since every character and animation is in one brres. From MLaaK, the main characters have their own brres file, but they don't have any weapons or weapon animations.

Thankfully Kain has his own brres.
Scratch that, I'm still having problems. Whenever I try to export them, BBox crashes.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Lol, I love how I try to make things better, and people still troll. :p My computer can handle a ****load of pictures on one page just fine, but some people can't. This was established as a rule as well. (frozn umad) It also stretches the page more than it needs to.

Anyway, again,

Why would fortwaffles's resizer crash on startup?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

i was thinking, maybe remove the ears? how much extra work would that be and would it cause any problems?

edit: @guy: you got a little brown spot on your nose there...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I don't believe Jigg's ears are seperate polygons(although i maybe wrong). It'll probably have to be shrunk down using animations, which can take a while.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't know anything about vertex hacking, but that could be done to shrink the ears under the hat. Or you could change the ears in every single one of her animations. Do her ears even have bones?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I don't know anything about vertex hacking, but that could be done to shrink the ears under the hat. Or you could change the ears in every single one of her animations. Do her ears even have bones?
Vertex editing would be better. Change one thing instead of many animations.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hmm, I thought of something. Is there a way to get MDL0s from DLC? Where are these stored anyway? I presume they are in the save file, like ACCF. It could also be on the ISO..

If we would know that, we could get Phoenix Wright (TvC DLC being worked on, as well as some others) and ACCF DLC models.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
...Wii games (other than Rock Band series) have DLC? *VERY angry face*

SSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKUUUUUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!1111!1!!!!!

...meh, h4xxing's moar fun ^_^
LOL I agree, it's kind of funny that Brawl doesn't have any DLC and yet we're kind of MAKING it have DLC.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, Shiroyu, nice discovery. May you please tell me what you're using to open the WADs? That's all I need before I go into hunting mode. Also, anyone has Bomberman models? I so want to make a moveset for him, hell, I want him more then Zero. :p

Top Bottom